Charms and grand charms

But what do most people do? They go for the power. This is basically a fake choice.

7 Likes

Well I dont see it as fake choice :slight_smile: its actualy very important choice at low-mid game.

4 Likes

Yes, low and mid game maybe, but most people spend more time in end game where it just becomes inconvenient. I wouldn’t mind a charm inventory being locked behind a certain level or quest though. They don’t really matter all that much until then anyways. (Unless you do low or mld pvp etc.)

3 Likes

You have to realize what will people do instead if there will be special charm inv and new free space? Do you know what I would do with that space? Fill it with full rejuv potions. and I will not have space again :slight_smile:

Then make it to where the charm inventory is used for potions and charms. What’s next? Lol. I mean it’s in PD2 and PoD and it’s not game breaking.

Anyways, it’s not even a huge deal until end game, but it’s just odd that the devs and other people are so against it.

2 Likes

You don’t need to fill your inventory, never did, people just do it to themselves, I just never saw this as anything else than a self inflicted issue. I do think some kind of improvement would be good, special spots for the 3 unique ones maybe, or limit current inventory to only allow 80% charms, or have charms have a score rating depending on quality and you can only store a certain point total… but a whole inventory for charms seems like a huge over correction for a self inflicted issue.

1 Like

Idk I just think its fine like this. I would only make cube bigger for found loot. If you tranfer charm to special charm inv, you can keep a lot of gear in classic inv for switching. Its not just space for dropped loot. People would start using it for fast switching between gear which will make game more easy.

2 Likes

But is that really doing much if you could just pop a tp and swap your gear also? Idk it just seems like there aren’t many good reasons not to have it. I’m glad newer games are implementing one when they have charms/idols.

Seems like the devs won’t add it anyways, so no worries.

1 Like

Thats the point, with special charm inv, you can swicth gear pretty much instantly to deal with certain situations or even switch gear in pvp. or for player killing. It opens up new possibilities to have more easy life.

Why not just make cube bigger? Lets say double the size.

Oh you mean make the cube bigger for more loot to be held. I missed that part. That would be a fair compromise.

1 Like

Yeah because its not that easy to manipulate with gear in cube as in inv and its great for just trashing items you found :smiley:

So you want to change D2 into a different game, but don’t want to play a game that already exists and is very similar to the game you want???

2 Likes

Remaster is already changing Diablo 2 into different game.

2 Likes

How is more space making D2 into a new game? :rofl::rofl: and D3 doesn’t even have charms. Stop talking nonsense.

3 Likes

Inventory management is a big part of the game, according to the devs. You may not like that aspect, which is why D3 is a better suited game for you.

3 Likes

Because inventory management really affects the difficulty of the game right? It’s just an inconvenience. Wanting a change doesn’t mean someone wants to play an entirely different game. That’s like saying wanting a shared stash to be implemented means people would like D3 better. Two totally different games with totally different gameplay.

So you’re telling me what I personally enjoy in games? I can do that myself. I agree they are two different games. Keep it that way.

1 Like

Who said that? You’re the one telling me I would enjoy Diablo 3 better. Please try to make sense.

1 Like

It sounds good and well in theory.
In practice, it doesn’t translate to actual gameplay and meaningful choices.

The only thing you’re trading off is, that you’re carrying the cube with you and you place what you find there. It translates to the person, who’s geared enough to have full inventory of skillers being able to pick up less loot.

And the purpose most likely is to not have to spend more resources on the implementation, as well as even more inventory space per account.

I wonder what would Brevik say on me hoping for more modern interface. I would really laugh if he says, that the old one was “purposeful” when he actually made MH with modern interface.

1 Like

You are trying to change Diablo 2 when it’s supposed to be a remaster. Do you see the issue with that. Every change you have proposed is present in D3 and will be in D4.