[Classic] The Shared Stash

I oppose any change to classic, including the shared stash,

Yeah there’s really no point keeping the tiny stash.
It’s never been a selling point to classic, we all had full accounts of rare mules.

3 Likes

Nope. Nope. Nope. I have seen nothing but people bashing any and all changes to D2R. Leave Classic the exact same as it is. That way the precious try-hards can keep the game they so desperately love. Make zero changes to classic.

Also, Sorry, Quick Question: WHAT IS THE POINT IN SELLING A NEW VERSION OF A GAME IF YOU ARE GOING TO PUT EVERY FEATURE IN THE CLASSIC VERSION FOR FREE!?

You misunderstand. As has been stated a couple times earlier in this thread, Classic means without LoD, this is still talking about D2Resurrected, which will be bought and paid for, and has a choice to play without the Expansion : Lord of Destruction.

We need the larger shared stash, muling does not make the game more fun or challenging, just annoying and tedious.

3 Likes

I mean at one stage we did actually have shako, gaze, Valor, stormshield, windforce, eagle horn and grandfather blade in classic but it was only for a short time before it got patched haha

I had heard about expansion items leaking into Classic, but I wasn’t present at the time, don’t know what patch this was…to me it was all a wive’s tale, never knew if it was true or not.

Good to know someone was there! haha.

Guess we’ll see soon if Classic has shared stash in alpha (hopefully Classic is playable in alpha?)

1 Like

They are talking about classic resurrected, which is still going to get remastered and you still have to buy it, but it won’t have the shared stash like LOD.

1 Like

Supposedly, anyways. The source was a streamer, llama, and as such we have no real way of knowing if that is true or not.

I would hope they would understand Classic to need the shared stash as well, especially if they insta-close games you leave.

It would have been nice to have a little blizzard involvement in this forum, but as it is we have to take the word of Llama, hopefully he was wrong or they end up changing their minds.

Shared, larger stash for Classic please, thanks.

2 Likes

Nothing is set in stone. We haven’t even entered alpha yet.

2 Likes

Gents,

Just to provide a little update now the Technical Alpha is underway. I haven’t been in receipt of access but a number of people in our shared community (Phrozen Keep) have been. I have requested that they check out the Classic version of D2:R however sadly it is currently disabled. There is no option to create a Classic character at this time.

Too bad, hopefully after this alpha we will get a little more involvement from Blizzard to respond to concerns.

1 Like

Quick update as I managed to get hands on the alpha files.

From checking the data folder including with Alpha the Shared Stash has not made its way to Classic.

You can see the gap at the top of the expansion stash where the tabs go but the Classic stash remained tiny with no tabs.

Expansion
i.imgur(dot)com/jGfH9sb(dot)png

Classic
i.imgur(dot)com/RIBxKwP(dot)png

3 Likes

All I can say is that if they intend to keep this, they had better leave game-states open for several minutes (as they do now) and they better not crash, or there will be mutiny! mutiny I tell you!!!

2 Likes

Hopefully it’s something they plan on doing before launch…

2 Likes

That would be ideal. It really is going to dampen my excitement if I don’t get the same QoL features as on LoD. It actually bugs me a lot that the devs seem like they have never played Classic at all, nor ask veteran Classic players their thoughts on it.

There are multiple forums that still have use with many of us Classic players, it wouldn’t be too hard to find us if Blizzard wanted feedback.

Please Blizzard, just ask some questions of Classic players. Let’s hope they become more responsive on forums soon. Classic players often times need more mules than that of LoD players, due to how rare affix generation works.

6 Likes

kinda sucks even the alpha had no option to play classic

5 Likes

Hey LV good to see you again!
Yes- was disappointing. As soon as I found out Classic wasn’t involved in alpha, I stopped refreshing to see if I got in alpha, but I’m not too surprised honestly.

I really wish Kripp were more involved with Blizzard rather than a niche streamer like Llama, I feel he would have actually asked some decent questions RE: Classic.

Oh well, we’ll have to wait until Blizzard engages in forums I guess, hopefully they will ask the Classic community for insight soon. Kripp is the only streamer that I know of that streams Classic, so I don’t know if they have any input from literally any Classic players, I think they just assumed we’re all masochistic. Hope they listen before the release.

5 Likes

Just to echo this; if Blizzard is reading the forums, I would welcome a discussion regarding Classic implementation of features.

Also sidenote; I did see Gamble Refresh pop it’s way in (we have this in our mod!!). Hopefully this makes it way over to Classic too.

3 Likes

Yeah that would be great. The Classic community definitely has the same (or a larger) need to conveniently mule.

It becomes even harder to mule safely because there are less players on Classic so you often don’t have trusted friends online at any given time.

This change is super important.

5 Likes

We need the Devs or a CM to address this. Classic needs the QoL enhancements that LoD is receiving.

6 Likes