Can everyone at least agree that the characters really need some work?

The horse you have found was beaten by Mephisto, then Baal, then Diablo, and finally you.

I too only started using Blizzard forums after 15+ years because the character models are indeed in dire straits.

We’ll know in the beta. Cheers.

2 Likes

Tbh they all need a rework but zon, assassin and pally are the worst.

11 Likes

Lol =)

Tis simply a character age issue. They don’t look the same age they were in D2. The arguments, like the clashes of angels and demons, echo into eternity…

Exactly, all of the characters look like they retired from battle a long time ago.
Most of them should look like new aspiring heroes/warriors in their 20s or something (well necro probably older idk)

15 Likes

thats true, its pretty weird indeed. i have no idea what is going on in the board. Lots of thread closes and post deletions on real simple and polite questions, its pretty crazy.
Maybe we will find out at some point.

9 Likes

Reading the rules for the forums would do that.

Politics, hateful speech that is sexist/misogynistic/racist, etc. are not allowed. Same goes with insulting people.

Further, posting about forum moderation is also against the rules. That is why threads keep getting locked and removed. Your post now, and Kiadaw’s, both break the forum rules.

Code of Conduct :arrow_down:

Discussing Disciplinary Actions

This category includes:

• Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM)
  • Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Additional Forum Guidelines :arrow_down:

Do not post about moderated threads.

Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It’s up to you to read the forum Code of Conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules. If you have been subject to account action, you should receive an email detailing the suspension or ban to the Battle.net account associated with your forum posting account. Please refer to Customer Support for any inquiries regarding the status of your forum account.

2 Likes

People want to discuss the models and all the moderators do is censor, delete posts, threads and lock everything. This is not a behavior a company should have. Not to mention these forums can only be posted if you have purchased the game. They are censoring their own customers which is unacceptable.

You can quote all you want in your fancy green text, but the fact remains.

25 Likes

I mean, there is no point in asking that anyway. The point of the original thread was to tell developers our stance on it. They clearly heard it, and their answer was the closure of the topic and silencing of people that bring it up again.

There’s nothing to discuss further with them here, just take note of how this company treated you and other concerned people, and maybe think twice before purchasing their products in the future.

8 Likes

We noticed. Why do you need to create another one with 0 additional information?

When do you get the message?

There it is. Easy to find if you ever used a forum before. They are looking into it. Now calm down, take a cup of coffee and wait.

The Diablo 2 amazon was a low-pixel blob of red and blond low-frame-rate animations. It was everything you imagined it to be.
Do you maybe mean the Concept art? Or the Lore books?

Simple indeed.

Not highly contested? Are you dellusional?
Many people are sick and tired of the constant whine-posts on the subject.

Most people simply want to play the game not look at some fancy load-out screen.

Biggest wish of some players.
Do not speak for the majority. You are not. You are one person on the internet.

They still can. There are multiple big threads on the subject still open (i linked them in the last post by Hansepeter, or whoever decided to create the nth thread on it). If you cannot research forum threads, then maybe do not shout that there are none.

All these threads are still open and have discussions. The only rule that you should not break is that you keep things civil. Some people seem to struggle with that.

Where is that written? I never heard of such a law.

So do the rules. You agreed on it when signing up for the forum. You did not “buy” yourself into the forum. You also had to agree to the rules.

It’s free speech and being a decent human being that have at least some respect to let the people who gave money for your product have free speech.

Have you been around the forums lately? Because a lot of posts that do not involve any “sexist/misogynistic/racist” slurs get deleted and censored.

6 Likes

Free speech does not allow you to break the rules on a restricted plattform.
Nice try though.

1 Like

You don’t have free speech on a private platform in the US. They can set their rules and remove anyone who violates them. Just like people can set rules in their own homes.

Free speech means the GOVERNMENT can’t arrest you for what you say - usually political content. This was done because back in some countries talking about the King or leaders got you arrested and killed.

Private companies having rules and showing you the door is consequences. Stop breaking the rules you agreed to.

Google “XKCD Free Speech comic”. Private companies don’t have to put up with your nonsense, don’t have to host it, and can show you the door.

4 Likes

And if you read it, do not forget about the tooltip:

I can’t remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you’re saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it’s not literally illegal to express.

Yeah - I can’t post the link though because it breaks the language rules for the forum.

What rules did I break exactly, Miss Cheetah?

And don’t worry, I don’t want to participate in your little circlej**k here anyway. Blizzard are the ones losing in the end, not me or the other people who got censored.

6 Likes

I don’t think anybody is suggesting Blizzard is breaking the law. This is an ethics conversation.

1 Like

I think the simplest and most worldly recognized alternate option is to change nothing about the faces. Instead, add a transmog option for the headpiece of “brown bag.”

7 Likes

All of your other points I agree with mostly, but this one is a bit skewed eh?
The first thing you see when making an Amazon is the campfire circle and even in 2001 she was never as you described her.

6 Likes

This is also wrong or skewed, and a bit intellectually dishonest. It supposes that the individual or group citing free speech is not adding additional merit or content to their point regarding the subject at hand.

Conceding a point is also difficult when it’s obvious they’re actively defending it.

That’s one of the cleverest sayings I’ve read, as it’s designed to put the individual on the defensive instead of adding additional supporting arguments to their cause. A fine debate strategy, a terribly toxic presumption for civility.

You need to take the quote in the context of the comic it goes with. It is about people who go onto forums, blogs, websites, etc - break all the rules, the scream free speech when nobody wants them around anymore. No, it is not a rights violation to show someone the door.