Commemorate 20 years of Diablo II with Carbot, MrLlamaSC, and new in-game wings!

Commemorate 20 years of Diablo II with Carbot, MrLlamaSC, and new in-game wings!

For Diablo II's 20th anniversary, we’re stoking the campfire and reflecting on a game that shaped how we make games. We’ve dreamed up some cool stuff, and we hope you’ll check it out and celebrate with us.

View Full Article

21 Likes

Happy Birthday Diablo 2 - one of the greatest games ever made!
I still love it to this day.

16 Likes

Congratulations Diablo II!
A Classic forever remembered as the best game in the franchise!

14 Likes

Woot Diablo 2 day! D2 was what got me hooked on gaming and was my first video game love.

Also, we share a birthday!

Happy Anniversary Diablo 2! :birthday: :cookie: :clinking_glasses: :tada: :balloon:

21 Likes

We were hoping for something prettier than just ugly wings automatically granted by just logging in.

Like an Uber-grift timed event accessible through a creepy tentacled Hell portal leading to a grueling gauntlet against all D2 bosses + their pesky minions. Doable solo but NOT easy.

Reward for not dying + beating everyone within the time limit = the ugly wings + portrait or pennant.

11 Likes

Instantly getting a wing just for logging in D3? Thanks I guess? Was expecting something like an event/activity like Darkening of Tristram.

12 Likes

Thanks for the sweet Baal wings(?). We were kind of hoping for like some activities I guess. Maybe a transmog? Did Diablo 2 get anything?

3 Likes

Happy birthday. Blizzard is the best gaming company.

Say that again with a straight face.

12 Likes

Congratulations Diablo!

Happy 20th Anniversary.

4 Likes

Are we being trolled?

3 Likes

happy birthday, greatest game ever!

1 Like

No. There’s no Red Shirt Guy here, no out-of-season-April-Fools.

All you need to do is load a game in your region and POOF you get the wings.

Totally disappointed in Blizzard. :cold_face: :cold_face: :cold_face: Why would I want to waste my time watching D2 fanboy MrLlamaSC. I would rather watch paint dry. Bring on D4 already.

6 Likes

I expected they’ll kill bots and offer D2 for free to everyone. Well, I guess that would be for the 50!

2 Likes

Carbot is pretty funny though, and worth supporting. Especially since his vids showcase everything wrong with D2.

As do I right here :grinning:

Having said that, I wish we’d get an Immortal open beta or something.

2 Likes

Blizzard, you guys can’t even muster up a post for the Diablo 2 forums on THEIR 20th anniversary? I mean it’s bad enough you snubbed them out of free stuff, but you could at least acknowledge their existence… :grimacing:

3 Likes

Wow, a lot of toxicity in here… don’t really understand why you complain getting presents lol.

Anyway, happy birthday D2, thank you Blizzard (North, but still) for this great game!

9 Likes

Happy 20th Anniversary :birthday:

Diablo 2 been a game I grow up playing and it reminds me of the greatest times where it was my joyful escape and turns me to transform in to the nephalm who fights to save sanctuary…

Hope D4 manage to provide us what D2 did … years of passion and joy through out the coming 20 years.

7 Likes

Happy Birthday 20th D2 anni. Thanks for all the lovely memories!

2 Likes