[Classic] What is D2 Classic?

I hope Classic won’t be just ticking a box in the character options. Because I absolutely adore the Classic menu theme even though I am a Lod player.

I think menu and stage capture d2’s atmosphere more than Lod music. 20 years ago Lod players have been through this classic music. I wish the people new to the franchise could hear this classic theme for a first play “hands-on” somehow.

7 Likes

Haha I never even thought of the menu theme. I love how much some of those little things matter to people!

1 Like

Please make D2classic same stash size as LoD.

and the ctrl-click to move items from window to window also.

This will make D2classic alot more fun and need less mules.

2 Likes

if you are a real diablo2 classic player , you will know every pre-patch lod and after really hurt classic , to be honest im not a fan of share stash because im a pk player :slight_smile: and already kill a few player transferring item , i think any change will hurt the game , i dont see the point to be a purist for patch 1,14 a patch that have already so many broken change , diablo 2 use to be a dangerous world sadly with these type of change auto gold pick up share stash ect these world become more and more save :frowning:

to be honest 1,10 to ,1,14 player i dont consider yourself real diablo2 player , these patch are make from the d3 team

classic is not really classic anymore after lod pre patch

For D2C wasn’t 1.06 the most optimal patch?

1 Like

the most optimal patch

are you the patch before classic have the pre lod stuff

is so a longtime i dont remember the patch number is about 20 year ago . i think you are right 1,06

The 1.06 patch was before they even introduced immunities.

1 Like

i think you are 110% right :+1:

patch 1.07 use to be a very bad patch for classic , badk in the old day

wow i`m sock someone is on point here respect

Please always be honest.
Why only be honest a few times?

1 Like

i`m always honest :slight_smile:
is so much easy and simple like this :slight_smile:

to be honest for me mean . too be open book , meaning hiding anything :slight_smile: you like it or not

I’m not sure I 100% follow, but it sounds like your reasoning for not wanting QoL changes is very niche. I think it’s better to appeal to the vast majority of the classic players.

i dont care 1,14 have change because this version of the game is already screw to my eye , if you are a old classic player , you will know classic best patch are arond 1,06 and before and for LOD is 1,09
so i dont care 1,14 have change , i dont feel to be a diablo 2 player playing 1.10 to 1.14 , this is not diablo 2 prime or vanilla , this is diablo 2 retail for casual of this generation . mean spam enigma , so np with change or qol this is not my diablo 2 , the game is already screw

2 Likes

I played through D2 classic quite a bit, and in the case of D2 classic there are too many advantages to multiboxing. I didn’t like it. For example, barb’s BO and sorc enchantment. I would like to play D2 classic again if multiboxing is completely eliminated.

1.06 and before, like when Sojs were easy to gamble, and there were infinite afk experience exploits? yeah, no thanks.

you just show all your logic here , all the life of diablo 2 you have dupe and hack item ,

i have 0 issue where player play the game legit vs a era where player hack and dupe massively

and what a big deal someone have a weak 1 skill SOJ compare to have your 1,14 enigma and all crazy rune mix stackin over +40 skill LMAO , dude you are clueless of vanilla and lack of logic , i like more playing a patch where the gameplay is fun and balance for the original game vs a patch is design for a expansion lol you show all your logic here kid

1 Like

This topic is about explaining the differences between Classic and LoD to better inform people who have only played LoD. Patch conversations are not really relevant, and the flaming is not appreciated. Please keep it on topic.

Thanks for understanding!

2 Likes

The overall gameplay of classic was more enjoyable, but the game had a few problems. The blizzard team should know enough to fix those bugs and exploits, so there shouldn’t be a problem here anyway. They also have enough experience to know how to balance things.

2 Likes

Which bugs and exploits should the team change in Classic?

Classic 1.06 had a few problems. But it was still good. If the team were to consider classic gameplay, then bugs and exploits should obviously be fixed. It’s not like those are the core reasons why it’s fun anyways.

1 Like

I’m confused in which bugs and exploits you want fixed is all. You’ve said they should be but, which bugs and exploits?