Cheating on consoles ruining seasonal play

The closest I’ve gotten was a primal unity and a primal vengful wind in one season.

I will say that even legit players are more likely to have key items primal as well because those items are the ones you stand to gain the most out of if you reforge. Having key items primal isn’t exactly a sign of cheating. Having all of the key items would be…

With perfect rolls…

They will or can fix this. by allowing normal use items to be used in non-magic zones. anti-primal zones. more suited for a real RPG element game. I hope they will take consideration to the younger minds in creative outlet then just potential of powers and damage to flick thru crowds and push past all the enemies. like a true RPG they started RPGs with.

lol. A year later…

Wow, this topic really got necro’d? Still an ongoing issue, so I will condone it.

CastaNova casts Revive, summoning a long dead topic/thread back to the mortal realm.

1 Like

Who cares. If you need to show boat play it on the pc. I like the fact that you can cheat on consoles. If you don’t want to play it legit or make the game check for altered gear and take them off the boards.

and many of us don’t like it…it is not in the spirit of the game or competition I might add.

1 Like

While I’ve said this on the old forums, some of us grew up with cheat devices… GameShark, Game Genie, codebreaker etc. While I never used any cheat device that affects multiplayer games, I have used cheat devices/codes for single games…

Using cheats/exploits that can affect the games of other people, like D3’s leaderboards or groups etc… no that is wrong.

and that is what this thread is about (“ruining seasonal play”).

Don’t forget the ol’ cheat “ HEY YOUR LOOKING AT MY SCREEN!

1 Like

nice homage remark regarding blizzard for the sense of ethics or code of authentic play. I do agree at times people need there creative zones besides cheating. so maybe suggest editors of game explorations instead of cheating.

That is your opinion though and not other peoples opinion.

You may feel there is no merit in playing D3 competitively and that leaderboard entries are futile but others do not feel that way.

Others play D3 on PC and Console to compete, they enjoy playing a season for 3 months and invest their hobby time to do so and try and attain a leaderboard spot near the top.

Cheating takes that away from them.

Whether you see leaderboard entries are pointless is utterly irrelevant to the conversation that those who do compete, who do play for 3 months, who do value playing competitively, are denied that by cheating.

This topic is exactly for those people. Your opinion is fine and others feel the same but has no bearing whatsoever on the effect of cheating in an online game because opinions like yours show you don’t care about the online competitive part of the game where the point cheating ruins it for you…which is fine.

PC and Console has rampant cheating in Seasons…botting on PC and Primal scumming on Console along with hacked gear on Switch.

3 Likes

It’s an issue affecting a lot of games in different ways. Games with different features sets, some including PvP, different tiers of PvE… and some with such a substantial player bases where digital assets can have value in the real world.

Rhykker’s recent coverage of the WoW bot ban hammer covers what developers have to contend with on the botting side very well (never was attracted to or played WoW).

It’s complicated too because there are different reasons people will short cut some or all components of games with different features. E.g. PvP and/or different tiers of PvE.

I feel for those interested in the PvE based leaderboards in D3. I’m not playing this game with that focus which I explained in my first post here, but since the developers made the feature an integral part of the game, they should be giving some more support to all those who are enjoying it.

Finding the right solution can be tricky. One that doesnt just get circumvented a month or three later.

If they took leaderboard achievements away from any play/saves conducted offline I would be ok with that. I play offline when traveling by taking the box with me but that’s ok.

Seems like a reasonable compromise between the two features which are essentially at odds with each other - leaderboards v offline play mode. Both of which have their merits, but dont mix well.

The software guy in me wonders if an alternative could be to make usage of offline play optional and associated save counts transparent in any leaderboard achievements. Players can then compare on a like for like basis.

Imagine complaining about a game that you don’t really play and belittle people who actually play. You are salty because you cannot be as good as them. No need for name calling just go play something else.

1 Like

I like salt…
It makes the taste of victory that much better!

3 Likes

I play mostly solo. I might play with a couple people I know.

You still hanging around? Beth says hi.

Tell her hi. I still play HC.

2 Likes

HC is where it’s at these days! It’s all homer’s fault lol.

1 Like

Yeah I’m doing HC this season…avoids the cheaters in SC.