Bonus group experience is the worst thing about D3. ruins the game

Nope. I mean the fact that bonus damage/damage reduction/healing from skills now apply to the whole group instead of only the character that used them.
It used to be that very few runes had this global effects, they since changed because those who run groups wanted more power.

I am one of those: I don’t care in the least I cannot run GR 150.
It’s actually those who play in groups that want the game to become harder for everybody just because they abuse these shared bonuses and find themselves getting more than 4 times the XP and loot of a solo player.

2 Likes

Its pretty common that u farm faster than a unorganized group/casual group with ppl in different paragon. There is no reason for me to play with unorganized groups at all if i wanna be efficient cause they slow and spend much time in town, doesnt kill fast enough. But yeah it depends on how efficient u are when u farm solo

So u want group play to be a zergfest with 4 dps? It adds tactic and synergy. Rather than just run down things. Which is more enjoyable, there is a reason most multiplayer games use these kind of mechanics. Different classes different jobs.

The game got easier so when did it get harder? They get more exp simply cause they clear higher content. Some players want games to have a challenge, thats not just group players who think that. Thats a opinion which anyone can have. And its a common approach.
Power in numbers thats a normal thing. Its like that irl aswell. They not getting more loot than solo players thats just a lie. Solo players can farm grift 90 its same droprate as gr 120.

1 Like

Diablo is not such a game. It is a hach’n’slash, not a mmorpg with roles.
Nobody felt the need for such distinctions in Diablo 2, no need for them in Diablo 3 either.

You have your vision obscured by your mindset and are not reading what’s written.

It’s not the solo players who are having a bad experience and want to ruin the game for groups: it’s the groups that have it so easy they don’t enjoy the game anymore.

4 Likes

Its a multiplayer game, online only. Didnt say mmorpg i said multiplayer and thats the common approach. Guess u the one who isnt reading

Rly its not the solo players who are having a bad experience and complain? Rly now? are u for real? This thread is about solo players want to remove the bonus exp in groups. I guess u rly arent reading. I see threads where solo players complain none stop that they cant compete with groups. I dont see group players complaining about they should nerf solo play. The game got easier and some ppl doesnt want it to be ez to reach 150 even blizzard thinks that. Nothing to do with group or solo players thats something ppl from both sides believe.

1 Like

It’s the common approach in MMORPG, multiplayer is not at all synonym with roles. Destiny or Warframe should be big enough examples

Yes. This thread may point at the problem but it does not catch its essence.
People are bombarded by Youtube videos of players that get everything so easily and so fast that they feel cheated.

Those who have a bad experience because of too much power, though, are those who play in group. In the end they find themselves playing a game so easy they don’t get satisfaction from beating it.

Solo players that point at the power groups have and ask for it to be removed usually do so without understanding that they have the better experience exactly because they don’t finish the seasonal journey within 2 hours of the beginning of the season, and get to experience e more balanced game.

1 Like

Didnt say all multiplayers. I said its a common approach and they decided to go with that here.

Ppl make youtube vids to show off. Dont say its not the solo players who got bad experience and point and blame group players. U just wrong. There are plenty of threads mainly by solo players complaining.

U assuming things. The threads i see is about solo players complaining about group has too much power. Yes ppl complain about necro being too strong but thats a complaint from both sides. Its not complains about too much power its complains about class balance. Again its opinion and some ppl want 150 to be a challange. U pointing fingers and assume group players think like that.

The complains are about that they cant keep up with the dedicated players even though they dont play as much or are as efficient. And blame it on various things while got no clue about whats goin on.
Aka casuals cant compete with more dedicated players. It works as intended.
Yes u can always balance things. But looking at the highest paragon players who play alot and try nerf them down to the casuals lvl is not the way to go.

1 Like

They done that because it’s easier to do that. As default group will be easier(considering that in the group eveybody has the ability to clear that level at sub 2-3 minutes). Speeds 80-100 if you have some folks who can’t do nothing the 2-3 dps route it’s faster, til gear them up to speed or z.

When everybody can play solo speeds sub 2-3. The same group can run as the same builds, even unorganized, the same gr with a variance of 1-5 more. That means it’s easier, because they already receive more xp could do higher level content also.

If you consider organized group this gap can reach around 10-20 easily. Several friends of mine could run gr 100-110 with me while they couldn’t do 80-90s. I play both group and solo. It’s easy to see what underperforms and the issue in the group, sometimes another dps solves, sometimes just need a z, either way most of these scenarios are about folks that can’t do the content in the party.

I have a bit more share of the time playing solo than group, they clear gr around 5-10 below me and level up faster spending almost the same time as me, sometimes even more when I take a day without a group.

