#ConsolePlayersMatter

Oh they exist I have them hehehe, it’s nice to have nice friends.

1 Like

It is time to just face the facts. Until Pez, the console were generally ignored because this is who Blizzard is. Until there is a CM dedicated to consoles it will remain the dark corner of the forums that we do not talk about. Console players have every right to be able to participate in forum discussions with other players of the game. There is nothing about purchasing the game on the console that guarantees access to the general forums with the other players. There is nothing that suggests you are as important to Blizzard as other players. Look at all the issues with certain achievements based on frame rate and console lag that exist that Blizzard ignores. I hope that when D4 comes out that Blizzard will correct the way that console players have been treated. Unfortunately it may be too late in the game to expect anything to change on these forums.

2 Likes

My goal, and hopefully others, is to afford Blizzard an opportunity to demonstrate they want to include console players before the console community decides to move on to a developer that does. With D4 coming around the corner, it would only make sense.

1 Like

Especially with the new systems I wouldn’t be surprised is D4 is on par with sales to the PC version. I know I will be buying a PS5 and buy D4 on it as well. I’d love it to be EXACTLY the same as the PC were we all share info and nothing in the discussion has to be changed because of (oh that won’t work on console) type response. If we are on Blizz servers too then I see crossplay as a certainty. Which makes me hope they get some good anti cheat system so the bots from PC don’t ruin it. (Not sure if botting is or will be possible from a console)

You raise a good point! If D4 is going to be all on Blizzard servers (including console), then botting from pc players will be a huge issue. Hince maybe thats a readon they decided to get rid of the greater rift system for D4.

Well I’m hoping that there’s is activities similar to bounties but not bound by do x in this act to get mats.

More like if you run this quest/bounty or whatever you’d call it you get all the mats. Harder the quest/ more mats. Not 5 see rate after for 5 separate mats.

Bots will be all over that which will suck but as long those mats aren’t required for BiS gear then hopefully it won’t benefit them much.

Also Activision stepped there game up with catching cheaters from (ahem PC) on Warzone with an in game report function and I’d be willi my to bet that will be implemented in D4. Would be silly not too. Now obviously no one gets banned from a report but it flags them so the team can look into it and make the right action. More flags higher priority that these will possibly be cheaters/bots.

That’s just in addition to them hopefully scanning however they do to catch em all (Pokémon)!

Part of the problem is, you really can’t solve botting via anti-cheat. You can curb it, but you can’t solve it. Worst case scenario, someone uses some image processing that doesn’t even hook into the program, and can run a bot that way.

Reporting is the only real way at the moment, and it’s not that efficient either, and prone to tons of errors and abuse.

I do t expect it to ever be solved, it’s just like with cheating using steroids in sports. You catch one substance or in this case program, the. There’s always another on the way, big ole game of cat and mouse. That’s why these need to let people report and have their own system on the back end to filter out the haters and salty players.

I don’t see it being abused as much in a PvE game which is why I think PvP in Diablo is stupid. Unless it’s like the brawling in D3 but better, no consequences just some place to test your skills. Mabye makes bets on it again may the other player w/ gold or mats.

PvP leads to salty people which is a higher chance at abuse of reporting.

The thing is, if there’s going to be competition of any type, there’s going to be cheating, it doesn’t matter if it’s PvE or PvP. Even with day 1 season start stuff, there are live streams of abuse. You might not view conquests or early ranks as fundamental to the game, but if there’s competition involved, there is going to be cheating going on to get that stuff.

You can’t solve it. The best you can do is mitigate it. Anti cheat programs will never remove all cheaters. But what they can do is make it so that your average user will avoid it. If you have nothing at all, you’ll get a situation where a fairly high percentage of users consider that weapon with 80 billion dps to be fundamental to playing. With a fear of being banned if caught, a large percentage of them will stop, but not all.

The only other real solutions that can do decent mitigation is removal of all trading and joining of games with bounties currently finished, so you can’t gear dump, or have bots run bounties for you. And also put a limit on how much you can play.

The game doesn’t allow you to join public games where a bounty is already complete. Maybe a quick compromise is that you can’t even join a private game where a bounty set has been completed. Yeah, the bots can still run 4 bounties, and you’ll have to finish, but that’s still 5 extra minutes vs 1 minute. Basically it adds inconvenience to players which only really discourages the top players, as most players don’t join games to just receive bounty rewards.

A time limit, I don’t ever see happening. Games are now designed to be time sinks. To say you can only play 8 hours a day would upset some people, even if the vast majority never remotely come close to that limit. But the thing about a time limit, is that from my best understanding, bots aren’t efficient. They don’t need to be. They just need to be more efficient than doing nothing. So, if a player is willing to put in the time themselves up until that limit, they’ll be far better off in the long run than a computer playing for you.

1 Like

From the looks of what their doing, D4 is going to be an open world sandbix game with public events (like destiny). They said they werent going the GR route. Thinks WoW meets Destiny with a diablo skin.

Cheating on the consoles and botting on the PC has NOTHING to due with Blizzard restricting access to forums. I mean we can’t have fake players in there discussing nonsense with the precious PC players.

