[Classic] What is D2 Classic?

You’re the one who mentioned 1.06 had exploits and said no thanks. Even though blizzard is literally working on fixing the game breaking bugs and exploits for D2R. Not everyone who played even used or knew about those exploits anyways. It’s only rational to think blizzard would fix them.

Patch 1.06 was before LOD was introduced. It’s what classic was.

2 Likes

Sorry when you said Classic I thought you meant Classic, not 1.06, they’re functionally different…

Luckily the devs have said they plan on keeping advantageous bugs/exploits in the game. They seem to know what they’re doing.

never mind hin he always try to bailt me

Please forgive my astounding ignorance, but will we be able to play Classic with the updated graphics and network? Is the plan to allow us to play D2R Classic as well as D2R 1.14? Has that always been the plan?

I assumed we’d only be getting D2R 1.14, and classicists were stuck with D2. But Id loooove the opportunity to play Classic D2 with the updated graphics and small handful of qol changes! Classic is where my fondest memories of D2 are.

So has a D2R Classic with the new visuals and network been announced?!

Both Classic, and LoD are being remastered for D2: R, but the Devs said Classic D2: R wouldn’t receive the larger personal stash, and shared stash tabs that LoD D2: R is getting. As I’ve said before they need to give Classic D2: R these two QoL features as well, or else they need to call it Diablo II: Lord of Destruction Resurrected instead.

4 Likes

I totally agree -

But whooooooooaaaaaaaaaa, yes!!! Im super happy to be able to play Classic with the new graphics and on the new network…! Im not sure how I missed that, always assumed Classic was real classic, as in just D2. And the remastered classic will have multiplayer on the new network? And the same anticheater attention as LoD?

But of course, it needs the shared/bigger stash at least.

Ah Im even more excited to be able to play without runewords with the new graphics, awesome…

2 Likes

Yes!! I’m super excited too :slight_smile: I hope we get those QoL updates!

3 Likes

Fight the system! :wink:

No seriously though, we really need a shared stash.

3 Likes

This is a phenomenal post, and this message needs to be read by the devs.

2 Likes

I play classic because of how rare items work, love the fact that what you get is actually rare and not like in LoD where everyone want to wear Enigma…

Edit: Forgot to add, there is like no logical reason to exclude classic from QoL. Feels like it’s just an excuse to reduce the amount of coding that has to be done.

5 Likes

Thank you for the support! Shouldn’t be “fighting the system” if you ask me :wink:

<3 Thank you! So few people understand why Classic is still a beloved game mode. It’s important that the developers understand.

Seriously – runes change everything!

2 Likes

Agree , classic is very different and I believe we should have option to play it. If I were to play on bnet today it would be classic mode as lod is garbage on bnet at this time due to jsp and their bots

2 Likes

Fortunately, the devs have already confirmed that Classic will be playable in D2R. The problem is that they think it should exclude QoL.

3 Likes

Hehe. Classic is run by bots atm, hate to tell you. But yes, classic is terrific, hopefully less bots in D2R.

3 Likes

Yeah :frowning: People figured out how to run CS bots and the PvM scene crashed. Definitely unfortunate. A big part of the game’s success will depend on Blizzard managing bots, no question.

Minor necromancy here, but it suits my question:

Is Trang-Oul’s Avatar available in Classic? Or only LoD? I read the set was introduced in LoD, but I want to double check with the real experts.

Because I want that armor and I want to play Classic… but Ill LoD if I must. Thanks!

LoD. Normal Sets
Angelic Raiment
Arcanna’s Tricks - Sorceress Set
Arctic Gear - Amazon Set
Berserker’s Arsenal - Barbarian Set
Cathan’s Traps - Sorceress Set
Civerb’s Vestments
Cleglaw’s Brace
Death’s Disguise
Hsarus’ Defense
Infernal Tools - Necromancer Set
Iratha’s Finery
Isenhart’s Armory
Milabrega’s Regalia - Paladin Set
Sigon’s Complete Steel
Tancred’s Battlegear
Vidala’s Rig - Amazon Set LOD: Normal/Exceptional/Elite Sets
Aldur’s Watchtower - Druid Set
Bul-Kathos’ Children - Barbarian Set
Cow King’s Leathers
The Disciple
Griswold’s Legacy - Paladin Set
Heaven’s Brethren
Hwanin’s Majesty
Immortal King - Barbarian Set
M’avina’s Battle Hymn - Amazon Set
Natalya’s Odium - Assassin Set
Naj’s Ancient Vestige - Sorceress Set
Orphan’s Call
Sander’s Folly
Sazabi’s Grand Tribute
Tal Rasha’s Wrappings - Sorceress Set
Trang-Oul’s Avatar - Necromancer Set

Yes, I think this is what I read… so it wont be in Classic? …:cry:

Right. Classic has no class specific items. Trang Oul’s Shield is a class specific item.

Fie and guffaw. Thanks Tanis.

1 Like