[Classic] The Shared Stash

Oh, well that is dumb. Sorry I didn’t see that no shared stash for classic was confirmed.

Well then, yeah, I agree. Give classic players a shared stash too!

12 Likes

I mean, as far as I understand all the QoL improvements will be optional anyways, so anyone who doesn’t want them, could simply deactivate them in the menu.

Everyone gets what they want, so everyone should be happy with that solution.

As long as it doesn’t come down to changes which will affect everyone (droprate, balance and core gameplay changes) it should be fine imo.

3 Likes

It’s a pretty huge oversight on their part to think that classic players would not welcome quality changes that actually add to the enjoyment of the game.

D2R: Classic needs love to. Increasing the stash size and giving us a shared stash would be a welcomed change. I’d like them to go one step further and give D2R: Classic the mercenary system in LOD. That’d be a nice little QoL improvement I’d personally love.

5 Likes

I’ve played classic ONLY since D2 beta, and will ONLY play classic in D2:R, so i’ve interracted with quite a few like-minded players over the years. I can assure you, Blizzard, that there isn’t a single classic player out there who wouldn’t want shared stash. The reasoning behind not including shared stash in classic D2:R (that purists wouldnt like it) is completely wrong - overwhelming majority of people that play classic do so because they prefer certain game mechanics of classic over LoD, not because they’re “purists”

14 Likes

Wouldn’t that seriously mess up the game balance of Classic?
Not having a merc is actually one of the things that I really like about Classic Diablo - they are honestly kind of OP.

3 Likes

You can still get mercs, but they can’t leave their act and you can’t equip them. They are only OP in LOD because of the items available to use on them.

I am pretty sure that Act 2 mercs would be bad for classic even with “bad” equipment.

Having a Might Aura means a huge damage buff for Bowas, Barbs and Summon Necs and the Holy Frost Aura would make Classic HC much less deadly.

2 Likes

You do realize you can get mercs in Classic, right? They just can’t be revived, they have no equipment and they cannot leave their Act. Example: You cannot take a Act 1 Rogue to Act 2.

They wouldn’t be OP in Classic as they already exist in it. They just are more of a gimmick than a companion, in their current state.

2 Likes

I have played my fair share of Classic Ladder :wink:

It would allow Frost Sorcs to solo clear the CS with ease even if they face dual immune Seal Bosses.

Also a 230% damage increase for Barbs, Bowas and and Summon Necs is kind of a game changer.

2 Likes

Mercs should be left alone. We’re here to talk about the stash.

IF someone REALLY wanted classic mercs changed, we already know mod support will be available. Just hope we get dedicated servers for those mods.

3 Likes

we already know mod support will be available. Just hope we get dedicated servers for those mods.

They never said mod support would be available. They basically said, they want it to be more accessible (no need for DLL injections) for the modding community. You think Blizzard is going to provide servers for modded content? :roll_eyes:

No, I don’t think Blizz will, however I hope we have something along the lines of the PvPGN servers we have now.
That way if people want their mercs (and almost all the QoL/balance posted in this forum) and the ability to play with friends they can.

As a 100% classic( non expansion) player yes please give us a shared stash for classic i posted about this myself soon as i seen llamas video aswell

15 Likes

Thank you for all the support guys. Hopefully the developers will have sight of it and give the feedback some consideration.

13 Likes

110% agree this dont really make sense for classic player

let hope to have shared stash for classic plz

15 Likes

The tedious muling methods of old would be compounded by the even smaller stash size in classic, therefore, if a shared stash is justifiable in LoD, it should be in classic as well (or more).

However, the counter to this, and most likely reasoning for their choice is that keeping the classic stash size for purists naturally follows that having a bunch of large shared stash tabs reduces classic stash to a practically cosmetic thing.

I agree with their decision assuming the classic community really are purists about this. However, it does look like this assumption is wrong from the classic people I’ve spoke to, and the conversation here. Now that they have feedback, I hope they give us shared stash in classic now :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Really hope the Devs see this

8 Likes

Likewise buddy, we can only hope!

3 Likes

Hmm, seeing this thread, and knowing I made a thread similar, the overwhelming amount of support on this topic, and the discussions I’ve had with numerous other D2Classic players accross several platforms/forums, makes me have hope the Dev team will eventually see these concerns…

I sincerely hope that D2Classic players aren’t ignored, as we do accept that we are a small part of the player base, I still hope they see us as an important part of this game!

Here’s hoping our concerns are forwarded to the team!

10 Likes

Hopefully they give you guys the Shared+expanded stash. I enjoy playing classic from time to time, but that original stash size is terrible.

9 Likes