[Classic] The Shared Stash

Classic should get same stash size as LoD. Every game mode should have shared stash. From the perspective of someone that played it all, since D1 era, I’ve had enough of dealing with perming games or using multiple copies for online gear exchange, or using misc software for single play keeps ( some finds aren’t useful at all, but still hold trophy value for it’s rarity ).
Would love some further improvements on QoL stuff, but those aren’t as important as this. Classic is one of those modes that are special with it’s quirks and RNG driven gear choices ( no “kids” RW’s to hold your hand, no crazy Act5 xp to boost you overpowered in hours ), and it’s a mode I suggest every Diablo2 player to try at least once, to get the “real fun” experience. I believe keeping minuscule stash size is not fundamental to it. It only makes you produce more mules.

8 Likes

1000000% agree! Classic should get the expanded stash + features

9 Likes

At this point I would love for a confirmation that this is, in fact, the plan.

As of yet as far as I know this “news” has only been told by MrLlama, a streamer, and unfortunately Alpha was LoD only.

Really hoping beta is going to be well enough along for Classic to be included as well. There are lots of players that won’t be buying D2R if Classic is not supported, as many players do not like the gameplay of D2LoD. Would be great to find out if this is true or not.

I cannot for the life of me, imagine how I am supposed to mule on my Switch or Xbox in Classic, with such a small community even on PC compared to LoD. I really hope Llama is wrong on this one.

4 Likes

Hi Kieran.

I was not a benefactor of your work, but many of my old school friends were! Thank you for keeping the game alive all these years while we waited for this remaster :slight_smile:

I am in complete agreement. Not a single old school classic player that I have spoken to would voice any complaint about including QoL improvements in the classic portion of D2R. Classic players are far more common than purists, and they are not the same thing.

Shared stash and increased stash size are crucial. Blizzard: Please implement these critical changes for classic.

Best,
Will

7 Likes

I dont even know where to begin to express my disappointment… this is yet another hard indication that these blizzard employees dont even play their own games… I pre purchased the game just so i can come make a post here… ive been playing classic with the same account for the last 7 years… HCCL i really play… im a top tier player on every HC classic ladder… this is outrageous that they are so far from how the real player base feels… and after hearing about this i have lost most of my faith in the development of this remaster. i willingly give my money just say you are making a huge mistake. no classic option in the alpha or beta? is this a ffing joke? i want to know who blizzard got that purist information from. i think we the people who PAY YOU@blizzard deserve to know where you’re getting this backwards information from. you wanna talk to some real classic players? were not hard to find, we still play HCCL every season. and if you dont wanna talk to us then ask Kripparian for his valuable input. whoever is giving you information on classic players should be silenced for a while until they have learned to not speak about stuff they dont understand… as a “purist” let me tell you, i want ALL the QOL changes… also we want UBERS in classic, ( we already have Dclone ) but atleast give us a reward for killing him…( does’nt have to be annie…( ur so dumb) ) we dont care about followers they suck anway… after all that i just really have one request from blizzard… its really simple… goes something like this… HEY CAN YOU PLEASE LISTEN TO THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAMES YOU CREATE. MMK THANX BAI. Drops mic puts up middle fingers

4 Likes

I don’t want ubers in Classic, or new rewards…but yeah…Definitely need the shared stash, I think the devs are honestly oblivious to Classic, and that’s not really their fault, except they should have reached out a little more about Classic.

No questions on any of the surveys about Classic? not one? Kripp would be a great spokesman, I think. Nearly every Classic player I’ve talked to is disappointed about the shared stash debacle.

6 Likes

to each their own about the ubers Dclone part, but i really dont see a problem with it as long as it was done properly… no torch or annie obviously… no new items either… just give us the option to do it for some change of pace and random rares… no XP boost… just something to do… i will never touch Xpac again, i feel the changes they made in LOD were really fundamentally bad, i love act 5, ubers, and Dclone. honestly dont care if they are even considered for classic but i do care about the stash thing… and i will not be playing any form of LOD. so i hope they have a plan for classic D2. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Fair…when you said “reward”…I got a bit worried…haha, I love the itemization in Classic as is…

Most importantly…shared stash please!!! preferably the large stash too, I don’t think many Classic players will care based on my conversations with many of them…I don’t think the devs play Classic at all.

6 Likes

All we can do is hope for the best and be vocal! if we dont let them know, then they wont know i guess… To put it simply… lol. totally stoked you understood my vision on the ubers Dclone thing, i LOVE classic itemization! And i would not want to change a single part of it! i think most people just dont understand the difference from classic to LOD and i hope this dev team does some major homework and understands how important classic is.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the responses and support gents. I don’t believe we have had a single opposition which speaks absolute volumes. Hopefully it makes its way in.

I will continue to bang the drum and of course will pull any data blizzard leave behind in up coming alphas and betas to see if our voice is being heard.