1 Like

Oh so precious! :partying_face::partying_face::smirk::partying_face:

My biggest issue is not being able to discuss possible mechanics flaws that I believe to be bugs, but need to confirm with others prior to submitting a bug report.

Take how when the patterns of justice set came out for the monk. PC players complained that the won kim lau was causing a bug with Tempest rush/cyclone strike and epiphany causing the player to teleport around constantly. It wasn’t a bug, TR and cyclone strike are both melee skills that meet the requirement if epiphany to cause melee skills to teleport you to your target. I admit that I much prefer to not teleport around constantly, but the fix implemented seems to have caused actual buggy issues. Epiphany has a rune that heals you and nearby allies uppn the activation of ANY skill. This used to work with TR peior to their attempted teleport fix. After the fix, all skills except TR heal you and nearby allies. Additionally life per hit seems to be disfunctional with the TR skill. I have submitted bug reports related to these issues without a reply.

It would also be nice to post in the clan community and create a console ‘clan’ so it’s easier to play with more people when your main group is offline.

I mean if your on HC PS4 it is dead and seems as if I know almost everyone who’s on it (at least if they ever try to join public lobbies) SC is flooded but I’d love to one able to find more players without having to go to other sites. Is it too much to ask to use a blizzard site to find players for a blizzard game? Lmao

perhaps if you don’t understand why we’re so upset (as console players) you should either do so more research, or keep your nose out of our part of the forums.

sorry, but that’s just utter BS. PoE forums don’t do this…nor do most other game specific forums that I’m aware of…that’s just a cop out excuse. Others here might be too polite to call you out on it. I’m not going to be that polite.

2 Likes

Yup. Absolutely spot on mate.

exactly.

1 Like

The irony in this statement is not lost on me.

/smh

well, you come in here, smacking us down, and then want us to be happy about it? And, to back up my claim, I’ll quote you:

and

I don’t care much for your PC elitist attitude.

Console players have received almost ZERO responses from Blizzard in our 2 “sections” of these forums in like 5 years. One of those include’s Perez’s response to this thread.

Console players are locked out of other areas of the forum - such as the character class sub-forums as an example. And yet, PC gamers can post anywhere that they like…including the console forums So, quite often, they come in here and crap on us from a great height.

I’m lucky, I own the game on both PC and console, so can post in both areas, but most console players can’t. And, why should they have to buy the game on PC to get that entitlement?

Then there’s the host of design issues with the game that really hobble console players. Go spend some time researching them - they are frequent threads/posts about it in our section of the forums. Blizzard has done nothing to fix them, despite a myriad level of complaints.

Bugs? Pretty much non-fixed.

It has become quite clear that Blizzard did a cheap port of the game to consoles for $$$$$ with zero intention of actually supporting the game on consoles post sale. A classic switch ‘n’ bait.

Just to point out that I’m obviously not the only person who took your initial post this way, I’ll quote another post:

Too many console players are too meek and mild and don’t want to upset the apple cart. That attitude will get us nowhere. If Blizzard takes umbrage and doesn’t help us, then it’s nothing lost. They’re not helping us anyway.

We have many valid complaints. And they have been long standing, and not even acknowledged by Blizzard, let alone fixed in any way. Please take the time to read up on why we are so angry and put yourself in our boots.

1 Like

Synamin - I’ll just add an example - many switch players cannot get the CR cache reward. At all. It’s just not available, despite using a seasonal character to claim the reward (and said seasonal character existing BEFORE attempting the CR). The CR pylon is empty. This has been a problem for over a YEAR, with many, many, many threads/posts about it. Not a peep from Blizzard, let alone a fix.

Blizzard says they read every post, I call BS. If they did, they’d know it was an issue. Then either their being complicit with not knowingly fixing a bug in the game, or just totally inept. But, occam’s razor would dictate that they simply don’t even read any posts in the consoles forums.

So, to summarise:

1. we get completely ignored
  2. issues don’t get fixed by Blizzard
  3. not only do issues not get fixed, but they don’t even give us the common courtesy of acknowledging the issues.

We PAID for the game, in many cases, more than PC players did $ wise (PC version of the game is frequently on sale, the console version rarely). Imagine the uproar if PC players couldn’t claim the CR cache reward, and how quickly Blizzard would fix it…yeah…

Several months ago, we did not have a CR roll over. For 3 bloody weeks. THREE weeks. Tweeting Blizzard made zero difference. Myriad threads and posts here - no acknowledgement, no fix. Until 3 weeks later…we missed 2 CRs…

Would you, as a customer, be happy with this? Should we, console players, be happy with this blatant mistreatment from a company that happily took our collective monies? With the above CR issue, it also occurred at the same time, on PC. Fixed in under 24 hours. So, why did it take Blizzard 3 weeks to fix the issue with us, and under 24 hours to fix the PC issue?

Some will blame the fact that we “play on Sony’s network”. That’s actually utter bull. LBs and CR are hosted on Blizzard’s OWN infrastructure and they have full access to it (confirmed by Sony btw). So, if Blizzard is blaming Sony, that’s a blatant lie and cop out on their part and it shows how much contempt they show for console players of the game imho.

1 Like