Can everyone at least agree that the characters really need some work?

NOT everyone wants a model, we just want a woman at her prime like you know te OG D2, not a 60 years old chain smoker dude in dress.

17 Likes

I would take your edits over what they have currently any day of the year.

7 Likes

i find it cute how you make statements all the time since you came on these forums how a “Large amount of people” would constantly think like you

Amazon: 3
Paladin: 3
Sorceress: 3 or 5
Assassin: Not Sure. Maybe 5?
Necromancer: 3 or 4
Druid: 3
Barbarian: 1/B looks more natural, but he needs a bit more work to look more bigger/shredded like the original.

2 Likes

I find it cute how you think that my argument doesn’t have any weight to it when the #1 top post on these forums with 20.7k views and 215 replies is “Why is the Amazon so ungodly ugly?” and the #5 top post is “Amazon face D2 Resurrected” talking about how they must be working on it still. There are also several posts others have made about the character design, the faces of other classes, and what changes they would like to see. So yes, I do think that a large amount of people think the same thing I do and would like changes because of how many people have been talking about it.

Still, I am glad you think it’s cute and you couldn’t address anything else I said but a generalization I made based on evidence of how popular this topic was. I would have hoped you would address other things like your hypocrisy when it comes to complaining but I guess you really have nothing better to say in defense of yourself.

7 Likes

nah i made that comment based on what you post here since you joined, not talking about the amazon´s face (wich need some change)

Always talking like you are the majority :slight_smile:

I say “a lot of people” or “many players” or things like that because I actually see a lot of players (sometimes about half or more in forum posts) saying the same thing or displaying similar interest. I see streamers, reddit posts, forum posts, prominent and active players posts, all showing interest in the same things as I do.

If I have ever said “all players” or any other major generalization I could be wrong. However, if I have said “most” it may be because there was an inference that there really are most. Perhaps it’s not really most and I am seeing only certain sides of the forums but I do actually have reason to believe I am not wrong. I have evidence that supports what I say and very rarely will I say anything that is totally 100% wrong. In any post that I have ever made a generalization it is probably for good reasons based on an educated guess through observing and participating and I do not believe any of them have actually been incorrect.

3 Likes

I will agree that the Amazon needs her facial features softened a bit. Right now she looks like a clean shaven guy in his late 20s or 30s. EDIT: I spent about 20 minutes in Photoshop and took 10 years off her face plus made her look like a woman. I did not doll her up and make her look like a Barbie doll. I just softened her facial features a bit. Please fix this. I will be looking at the Amazon a lot as she is my go-to character class in D2.

I think the Barb looks good. EDIT: I have noticed that he seems to be short in stature in game. Some of the NPC seem taller than him including the women. I would think that a big, bad Barbarian should at least be BIG. I would recommend increasing his size by a couple percentage points.

I like the looks of the Sorcerous.

I like the looks of the Necro. Anyone who plays around with the dead all the time should look old and haggard.

I am fine with the Assassin having an Asian look as the class is based on the Ninja style of fighting. EDIT: After taking a better look she is another one that looks more like a young man than a woman.

I like the Paladin except that his face could be a bit thinner, IMO.

1 Like

No thanks, you’re literally turning every char looking like some sort of NA celeb. And what’s up with the assassin? 2 asian faces and then she turn white for the rest?

A quick test with Rugby player Thierry Dusautoir

12 Likes

I was worried about this stuff too until I started watching streams from the alpha an realize that no matter the character appearance it will be ruined by ugly hd green caps very soon.

God I wish I could turn helm off just to not look at the HD caps.

1 Like

Closer in looks base on the OG Paladin renders than the resurrected ones.

1 Like

OG assassin is pale white. I am fine with Asian face, but can she not looks like crossplay diet Kim Joo Ung?

5 Likes

I hope they fix Paladin look in the next phase,also assassin needs a bit rework too.

5 Likes

I really hope so, too. The third paladin picture is really good but he looks a little Kenish. Maybe the combination of 2 and 3?

2 Likes

Or choose between 3 or 4, looks better If you see how he looks in the original game hehe

2 Likes

Sorry, what I meant was between 3 and 4. The fourth paladin looks a little kenish. My bad…

1 Like

character running animation is so stiff and bad
also the character idle animation is amost gone
i think i will get refund because blizzard just dont give a crap about feedback already any fix on the character style and apparence ,
the only think is matter for them is streamer and quick sell
blizzard become so greedy this game is only to plz the casual and make a quick cash grab :frowning:

2 Likes

Refund if you want.

I can’t wait to play, it looks amazing.

agree the world monster look amazing

sadly not the running animation character look stiff and bad just look the leg running this is so stiff and bad ,hero really dont have the same style with these movement animation

also all the idle animation are most gone :frowning: hero lost 50% of the charisma

enjoy it casual

3 Likes