Changes to top 100 of solo barb era leaderboard

The second quote is in reference to Free/Rage’s table quoted verbatim from their website. It is not my calculation at all, but I did base my calculation on theirs that some members of the barb community felt was reasonable.

If you consider my calculation/numbers method garbage/cherry picked, then it applies to everyone who used the method. I will defend Free and Rage here because their method is imperfect and has caveats but it is a reasonable approximation. The punchline is undeniable, barbs as solo DPS are currently worse and need a buff.

My numbers and Prokahns numbers agree relative to season 12/patch 2.6.1 where barbs were reasonably well-balanced in relation to other classes. That balance went sideways in the next 2 major patches (2.6.4 and 2.6.5). To my knowledge, no one has said that Prokahn’s analysis was wrong about season 12.

This is interesting as I describe. It appears that you harbor a grudge that some misinformation by “burger” caused the developers to reduce whirlwind on skull grasp (500%-400%). I am not sure how you concluded that the developers used “burger’s” misinformation when they made their decision. This is clearly speculation.

Given the misinformation of “burger” and how DPS is calculated in game, I think you would agree that increasing whirlwind or base damage 6X (or about 10 greater rifts worth of extra DPS) would help that build. In relation to this recommendation, it was written:

If “burger” was wrong, then…

5 Likes

So why are you hiding your public profile then?

Can we see your time playing these classes.

1 Like

I am not hiding my player profile just my forum profile.

My career profile is at https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/MicroRNA-1507/career

I play all classes: the most is DH @ 34% and least necromancer @ 5%. Considering my total play time, I have a lot of hours in all classes.

Again, look at the merits of my posts and not some false assumption based on a misunderstanding of how the new forum works.

There is much merit to Dartok and Rashiel posts that your most recent post seems to ignore.

5 Likes

Compare and contrast…
http://ximg.co.uk/images/2019/08/24/d3_forums_hidden_profile.jpg
You’ve hidden the option to view your heroes / career (view profile).

The Americas barb solo leaderboard as of now:

#1 Nothing new
#2 Nothing new
#3 Nothing new
#4 Nothing new
#6 Nothing new
#7 Nothing new
#8 Nothing new
#10 Nothing new

2 Likes

No. You just need to follow the link that I gave or follow MissCheetah’s directions that I quoted. I really don’t want people to know how many posts I have viewed.

Here is your following the above directions

~https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Meteorblade-2266/career~

Do you mean seasons or era?

For the new season, the current #1 barbs is using Mortick’s and Flavor of Time. #2 Morticks, etc… Of course, these players are low paragon as the season is less than 24 hours old.

For era 2019-1, you may want to double check clears post August 18. Morticks looks like Strongarm bracers. See player #5, #9, #12, #13, #14, and #15.
Data current as of 3:15m EDT August 24.

5 Likes

I know how to view another player’s career pages.

What I’m getting at is that when you click on another poster’s name in the forums, you’re usually given two blue buttons…

View Activity
Clicking this takes you to their forum activity page, i.e. posts they’ve made, threads they’ve read, likes given and received and so on.

View Profile
Clicking this takes you to the player’s hero pages for the region corresponding to the forum region they’re posting in.

When I click on your name the button’s there to see your forum activity but there’s no button to be taken to your heroes / career pages. As you’ve mentioned, it’s incredibly easy for people to work around that so I have no idea which option you enabled to suppress that button being unavailable.

It is not actually his fault. He did not try to hide his character profile. When you go to the Forum settings and opt to hide your forum activity/profile, it disables both buttons. That is how the forum works. Users don’t get an option to disable the forum activity link on it’s own.

It really is a forum software issue.

3 Likes

OK, my data is not good, let’s be on the same page and use your data in the OP then.

#1 Nothing new
#2 Nothing new
#3 Nothing new
#4 Nothing new
#6 Nothing new
#7 Nothing new
#9 Nothing new
#10 Nothing new
#13 Nothing new
#14 Nothing new
#15 Nothing new
#16 Nothing new
#17 Nothing new
#18 Nothing new
#19 Nothing new
#20 Nothing new
#21 Nothing new
#22 Nothing new
#23 Nothing new
#24 Nothing new
#25 Nothing new
#26 Nothing new
#27 Nothing new
#29 Nothing new
#30 Nothing new
#31 Nothing new
#32 Nothing new
#33 Nothing new
#34 Nothing new
#35 Nothing new
#36 Nothing new
#37 Nothing new
#38 Nothing new
#39 Nothing new
#40 Nothing new

4 Likes

I’m confused by your post. Mortick’s was introduced into the live game in patch 2.6.6 . It is new. Also, the revised flavor of time amulet with new orange text is new.

5 Likes

#5 - GR 126
#8 - GR 125
#11 - GR 124
#12 - GR 124
#28 - GR 121
#41 - GR 120
#45 - GR 120
#50 - GR 119
#59 - GR 118
#71 - GR 116
#73 - GR 116
#95 - GR 115

Clearing the same GR is something we should be excited about. At least, the barbs now got more choices to clear the same GR now.

For most of these players, they were able to set new personal bests over the last few days using the new items. I am happy for their achievement. As I noted in prior posts, this was a quick look at whether or not the new patch 2.6.6. items were being incorporated into top tier barb builds.

The addition of Mortick’s is clearly insufficient to bring barbs to solo DPS class parity. Barbs are underperforming as solo DPS and need a DPS buff. I and others have provided this data in detail about era 2019-1.

5 Likes

For most of these players with new items, their personal best was probably also due to a good RNG with a good map, mob type and density. I am happy for them as RNG was finally in their favor.

2 Likes

The argument against that is that 12 of 14 used new items. They could have just as easily kept their old build but they did not. Good/bad RNG would be there irrespective of build.

5 Likes

They just happened to be using a new item, and then got lucky with RNG, so they established with a personal best. They could have just as easily kept their old build, and then got lucky with RNG, and establish a new personal best as well.

4 Likes

and yet 85% of them did use new items: Morticks, Flavor of Time, and/ or Echoing Fury.

5 Likes

That still leaves 15% of them didn’t use the new items. With good RNG, many barbs can still establish their personal best with their old build, even if Morticks never happened (the other 2 items are not even barb specific)

1 Like

Who the hell cares if Barbarians are using Flavor of Time and gaining one whole GR level that may actually be due to their higher paragon?

What does this have to do with anything?

Are you just trying to spam the forums?

4 Likes

Here is some more information that I posted awhile ago about all 7 classes. You will notice that there is one class (barbs) in particular that have incorporated more new items to improve their personal bests for the top 15 solo era 2019-1 clears.

This data does not support DIONWON’s and your hypotheses.

5 Likes

Those barbs with new items most likely cleared within their previous GR potential. They probably just wearing it for a change of taste. But in the end, their GR potential would most likely have remained the same, since Morticks adds no substantial DPS. I don’t know about others, but I wouldn’t be happy if I just move around within GR95 +/- a few seconds.

From your data that you linked, it looks to me that instead of the barbs using more newer items, it’s rather the other classes are using less of the newer items, which could simply mean that their existing sets are probably good enough.

1 Like