Cheating on consoles ruining seasonal play

I can’t tell if it was the abysmal season 21 length or the lack of solid legendary/set fixes or “balances” I’m not so pumped for S22. I mean I’m going to play it no doubt we’ll see if I can get sucked in again :man_shrugging:t2:

Pretty much the same. The problem is that every season there’s a power creep to “balance” rather than actual balancing. But this has been going on for years.

Back when RoS originally came out, T6 was as high as you could go, and getting to GR45 was an amazing feat. Now almost every torment level outside of 1, 6, 10, and 16 are all pointless.

They stated that they wanted to make seasons unique and spice things up, but every season just seems to follow the pattern of “It’s exactly like the last season, but with an even more powerful seasonal buff to kill stuff”. Why not a season with perhaps a negative buff, or a solo self found season? Yes, it would drive some players away, but at this point, a week into the season, the game is empty anyway.

Hero biscuits for big winners on D3! Bunch of lamer self abusers who think an antiqued game matters. Blizzard forced online play and it looks good on them that they get hacked etc. The RNG is useless and it take years to get good gear if you don’t play online. This is why D2 is still popular with many. I can see what build I like without grinding eons for no point. Make the game more open and allow single players to cheat if they’re offline instead of locking into this eternal grind fest forcing you to play with other people.

1 Like

Plugy Mod with PD2 is great. I farm for gear/runes for chars I want to make and play minimally. Maybe 2 hours a night. Training for a new career takes more of my time up and I am enjoying it better than D3. I like the versatility with it and can make what ever build I want. We’ll see what happens with remastered d2, but for now I’ll stick with PD2 and plugy.

If that’s what people want it sounds reasonable to me. Online leaderboards are just another option of many for people to focus on. I haven’t played for leaderboards in d3, but if people do, or people want to speed the game up in an offline mode with hacks and enjoy it that way, why not. Good luck to them.

I think the fundamental issue is game developers have been trying (poorly) to pander to both legit players and players who dont want to do the progression curve that goes with RPGs in general. I think there’s better ways to accommodate both interests.

Similar to your suggestion, allow for modes of play where it doesnt interfere with others. Theres a number of options.

I’d build automation into the game and let people configure what their characters do when they’re not actively playing. Give everyone access to it and level the playing field.

I’d like to be able to push on day 1/2 but can’t cos hey, the group players get massive buffs that solo players cannot compete with, and on console, we have the save wizard cheating scum with p1000 once they get to clvl 70 and unlimited mats for reforging and gambling and upgrading rares…you just CANNOT compete. And save wizard is endemic at the top of the LBs - within 4 hours, a player had posted #1 time on the SC DH LBs and was all ancient other than rings, with perfect rolls, and even had a single primal item.

Come on Blizzard - pull the finger out and make online saves for the game for consoles.

Also, Blizzard did NOTHING in s22 against the cheats at the top of the LBs who were using modded gear. Bold as brass, and the monkeys are getting away with it…cos Blizzard doesn’t give 2 Fs.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was paying attention to that yesterday.

OK, someone beats me to 70. Fair enough, I don’t claim to be a D3 leveling master when it comes to the console. But then I checked, and that group was doing GR90s in sub 2 minutes when the highest clear on the PC at the time was a 5 minute, 4 man 67.

I understand the PC and console work differently, but usually it’s the console which takes a backseat when it comes to power. And even then, I’d figure at best a 10 GR difference, not 20+.

1 Like

it’s disgraceful. I mean, by the time I get to p1000 solo they’ll be p3000 or 3330 probably, with all primals, 150 augments and 150 lgems and ruining the solo LBs and screwing solo players over…

I’m probably going to just do guardian (only need to do gem ups, augment, reforge, 2 min TX rift and conquests - not bad for 24 hours of solo play where I was doing crap for like 6 hours and sleeping for 8…).

Having a truly horrid time with gear dropping, it’s the same old crappy legendary items dropping non stop. Last 2 seasons were bad, but this season is even worse with drops. Meamwhile, the save wizard cheating scum just do rare upgrades ad infinitum until they get the legendary item that they want (it’ll drop eventually) and then just reforge it ad infinitum to get an excellent rolled ancient or even primal.

If Blizzard even remotely valued “competition” they’d do something about this (online saves, and SSF LBs for solo players). I mean, doing a 2 min TX rift is dead easy in a 4 man group, but a LOT harder and a challenge solo. Yes, in both cases, you need to map hunt, but getting a good map solo isn’t a guarantee that you’ll actually complete the rift in under 2 mins - that takes skill.

Editing saves grants you that power sadly.

1 Like

Really!? Wow. That’s effed up dude.

1 Like

now you know why some players want online saves only…

so, I’m on a group on FB, and let’s just say multiple people are openly admitting to cheating with save wizard and even trying to vindicate it…pathetic. I complained to the group admin, no response…these players do NOT care that their cheating detracts from others performing in seasons. They simply do not care. They don’t want the “grind” to find gear, in a loot driven game…wow. Bold as brass.

I think that about sums up the issues…

2 Likes

Indeed. It goes much further and has been touched on in a number of places. The world we live in. Eyes wide open.

1 Like

Let’s just hope a combination of online saves, less RNG on each piece of loot and an overall better game than doesn’t just support no lifers ( I was one) in D4. Obv save wizard wont be a thing but if the same issues persist console players will just figure out how to bot or something.