When I play with then, most of the time I do the same time as my speeds while most of the time one of them are afk. Folks only can’t do speed if they don’t want to do speed, any gear who can clear solo speed will do fine in a group at same tier or around 1-3 gr above, some will need to split in pairs, some will need to go all together some will skip some mobs for the next one kill and so on. It’s not organized it’s just optimal. Like the meta which can increase the potential by 5-10 levels easily. The group buffs like 25-50% more damage from barb, around 1.5 times from dh, when you stack the damage become bizarre on group play that makes the game become easy. My issue about hp and damage was about that, they have more combinations to increase damage, survival and exploit weakness on monsters, why not make them less braindead and more challenging? We got those astronomical numbers and server side issues and most of the time folks don’t care or can’t see the numbers in the screen. The sever already breaks the int 32bit limit with LoD, if continues the same route the gr 150 will become a joke. That’s why I said to increase the hp and damage, while they could try out the solution they made to WoW, which was reduce those crazy numbers.

I play both modes, but by far group content it’s easier to do and more rewarding by far than solo. The only 3 things great about solo against group are: “increased blood shars cap”, “ability to pause the game”(best feature), “try out some weird combinations”. This new patch add the 4th feature, that means emanate system improving the usefulness of followers about nemesis, flavor and some grind stuff. It helped to close a bit the gap of power potential, but don’t solve the xp gap from groups. Maybe the group xp could be removed, maybe making harder to keep the group buff a reward for the challenge or just use other concept about it. Either way, it’s clear that are some imbalance in there, if a group can clear a gr 140 at 800-1500 gons and a single folk can’t do that solo means that content became easier enough to show the issue.

The devs considered gr 130 with 5000 gons. I done frenzy barb last season 129 with 2300. A pt done gr 150 at 1300 gons. I done a group 137 with the same barb with 1k less gons. It’s clear there is a issue in there that needs to be sorted out. Either their goal or be realistic that builds are broken and group content needs to be harder. The broken builds can be solved with leaderboards, gauging the set performance on top 1000. The group content also needs to be addressed in some way. At least to remove several group comps from gr 150 and not do speeds in there

1 Like

If ppl are about same paragon and got about same dmg. Then they speed about same GR when in team. I do 2 min runs with 5-10 sec in town before next run. Thats with salvage, kadala, repair etc. In most unorganized teams i have to w8 about 30 sec before each run and doing same GR or about same as i do solo. Thats when u got ppl around same paragon. In other words doing 5 GR higher with a unorganized team is about same as solo and isnt rly worth it for ppl who try to be efficient especially with the follower revamp.
Mobs alrdy get more HP when more ppl join. If u add more hp or toughness those unoptimal teams will fall behind solo. Its not the unoptimal groups which gets ahead of the solo players. Increasing the hp will make teams which arent organized slower than solo. 4 players means u gotta w8 for 4 ppl to upgrade gem, sell, repair, smoke etc. I dont play in unorganized groups unless im boosting irl friends pretty much since its not worth it for me.
When ppl think about group players who get ahead its about ratrunners, birdrunners. U earn more than solo simply cause u doing alot higher GR. Even if ppl are slow with selling etc it still be worth it.
Better teams stick to the 5-10 sec in town before next run but that u rarely ever see in unorganized teams with 4 DHs. I have never seen it atleast but again i dont like zerging so i barely play in those groups. I play solo and in groups, efficiency goes a long way. Im 1.3k and been farming solo so far except from boosting about 23 ppl, 18 which i did the first day of the season which only slowed me down. And still im higher than alot of group players. Sure there are ppl alot higher but again alot of ppl played more and played in optimal groups.

nice wall of text dude

Cry babies ruin the game

Waiting 30 seconds in town will never be as bad as running 5 GR lower without 30% bonus XP.

2 Likes

It be about the same. Nerfing will put them behind

You’re plainly lying right now.

1 Like

Totally ppl who play 5gr higher gets double your paragon.
Made the calc 100gr solo vs 105gr group is about 5 h hours more for the solo player from 1 to 2000 paragon. 59h Solo vs 54 in group

Plainly lying again.

Even assuming the time to complete the GR is the same (which is way faster for groups), even assuming the GR level is the same (which will be higher for groups), just the 30% XP bonus would take those 59h down to 41h.

U mean its way faster than 2 min? At 5 gr higher? I used paragon calculator from maxroll. U saying the calc is lying? We talking about unoptimized groups. I didnt assume the same GR i put 5 GR difference. The 30% bonus is into the calculation. How about 4 ppl have to go pee and eat then that i didnt add.

Play your way and you will level your way . Just the way it is . I have played solo probably 95% or more of the time . I just turned over 4400 paragon , all on my own for the most part . The thing is is I understand that group play would net me more paragon . But I choose to play solo . It’s how you play that nets you more . I don’t think it ruins the game at all . It’s people’s attitude and jealousy that ruins the game for them . I myself am content with where I am , I’m still enjoying it the way I play . Happy for the legit players who have made accomplishments as well (group or solo) . Enjoy it , don’t destroy it !

4 Likes

Sure, I wonder how 30% more XP gets reduced to less than 10% in those calculations.

Then you’re not playing anyway, because you are one of those 4… unless you’re telling us you’re botting.

Reason for that is that strength in numbers doesnt affect grift closing exp.