Commemorate 20 years of Diablo II with Carbot, MrLlamaSC, and new in-game wings!

Thanks for the wings, I appreciate anything free (well most anything).

2 Likes

Triggered? :laughing: JK

i love this wings, thx you blibli :v: :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Whatewer u do, do not remaster this series untill after u redeem urselves with warcraft reforged, dont even think about touching diablo 2 right now, u do not have what it takes

3 Likes

Exactly. (20 characters)

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :crying_cat_face: :crying_cat_face: :crying_cat_face: :crying_cat_face: :crying_cat_face: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

The wings have sort of a Baal/Druid theme to them. I’m sure some players will like htem. Gotta love the humor on Blizzard’s part with the product description for the 10" Diablo bust (read through it and you’ll see it).

Why do you want a Diablo 3 event for D2’s anniversary. D2 should get the love here and D3 should just be a minor player in the anniversary. I think Blizzard got this one right though it would be cute to have a Mephisto pet or something. I’m glad Blizz kept this about D2.

Happy Birthday D2!!! D1, D2, and Ultima IV are still to this day my favorite RPG’s of all time.

Happy birthday Cheetah!! Gratz on turning 20 like D2!!!

Think a lot of people were expecting a new bike, and ended up getting socks.

3 Likes

Best comment today. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: Not even new socks. :socks: :socks: :socks:

1 Like

Lol… I actually would not want to go back to being 20 again. I am way old enough to be D2’s mother + some. Getting old is not actually that bad!

3 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the new wings!

Happy Anniversary!

Typical minimal effort as usual, which whoever did this probably threw it together in their spare time because they felt bad that blizzard just doesn’t care, if the case, good on that person having some passion left in them.

Between this and the pathetic D4 quarterly update, knocking blizzard down from AAA status a while back is well warranted. Hype for D4 is gone already, they probably had a remaster of D2 in the works but after the backlash for warcraft 3 they didn’t want to release a broken pile like that. Shadowlands is set to fail due to minimal effort and not listening to the fans. Overwatch is dying and the paid DLC Overwatch 2 is set to disappoint fans.

I have zero faith in D4, and nor do I really care anymore because it’s looking like it’s actually further off than people expected from the minimal quarterly updates. GGG will get PoE2.0 out the door first, by years, and solidify their spot as the leader in ARPGs even further.

1 Like

Just dropping in to say Thank You to the Blizzard team for putting this together. D2 is a great game that I spent many hours playing. The Baal wings look awesome on a WD with Mundu’s set, by the way. Carbot never ever disappoints! I’m not going to watch Llama stream. He’s not my cup o’ tea, but I appreciate the effort. I’ve always liked Blizzard because their team was made up of gamers who love their games as much as we the fans do, and that shows.

I know a ton of people got hyped on D2:Resurrected rumors and are being particularly salty right now. They’ll get over it. Just make D4 a worthy successor to the franchise =) If that means you have to shove Bobby Kotick and the rest of the Activi$ion team into a padded room so they don’t interfere, then make it so. You guys really need a big win.

3 Likes

They didn’t say there was no remaster… They just said “no Diablo news in June”. So there’s still hope…

4 Likes

That’s true, and Blizzard has a habit of waiting on their reveal announcements until the games are pretty far along. They got gun shy after SC:Ghost got so much hype and then ultimately the project was cancelled amidst tremendous criticism. And of course the “Soon™” meme was born entirely out of them making promises and delivering late, and Activi$ion seems to have nipped that in the bud. It is entirely possible they’re working on a remaster and it’s just not ready yet.

I’m not going to get on the hype train though. It’s just an emotional rollercoaster to let yourself get your hopes up based on scant evidence only to be dashed when the internet rumor turns out to be BS. People honestly should be smart enough to ask for real evidence and not be so gullible. I’ve learned to be a skeptic over my years.

1 Like

Best game ever. Always in my heart… Can’t say about D3… But you still can make epic D4!

2 Likes

Because D3 is the far superior game at this stage, that’s why it still gets events, in-game rewards and proper seasons. Even Blizzard agrees with me, that’s why current iteration of D2 is treated like the illegitimate child that doesn’t belong.

When was the last time D2 got anything like that? :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

Today. Pretty sure D3 got another pair of wings, oh boy.

D2 meanwhile got a delightful cartoon and a heart warming write up.

D3 would have zilch support if it were 20 years old. Guess how many will be playing on D3’s 20th? Not more players than D4, that’s for sure. The bar is incredibly low to surpass D3 and I am confident D4 will do it. Even if D4 is D3 2.0 D3 will continue to die well before D2.

LOL the D3 dev team agrees with you, that D3 is the better game? That’s not surprising. And yes, parts of the combat, graphics, endgame are indeed better than in D2. But D2 is the better ARPG imo.

The graphics, smooth combat and release date are the readons, why more copies of D3 are getting sold now, that’s why they work (a bit) on D3. It has nothing to do with which game is better. And they don’t work hard on it. D3 players are complaining about (almost) nothing being done against bots for years.