Certain items should not be allowed to roll Primal

The only time primal is no guaranteed use over an ancient is you got terrible primal with wrong affxies. Primal with the same affixes > Ancient with the same affixes. This is the premise that I am arguing here.

Plus, how often do you see something like your GoD helm for your other gear slot? Clearly, it is not something very often considering that you have to use Primal to fill the slots.

Often enough to not be “never” which still is your argument.

If someone wants to be a contrarian, no amount argument or logical approach will get thru them either.

I gave you proof of an ancient with the same stat allocation as a primal, yet you still argue that it never happens. Who exactly is the “contrarian” here?

Proof of how Primal Helm is still better than your Almost Perfect Ancient? Tell me, do you even have Primal GoD Helm that has the same stat and affixes as your current GoD Helm?

I am pretty sure most of the players will switch your Helm to Primal Helm at no time if they have one. Only you insist that you won’t with using the lame excuse like it doesn’t have caldesann despair when it only takes a few seconds to augment another legendary gem to the Primal Helm. :sunglasses:

Right, a minimum of 20 grifts is “a few seconds” in what fantasy land?

as I mentioned earlier that primal helm was clearly worse. I have my own example that I will try and upload. I have a primal Inna helm and its not really better than my current one because its missing 200 Phys res which is a big deal. http s://ib b.c o/s 9y0VBT Sorry about the split link

Average run for 90s 1.5 mins
average run for 110s 2-3 mins.

At worst you’re looking at an hour. At worst.

Oh please, for your current paragon level which required you to went thru numerous GR run, you don’t have spare Lv100 gems? Doubt so.

Even if you don’t have, I am sure you will get one eventually if you keep grinding your paragon level.

My stash:

Actually on season I haven’t even leveled the gems I plan to use yet.

Sure, if you play long enough you will have gems to spare, but I don’t have it, and I’m sure there are quite a lot of others that also don’t have it.

How can you stand that disorder though?

That’s not accurate math though. “at worst” by your number there would be an hour exactly in just pure rifting, that does not count the time to level the gems, empty inventory and spend shards. (It also assumes you have the funds to empower them all, which is also not always the case)

So “at worst” is 70 mins at least, which is a hell of a lot longer than “a few seconds”.

1 Like

At the point in your gearing where you’re looking to replace ancients that have Cadesann’s Despair on them with primals, you probably have plenty of spare gems already sitting in your stash, just ready for such an eventuality. So, yes, applying the Caldesann’s to your shiny new primal should be only a few seconds.

[ EDIT ]

Seasonal Stash…
https://i.imgur.com/WjEF0SH.jpg

Non-Seasonal Stash…
https://i.imgur.com/tOMANpB.jpg

1 Like

Who said anything about going after primals specifically? Have at least one friend that got their first useful primal at sub paragon 200. I had my first caldesanns at what, 400?

I’m not talking statistical probabilities, I’m talking if it’s possible since the dude claims it’s not.

I don’t have OCD.

:point_down:

:point_up:

Yes, I agreed with you, even a broken clock is right twice a day, what’s your point?

Another kilometer long thread…

Primals should have the same drop chance as ethereals and they could change 2 affix instead of 1, with these changes even garbage primals will become good primals.

I’m sorry it takes you that long, I was being overly generous.

Boon of Hoarder + Goldwrap = T16 Farm

I always run empowered. Always. I’m down to 10 BILLION and low on cube mats from reforges so I’m taking a break from grifts and rifting up some new keys and running bounties.

When you hit town, and you’re in the ‘farming up 100’s to augment’ stage, your argument is laughably exaggerated. I don’t empty afterwards, I only salvage yellows/blues, I only ID every 2nd or 3rd run (gr 90s drop 12 legs, i only save those in personal inventory) Every 4th run I have to shard, ID all legs, salvage all legs (except maybe 1 or 2, very very rarely) all done with little to no thought or time required.

I’ll happily run a challenge with you, head to head, pick your gem at 0 and we’ll race to 100. See how long it takes.

I stand by the hour timeframe with ease for anyone that’s at the farming 90s-110’s for gems stage.

If you pipe back with blah blah blah newly geared/suboptimal gear… blahblahblah…

THAT’S A PINEAPPLE

We’re talking about oranges here.

And that’s relevant why?

Yeah, identifying every 2 rifts (3 is chancing you not being able to pick everything up, losing time), that’s at least 30 seconds every other rift. So that alone adds 5 mins. Buying 60-80 items from Kadala and salvaging/put in stash is 1 min or so every 4 rifts, so another 5 there. 5 seconds per rift to upgrade gems is another 2 mins.

You are clearly underestimating the time things in the town takes.

You might, but don’t you tell me what I’m talking about.

You’re the one raising the money question, it’s relevant in proving just how absurd that claim of a ‘hurdle’ is when anyone in the game can effortlessly amass billions of gold WITHOUT RISK (HC players excluded, ya crazy psychos)

I buy only rings and put puzzles in stash (stopped that since i got xmogs done) now it’s just belts, still trying for that better Hunter’s Wrath. Does not take long to spam click and salvage an entire inventory.

So you want to race then? Happy to do it.

Just saying, all i’ve been doing the past few sessions was speeding gems to 100 and I also have this crazy ability to look at a clock too. So when I sit down to play at 9pm, and get up at 943pm to go get a drink after finishing off a brand new gem to 100 from 0… i tend to think my sense of time is doing just fine

Again, you are not the benchmark.

And once again, irrelevant. You gave the time 3 mins per rift as a worst case scenario, that is what I base the argument on, not what “YOU” can do since that’s utterly beside the point.

I already know I can beat you, so what’s the point? And I’m not the benchmark either.