Charms and grand charms

Shouldn’t these have their own spots on the characters equipment screen rather than clogging up the already limited inventory?

22 Likes

Yes. It’s being discussed here already: Charm Inventory - #479 by Valmunin-1234

Feel free to comment there and like the OP’s post if u agree.

7 Likes

No.

“The whole idea behind the design was space vs. power. That was the tradeoff”

17 Likes

Pretty sure this has been discussed to death.

No.

The intent of the game design is that you have to make trade offs. Charms vs convenient inventory space.

Dave Brevick addressed it recently on Twitter

Will they do something with charms, or a similar system for D4? Maybe? That is where you might expect to see a revised system if they do something similar.

18 Likes

They could nerf charms quite a bit, like a 75% reduction in their power and make skillers more rare, then increase total inventory. That’s a better solution than a dedicated charm inventory imo.

But the best solution is to keep it the way it is.

here a mad idear, they could just leave it alone

4 Likes

That may have been the intent, but later on, is it really much of a choice? For PvP you fill up your inventory and then for PvM most people just leave 2 full slots open or use a cube. Where is the power trade off they mentioned there? Just because I can’t pick more stuff up? That’s just more annoying than anything. I think it’s one of the reasons why I enjoy going to classic D2 every once in a while.

I do agree we’re more likely to see it in D4 though. The devs seems to be ignoring the large base that wants a charm inventory in D2R.

2 Likes

No, go play Pd2…

3 Likes

Go play current D2. See how that doesn’t really work as a response?

5 Likes

They are not ignoring it. They are making a conscious and very purposeful choice not to change the charm and inventory system. For now at least, nothing on that changes. Yes, a LOT of people would enjoy it, but they intend to keep game play the same.

IF they ever do change it for D2R, it would be down the road.

4 Likes

It’s just kind of mind boggling to be honest. They’re just modernizing the graphics pretty much then. I’ll still play and probably enjoy it for a few ladders, but if they don’t add more QoL, it’s going to get old fast. Especially cause they don’t plan to balance anything either. After playing PD2 and PoD, I don’t know how long I can go back for. Dang.

There’s just a lot of inconveniences that don’t really add much to the game. Non stackable runes/gems, no loot filter, no charm inventory and then it’s the same old builds without buffing any unused skills.

Just seemed they were more open to changes based on feedback from their intial interview, that combined with the survey that Blizzard sent out.

1 Like

Correct. That is exactly what they said they were going to do. We got a few changes, but not ones that fundamentally impact game play like the mods you mention.

We shall have to see. It certainly won’t be for release or any time soon after if they do it.

6 Likes

Works great, I think I will!

It’s not a good comparison. Current D2 barely runs with poor resolution/FPS, and that’s if you can get it to run. However, D3 works just fine.

and power ALWAYS win, so that sucks. they should limit the charms to 40% of the inventory. maybe add another row (10 slots)

6 Likes

It’s not a mad idea. It’s the best idea.

3 Likes

D3 is also a totally different game. So not a good comparison.

1 Like

That’s the intent, yes.

But a charm inventory is not QoL; it’s more player power. You don’t need more player power… hell is already farmable.

2 Likes

How is it more player power? You would only be able to use the charm inventory for charms. The fact that people are going to be able to fill their charm inventory instead of keeping 2 slots open or what? That’s not really game altering. It’s not about more power or making hell farming attainable, it’s about convenience in being able to pick up a few items instead of having to go to town repeatedly.

4 Likes

They are not clogging anything. It was designed like this on purpose so you have to decide if you want more stats from them and sacrifice space or sacrifice few stats for space.

3 Likes