Cheating on consoles ruining seasonal play

Oh, I’m sure there’s cheaters in HC too :frowning:

This marks 3 seasons HC for me and no deaths yet. Very happy with my efforts. I procced awareness last night on my 122 and 123 clears, and this morning again, on my 124 clear, but kept my head cool and kited mobs and played it safe until awareness concluded.

I really want Blizzard to make online saves - I am bloody well positive that many of the so called “top” HC players on consoles have died and just revived their character from a backup save. It’s not fair to legit players who’ve played well and avoided death by good skills, tactics and common sense on when to back off and quit.

3 Likes

Oh aye there are cheaters (the #1 in about 5 classes is the same guy) but they just get Primals…there is not the Save Wizard cheaters using the resigning of the save trick to get solo entries when in group play.

I can deal with save scummers and reforge guys…but Save Wizard cannot and they don’t seem active on HC.

Not many people play it. If more people did, I would prefer it. SC has more competition.

I did a mini season on HC. I played about two and half weeks and got a 124 clear on GoD. I would have liked more augs, but only had 7 ancients. Still made it into the top 10 on HC solo DH board on xbox.

That’s really lame. Good thing we don’t have that on xbox. Just reforgers who go full primal.

“Never go full primal” I hope you get the tropic thunder ref.

Plenty of people play HC. Not very many of them can play at a high level of game play. Although it may seem this means less compitition; The number of competitors should not matter, the quality should. There are a handfull of skilled players on HC.

Handful being the keyword. I pretty much played solo for that mini season and that gets boring fast to me. If more people played it I think I would enjoy it more.

Yet.

To each their own. HC is more difficult imho. Patience and intelligence are big things with HC. With SC you can go all out gungho without a care in the world…

Nice! At what paragon may I ask? I did a 124 a few hours before season was meant to end (PS4 though) for rank 19. Fully augmented @ 110 (except for one piece at rank 99), trapped @ 124, gogok @ 113 and powerful @ 108 and p1233. And with s6 impale which is far weaker than god build by an magnitude of 15 GRs. If only Blizzard could balance this game…

Exactly.

I was P1218 before it ended. I prefer playing with people. Having people to talk to helps if playing solo tho. my augs were 100. Simplicity & taeguk were 116. Stricken 113.

1 Like

A 124 is a great effort, congrats on the rank!

1 Like

Ty same to you. Hopefully impale will get a little love.

1 Like

Hopefully. But, I also want UE MS and m6 sentry and n6 to get love too. I wanna see all of the DH builds performing at the same level (1-2 GR difference I can live with, it’s “close enough”).

I take pride that I was the highest rank s6 impale player on the LBs (just - rank 20 had an awesome 124 clear too and with only 3 or 4 augments).

I also wish Blizzard would let us see paragon on the console LBs - there’s no sane reason other than bad and/or sloppy program to not let it happen.

1 Like

Yeah, that would be nice. I got really good floors for my 124, but mobs were not that good until third floor and I was like 97% done at that point. I really didn’t have to fish a whole lot to push. The season theme and the mobility of the GoD set is really nice and easy to push with.

1 Like

I got my 121/122/123/124 on my first attempts. I had bad mobs/elites on the 121/122, bad elites on the 123 (arcane + horde; arcane + shielding + juggernaut for my very first elite on the GR lol) and on the 124 (more arcane + horde). Several illusionists with the arcane affix too. Lucky I’m getting much better at dealing with arcane mobs. Experience matters a lot in this game imho. Floors were average (a lot of bone sewers and I hate that map with a passion). Season theme definitely helped me in all of the clears, not a lot, but enough. I did my GR123 with 3 mins to spare, so knew I had it in me to do a 124 and getting NG wasn’t an issue, even on the 124. I suspect a 125 would have been the cusp of what I could do with my gear/paragon.

If I had p2700 or more like most players, I’d have done a 126/127 I reckon.

I tried the god build, I just can’t get it to work - very very fragile (there’s no way in hell I’d play HC with it!) and I just can’t get it to do the dmg that everyone else seems to be able to do. I must be doing something wrong or missing something, or both, but I hate strafe anyway, so not really inclined to try more with the build.

s22 will be journey only and then onto other games/things in my life. I’m not gonna waste more time on trying to rank on LBs when the predominant build is so much more powerful than my preferred build. Players should rank on skill (and obviously some experience and RNG luck of course) on equal footing independent of build played.

1 Like

I found it quite tanky and able to avoid affixes, etc. I only had 13.6k main stat with that clear and I think 110% AD. Next season will be interesting, but I definitely playing rats and Sader RGK so softcore. We’ll see what else I will play. Maybe at the back end of the season I will start HC.

I did do a HC season back in the Royal Ring season and had several people with me for the start. I must have power leveled 50 characters. They just kept dying… You know some people can drink and play and some can’t. :joy:

I made a speed xp meta for that season that only our group was running. It was 3 impales and a zbarb. It was actually pretty good for speeds and safe. I made a unique zbarb that was using the asheara set because that set allowed for all 3 followers to be procced and 3 additional oculus rings could be spawned for a short time. Sady, that build was nerfed and the followers rings stopped working after that season. It was really easy to run 99’s at low paragon to get 100 augs in. We were way ahead in paragon compared to other players. It was something unique, fun and different. Of course, when we got spinners we ran for the hills.

If I was playing HC, triple support bonespear <3 in group. If I was only doing SSF, not sure what I would play. Probably Monk, DH, Necro or Sader. A combination of sorts.

Yeah, I power levelled a friend earlier on in s21 and she was on like her 5th or 6th HC character and kept dying. I gave her some basic tips to help.

That’s just it, I know on paper it’s just as tanky as impale, but not for me. Even on very low level 99s I’m dying several times. I’m not a fan of having to activate shadow power and smoke screen every few seconds. It’s just button mashing to me and I refuse to play builds like it. It’s not what I consider “fun”. I suspect that’s why I’m finding the build very fragile.

I haven’t looked at the new necro build - homer said it’s quite powerful and I’ve seen Wudijo talking about it, but necro is my least favourite class by a country mile.

In the end, I’m just not willing to put more time into this game for LBs etc. I have plenty of games on my PS4 that I either need to finish (alien isolation, the witness, thief, call of cthulhu, the witcher 3 [2nd expansion], the wolf among us, etc) or even start.

I’m also planning to become more active with astrophotography too (I’ve spent enough damn money on the hobby lol!!!), so that’s prolly gonna end up usurping my gaming with my spare time lol (Celestron C9.25 for planetary imaging, SkyWatcher Esprit 80 for deep sky objects and a very nice Lunt 60mm with 12mm blocking filter for solar imaging - probably close to 12.5k AUD in the past 18 months!!!). That’s ignoring the thousands that I’ve spent on a myriad of eyepieces and several scopes for visual observing, and the 3k that I spent around a dozen years ago. It’s an expensive hobby and I need to pull the finger out and start using the gear that I’ve been lusting over for so long.

1 Like

Do and play what makes you happy.

2 Likes

Exactly. It’s taken me a long while to come to that conclusion.

2 Likes

Always same with dpastern, ranting all the time but still playing. The game is nearly 10 years old and didn’t cost anything to play all content except online team play.

1 Like

Criticising where criticism is due thank you. Yes, I’m still playing, but noticeably less.

It’s always the same with you - making personal attacks.