Cant open due to error: F5DEACA7-0F7B-4C11-B702-E85B6B5E8063

I made a thread over in the D2R Beta Tech Support forum. Hopefully they check it either here or there.

DF55958A-0BC4-4FF0-A9F9-168021B134AB

That is my error code. They are unique for each person usually and when reported to Blizz lets Blizz look at their logs and find your crash specifically.

1 Like

same. game crashes when started.

Are you guys on Windows 7? because itā€™s not supported, it wonā€™t run on Windows 7.

D2R requires Windows 10 64bit to run.

Also having the same problem. Uninstalled the game in the battle dot net app then reinstalled. Same problem. Tried launching as admin from the program folder on the .exe still get the same error. Game wonā€™t launch at all. On Windows 7. Have to update my OS to play a 20 year old game? lol. >_> People on 10 seem to be having the same problem, though. System runs Diablo 3 just fine, but Resurrected seems to have higher requirements than 3.

2 Likes

I noticed I have a different code for each crash. So I think they are case IDs.

2 Likes

Yes, it does have higher requirements. I meet those though and it still crashes on start. I played Alpha with no issues on this PC.

2 Likes

Same here. When I hit play on bnet a window pops up saying application encountered an unexpected error.
D96E13C1-4A7C-4061-BBA5-F529096E7355

I didnā€™t try to get into cinematics yesterday. Didnā€™t even realize that was a thing! I tried running games.exe as administrator (someone said that could fix it) and still got the error.

I think the issue might have to be with the game being an x86 and not x64? Im not super tech savvy, but i thought it was supposed to be x64

Are there those who launched the game on Windows 7? Itā€™s just that to be honest, I didnā€™t look at the system requirements at all, I didnā€™t even see that 7 is not supported, well, why should I update?

Awww i heard the sound of the splash screen then crash

weā€™re all in this together! a let down, but itā€™s the way she goes.

No. Many of us who get the crash are on Win10 fully updated. I could run the Alpha as well with no issues.

SOME people are not on Win10 though - so that solves it for some of them.

i have window 10 and the game crashes either way

Same, windows 10 and just updated all my drivers. Still crashes regardless

No information??? Blizzard should say whatā€™s up!!!

1 Like

found the crash logs and idk how to decipher them, one error i see is ā€œ<Exception. Summary:>
ACCESS_VIOLATIONā€ā€¦not sure if that has anything to do with it or not

Anyone running windows 10 insider preview?

I noticed in my subscriptions that D2Rez isnā€™t active. I purchased Prince of Evil in April. It shows in my purchase history

Thought it might help running as admin but unf no luck