[Classic] The Shared Stash

I haven’t played the standard game at a high level as much as I would like, and am really interested in doing so more with D2R. Most of my time over the years with this game has been in LoD. But not giving the shared stash to D2R Classic mode would be tragic and deter a lot of people from trying it out. Not giving Classic the same QoL features is for the most part a mistake. It’s a great version of the game, and we should encourage people to try it out.

If it doesn’t have a shared stash, I might straight up ignore it, and that would be a shame. I also hate having to install mods to fix developer oversights.

12 Likes

i’ve seen many more posts asking for this i wish we could get a response from a DEV

6 Likes

They are literally putting time into the garlic dude… the garlic!! Yes I think, a Shared stash is defenitely something they would Spend time on for classic

9 Likes

It’s not about if they’re willing to put the time in.

In an interview it was stated by the devs that they weren’t going to give D2Classic the same large stash / shared stash as LoD.

This is why we are concerned, and hope we can change their minds on this.

8 Likes

Full support! The size isn’t even the big problem for me, but the shared stash feature is just really important. Especially when you have no loaders to mule with.

7 Likes

Agree. I think Classic in D2: R should receive as much love as LoD! There are fan bases for both, and if they mainly only remaster LoD then they are not remastering D2. They should then call it Diablo II: Lord of Destruction Resurrected.

7 Likes

Give the classic players the QoL features also! I like to hoard rares when I play it. Bring on the stash improvements.

10 Likes

Yes, the nature of rares in classic dictate more space.
I always had more mules needed in classic than xpac.

Let’s say you have 20 character limit on your account (I hope it will be more)

Lots of the best items in classic are 4x2 or 3x2

This means only 5 large items per character inventory, and in classic low lvl uniques are used as currency, which compounds this problem.

If we don’t get the larger stash and shared stash, then we need virtually unlimited characters for mules again, which is terrible.

If there is a character limit per account, the idea of small stash is going to be a massive gameplay downgrade.

With larger shared stash, a character limit is much less toxic.

8 Likes

I agree. Classic should have a shared stash like LoD and would like to see this. It makes more sense and it will be a much better feature not having to create mule characters

8 Likes

At Blizzard, you guys are always trying to “Find the Fun”. As one dev put it.

It is not fun to have to mule juggle, and log into b-net to try and get that awesome staff you found on your necromancer over to your sorc.

I think a shared stash is just the way to go. Keep us in the game having fun longer.

8 Likes

@blizzard, if its really a problem separating classic/lod shared stash,
you could consider making a special room for muling, somthing that will let classic players transfer items from char to char.

5 Likes

I wonder, this shouldn’t be something that is a technical issue, right? should be fairly simple to create a separate shared stash for both classic, and LoD, as they have to do the exact same thing for hardcore/softcore already.

I think this is more an issue of, “hey, we played D2, but for us, LoD was D2”

I honestly think, maybe, the developers just have very little experience with classic D2, and honestly probably all the people they’ve heard feedback from is LoD players.

All the streamers, etc. are LoD players, far as I’ve seen.

I honestly just can’t imagine being a developer and thinking us classic players would ever want to make the QoL worse for ourselves. Muling wasnt something we wanted to do, it was a necessity.

6 Likes

you actually have a strong point,
maybe it has somthing to do with separated severs and cost? would make sense.

3 Likes

Hmm. I would certainly hope they wouldn’t hide a technical issue behind the idea that “classic players are just too purist” to want a shared/large stash.

Would be great to have blizzard confirmation at some point on why this initial decision was made, and hopefully a change because I’ve yet to see a classic player want this.

5 Likes

From my knowledge of how the original game works, there are flags that separate hardcore, softcore, ladder, non-ladder and indeed classic and expansion. I can see no technical reason as to why it couldn’t be implemented. Let’s be honest, these guys have created masterpieces - it is not beyond their technical scope.

6 Likes

Kinda figured this is how it worked, I wasn’t 100% sure, as some of the people I have played with over the years did experience some problems modding the classic stash, but yeah…shouldnt be a problem

I think they just haven’t talked to enough serious classic players to know what we want.

5 Likes

Can’t support this enough. I may have some friends who will want to play LoD, but I will always be more in love with classic. Eventually I’ll revert back to single player, but either way I would love a shared stash in Classic!

6 Likes

Yea this is me too. I’ll end up playing both but something about classic at ladder reset has always just felt better

4 Likes

Wish the devs would actually reply to this

5 Likes

Would be nice to see a little dev involvement here, no better way to drum up more support / preorders than community engagement!

I’m sure they’ll contribute more closer to alpha, but this is a change that should be done before alpha.

This is a common sense no brainer.

This unchanged would be a massive headache for any alpha testers of classic.

How are we going to give any technical feedback if we get none of the upgrades?

5 Likes