Certain items should not be allowed to roll Primal

That is because you don’t have the Primal version of the said helm, so you don’t use it. It was rather a lame excuse saying that you are not going to invest another Caldesann into Primal helm when you know once you reached a certain point of paragon grinding, you will be swimming thru a lot of those spare Lv100+ legendary gems in your stash.

I just find whatever helm you have and Primal helm I have. It is easier to make a comparison if both items is the same piece ala, GoD Helm.

I think you are confused how loot drops work OP.

Yes, which is exactly the helm I have a high rolled one equipped. I have more than one Dh.

Bovine Bardiche should not be Primal nor should Puzzle Ring. In fact, Moo Stick should not even be ancient either though I suppose any legendary has that potential, for ease.

If they added a new Primal Vault or a Primal Mooopolis, then sure, primal that all up. At least then it would be worthwhile.

Often I find an ancient item that should be an upgrade over my non ancient one. But it wasn’t.
Simply because my non ancient had the stats I need, the ancient one lacked too much to fix.

So yes, I often pick a non ancient one over an ancient.

Got a primal item, still use the ancient one. Why? The primal one rolled crap stats. Crap stats with optimal values is still crap…

Also, some ancients I found are near perfect. A few even perfect. If I find a primal version, I’d only use it because of the red looking cool. It wouldn’t bring me an upgrade… lol…

But by far most ancients and primals I find are just garbage…

Would be nice to have a way to keep improving items until perfection. At least primals should allow more rerolls. Reforging legendary should keep item tier (normal, ancient, primal).

Because of the phys res

Clearly you didn’t see the original primals. Leoric’s Helm for example had potential to roll 1350 main stat, up to 10% crit chance and so on.

They had higher max stat potential and weren’t perfect rolls like they are now, but because players didn’t want to farm new BiS items, devs nerfed them to what we know now.

It was a definitive difference of items and made them worth something, even if they weren’t great. Much like the ethereal items are now.

Clearly you never read the PTR patchnotes I linked, in which primals where introduced. They where intended to be max rolled ancients from the get go as far as we players are concerned. I do know they where at one point considered to be on a tier above, but that was scrapped before it hit the PTR.

On live they have always been like they are now, so I really have no idea where you supposedly saw that Leoric’s Helm.

So given the option is to trust the patchnotes from 2017 or your memory, I’m going with the patch notes.

just post the url?

If I knew how to link pictures on here I’d show you a screenshot of a monk fist from PTR as proof

http s://ibb.co/QKyFMqR

Primals were originally 30% stronger than ancients are, but players felt it was unnecessary

1 Like

So very early PTR then, or even before that, as the patch notes clearly state nothing of the like.

What, you never used a primal Cluckeye??

:bow_and_arrow:

1 Like

OK, didn’t saw that one. But even so, your claim hold very little weigh when your same DH are using 3 Primals over 3 Non-Primal for a reason.

The chance of getting a near-perfectly rolled Ancient is roughly the same chances of getting an ok-ish primal imo.

Of course everybody wants a perfect Primal but a handful of main stat or vitality more or less isn’t game breaking. If you’re running speed (or just fast) GRs you wont notice the difference and if you wanna set a new personal best you’re dependant on mobs, maps and pylons.

1 Like

I’ve had 3 or 4 primal Shadow chests drop, and they were all inferior to the ancient my DH - Thwang - is currently wearing. Pretty much anything other than a primal with exactly the same affixes isn’t worth it due to the secondaries on the ancient.

1 Like

alternatively, a severely diminished chance to for certain items to be Primal would do as well, while others have a much, much higher chance to roll as primal.

Primals should be allowed to roll every slot, just make it an exponential increase so if you do want to roll every single line possible to get it absolutely perfect, you can, it just costs an arm and a leg and a month of your life to finance it.

1 Like

Yes, because that’s the best I’ve have happened to get. Once again, I never stated that I wouldn’t use the clear best item, I said that a primal is not a guaranteed use over an ancient.

You have a hard time grasping that premise huh?

1 Like