The no lifers should have better gear but the same piece of gear should not have one being crap because of rolls and one being godly. One should be dope and the other even better w/ perfect rolls.

Funny I hated D2 players coming on here and saying yards yadda but man was loot done much better in that game RNG wise. Like if I get x unique the only difference could be eth/non eth or some other stats like better Ed. Not 5 completely different rolls with only mainstay being the same.

I can’t even bring myself to turn on the game, haven’t deleted it like BL3 but I just know what I’m getting into and especially with no season theme? Eh mabye season 24 will be cool.

It is nice to see FB getting love though

1 Like

Well, I posted a short video on Facebook, showcasing a person on the HC DH PS4 LBs who has 13 (yes, Thirteen!!!) primals. After 2 weeks. Obviously using save wizard with unlimited mats. General consense so far from the Facebook group has been one of laughter and acceptance and inference that I’m whining about things “let the modders have fun” cos it’s hey, an 8 year old game now. WTH? I can see that I will get banned from the FB group cos I’m causing trouble by openly criticising cheaters in the game. Not that I care.

The competitive LBs are now an utter joke on the PS4. I guess I can live with the primal reforge exploiting these days, as long as you’ve farmed the mats yourself. But save wizard just giving you unlimited mats to go to town with reforging is really BAD.

I reported it to Blizzard, but we all know that they won’t do anything, cos hey, “consoles”!!!.

Hey Blues, do you even read our threads? Or do you just skip the console section entirely? If you really cared about the game, you’d be talking to the community about these issues, and talking to the devs and management at Blizzard and helping to get these issues addressed.

2 Likes

Here’s One reply from an idiot:

“Not cheating, they are dashboards or they use save wizard.”

here’s a personal attack on me:

“Admin. Remove this poor guy from the group. Save him from himself”

here’s another comment:

“The games ancient … move on bro… let the modders have their fun”

here’s another comment:

“The tears taste good keep crying”

here’s another comment:

“Just buy save wizard? !”

Here’s another comment (and another personal attack):

“Lol have you been crying about the LB for 9 years now? Because that’s how long this has gone on for. That 9 year thing is also the reason nobody answers your emails, they probably laugh at them”

Oh wait, here’s another personal attack:

“He needs a hug or something. Maybe a kick in the nuts and remove him from the group”

my post has 3 likes and 5 people laughing at me. This is the current state of D3 - the cheaters are openly cheating with impunity - bold as brass as the saying goes. They don’t even see it as cheating. They want to play a loot game but not hunt for loot, and don’t care if their cheating screws legit players in a competitive LB scenario. Meanwhile, legit players, calling out the cheats, are lambasted, endure personal attacks etc. Not one positive comment posted by any users of the group to support what I have said, only negative attacks from obvious cheaters who are using save wizard. If the group admins had any guts, they’d ban any person openly admitting to use save wizard from the group. But nah, the admins are as useless as the proverbial.

Such a lovely group of people on Facebook aren’t they? I think I’ll just leave the group, it’s obviously not worth the angst.

1 Like

I’m surprised you stayed. FB group are notoriously gross. And usually an accumulation of people who want to cheat but we’re too stupid to figure out google themselves. So not only are they cheaters but completely retarted in their statements.

On a personal note retarted is now no longer a word in my IOS and it wants to correct it. Even though it lacks a real word with a definition other than dealing with a mental illness.

PPS I’m RETARDED for spelling retarted

1 Like

You guys are onto it. This is what Facebook has brought to society.

It’s always been there in society… we can just all see it now. We see it because they still think they are right and put it on display themselves. The likes and laughs clearly show the division within. Supportive likes present, but absence of comments shows the support’s there, but they too recognise when the rot has set in to a group.

People are steadily waking up to it, finding critical thinking serves them and those around them better than getting sucked into being a sociopath’s sycophant.

Education around sociopathy, narcism and bullying is just getting started. It will take some time… including in the place where you appear to have sewn some seeds. Probably is as you say, not much more you can do there actively as you’ve said your peace and the state of things has been shown for all to see.

Sitting back it seems there’s been an explosion of functionality into the hands of the planet’s population. Constructive moderation and development of healthy communities has been developing in other corners for decades. It will take time for the connectedness explosion to catch up.

Moderation on this forum seems to be run professionally. There’s a small proportion of Facebook groups in different topic areas with a moderation team that’s worked it out… the dedication it takes makes it rare, considering it’s voluntary in that setting.

1 Like

The PS4 FB groups are a nightmare, the only one I use is the XBox one as it is long standing and has good users but in general FB groups are just a nightmare.

1 Like

yeah, I’m finding this out now Nick. I’m rarely on FB…

So, someone on FB is trying to tell me that they went from clvl 58 to p900 in under 12 hours, solo, but haven’t went higher than a GR75 yet…and the only thing that they need for season journey is a GR75 for their 3rd conquest…

I mean, I guess it might be possible if you played 12 hours straight, but I highly doubt it. Once you get to around p600, a GR75 will be lucky to give you a single paragon every 2 runs…and it’ll get even less the higher paragon you go. Even now, doing a GR90 with my s6 impale DH is getting me 2 paragons per run @ p700. But doing the entirety of the season journey, and p900 in under 12 hours, nah, I’m gonna call it as BS. I’m far too experienced at this game to believe that crap.

FB is just toxic as an overall experience imho…I only really use it these days for my macrophotography and astrophotography hobbies.