6 Likes

I don’t agree with UBERS in classic but i like your enthusiasm hopefully the beta will have classic to be tested and allow us to give them feedback

4 Likes

yeah to each their own about that one, and I do understand ho0w its VERY controversial. I still stand by what i said though, if it was done correctly i think it could be a lot of fun for the classic community. no torches, no new items, no XP bonus. just a nice change of pace from the constant CS grind that classic is, dont get me wrong thats all i play anymore, but even i do get a bit bored of cs runs…
my stance is a bit odd, i suppose, but i have my reasons. I dont play classic because i hate LODs content. Act5 is actually my favorite act in the game, druid and assasin are among my favorite classes, obviously i love ubers and Dclone…i play classic because i think runewords, charms, and the way they changed the block rate on shields… among other things changed the game in a negative way… in my humble opinion! (dont shoot i come in peace) Im sure you know how epic the itemazation is in classic compared to LOD, dare i say any other arpg. I dare. so to wrap it up yeah i would love all the LOD content in a classic version of the game… kinda hard to understand… but if you do get it, and you’ve read this far then i applaud you :smiley: ! and thanks! i hope we get a classic option in the beta. and i hope i can sink my teeth into it and give some honest feed back as a veteran classic player. Cheers!

3 Likes

Beta should have shared stash for Classic.

Hopefully they’ve seen the feedback in this thread and others.

4 Likes

Hopefully it does have the changes. I wish they’d communicate with us on the forums more and let us know though.

4 Likes

Just wanting to add: I haven’t played classic since the expansion came out years ago.

I do agree with everyone here that classic D2R should still get the same planned shared stash size and tabs as the expansion group too.

Just because it’s classic doesn’t mean people should be trolled. When I watched blizcon and saw that little tiny square of a stash, I legit felt bad for the classic crowd.

5 Likes

Thanks for the support!

I don’t think they meant to intentionally troll us, but sometimes it feels that way :stuck_out_tongue: no, I think they just didn’t talk to any Classic players before rushing to that decision. Hopefully they will see the pushback here, on reddit, Twitter, discord, and jsp.

Muling was tedious for us classic players, but it was always doable with infinite accounts.

We are now undoubtedly going to have a character limit tied to one account per D2R purchase.

This is a huge, huge problem. I had dozens of mules for Classic gear. And it’s not like I was a hoarder, the gear was worth keeping. After a couple ladder seasons it isn’t unheard of to have hundreds of medium-high value rares, and uniques on top of that.

If they don’t change their minds, we will be forced to just delete perfectly good items, when in D2 we could keep them for trading. It is not hard to fill up multiple mules in Classic from just a week of MFing.

If we have a hard limit of 18 chars on D2R, with the small stash, we will have a grand total stash space equivalent to just over 4 LoD characters. With rares being the best of the best, it is well known among Classic players that we usually had far more mules than expansion players.

I can’t imagine playing after a season or two if we don’t get the large, shared stash. I will constantly be bogged down on every character, looking for space.

Most +2 ammies are kept, nearly any exception. weapon above 150%Ed has value, many min dmg or FCR rings need to be kept.

This was all fine when we had dozens of mule accounts. I had a full account for just helms, one for Armor, one for gloves/boots. This is accounts we’re talking, full. Not characters.

Many don’t realize how many different items are viable in Classic, the itemization is phenomenal. You could gamble a bone helm that would rival the best ornate found off Hell Diablo.

Many different types of rings are used on different chars, most players have several tvt gearswaps on mules.

432 stash spaces is nowhere near enough, and on top of that we are going to risk muling in games that don’t even stay open anymore?

So we, by necessity, need to find enough trustworthy friends that are available day and night so someone might possibly be online when you need to mule?

Before we could mule relatively safely in a passworded game, joining with a new account, but now games likely will not stay open.

This is terrible. I plan to play this game for years to come, 400 or so stash spaces is nowhere near enough.
Even though the space is awful, the inability to mule in such a small community is a big problem.

Please rethink this decision. Shared stash is a necessity, hopefully with as much space as LoD.

I know the devs seem to think every Classic player is some insane player going to play 12 hours a night, but it isn’t true at all. We are just as varied as LoD players.

We are not all masochists.

10 Likes

Again I would like to quickly point out the absurdity of muling in Classic on a console, where the player base is going to be near nonexistent. I shouldn’t need 2 consoles and 2 online subscriptions just to mule a few gems.

Do the developers have any idea how bad this is going to be if they don’t add a shared stash for Classic?

Please fix this before beta.

7 Likes

God dang it, I hadn’t even thought about that on a console and I was going to dabble in classic on Xbox later on. They have to fix this ugh.

3 Likes

Hopefully we are being listened too! Especially given all the pre orders from us classic folk!

Edit: I did tweet PezRadar to try get a response from a blue but no joy!

3 Likes

Yes, this needs to happen. I’ve lost countless items xfering to mules and even some stolen trying to xfer in a public game.

4 Likes