Bonus group experience is the worst thing about D3. ruins the game

it completely alienates 95% of the community and you simply can not compete at all unless you make a speedfarm meta character and group for 8 hours a day. It has been a problem for a long time now and though i myself have found methods to avoid it through multiboxing, not everyone has extra accounts or even wants to multibox its a hassle and takes a lot of skill and time. i’d rather just be able to compete on 1 character solo self farm as does most of the community.

27 Likes

Lol if that’s what you think the worst thing is, you need to actually start playing the game…

10 Likes

D3 leaderboards mean as much as being on the slither.io leaderboards, and have about the same prestige value.

Forget about them. You’re not going to get on unless you no-life it or bot anyway, and you’ll enjoy the game more.

9 Likes

Too much RNG for D3 to ever be fair on a competition level. You want some true competition and skill, go play head on PvP games.

4 Likes

There is nothing wrong with bonus group exp. Even without group exp, solo still won’t be able to compete with group players. Solo incapable to run higher GR level within the fastest time as possible is the main reason why solo can’t compete.

Here is the EXP/Hour comparison between the solo and group:
https://i.imgur.com/LjSL5kI.png

Want to close the gap between solo and group? Give more power creep to the point solo can actually solo GR150 at a reasonable time (ala 5 minutes) and not 13 minute+, but then 95% of posters here hate power creep so much, so yeah, deal with it is the only way for the solo player.

3 Likes

Id be willing to bet a majority of players don’t group up at all. Blizzard was shocked to see couch co-op was more popular than online grouping for consoles. With a tiny fraction of D2 being played online compared to who bought it, I’d say the majority prefers to play alone.

While I agree at the bonuses are bad, I just don’t think most care about about the leader boards.

5 Likes

Yeah, I personally enjoy playing Diablo 3 on the switch (couch co-op) with my Nephews. It’s more enjoyable than playing grouping on pc for me.

1 Like

Same with the wife. Inventory and such is a pain. Plan on getting a new console for D4 to play on the couch. Most of my Diablo time is spent there.

1 Like

None of the Diablo games I’ve played have ever been fun solo.

“Compete” in a solo player context is an oxymoron, while I agree a game should be fun for solo players, it never has been fun since the original Diablo.

However, in cooperative multiplayer, it’s fantastically fun.

Long before there were ever any leader boards.

2 Likes

Have to disagree. But that’s the fun thing about opinions and subjective material. Can’t imagine fun with my screen littered with other players. I get my fun in ARPGs from completing challenges on my own through my own way of building my characters or my own strategies in defeating bosses.

7 Likes

They have to add SSF. Easy fix.

Skill cap in D3 is okay for a PvE competition. They just have to properly organize it.

True.

How is the LB participation this Season compared to previous Seasons? Did players put more time into the game now due to new set LBs?

Have no clue. I don’t pay attention to that stuff.

If more people start to aim LBs that’s a sign the new patch is in the right direction regarding players participation.

Well, players don’t have a choice. Everyone is ranked. So it will be hard to tell.

Simplest way is to disable the use of Legendary Gems used in group for solo clears and you can only open a GR tier based on what you did solo.

Groups may get all the Paragon they want but if they want to then smash the solo Leaderboards then they must get their LG’s up for solo by themselves and cannot open a GR150 solo just because they di so in groups.

2 Likes

That wont rly change anything. Or u want the items which are augmented to be disabled aswell?

Group bonus isnt the main reason to why solo players cant compete. Efficient groups abuse the fact that more players = more power. U get the rewarded for teamwork where u can complete task which is harder and more efficient by using the combined strength.
We dont know how many players which are solo nor do we know how many play in groups so saying 1 is more than other is just assuming. We could also assume that group players got more playtime. A SSF mode might give data about how many ppl actually enjoy playing only solo but i believe that it wont be a popular feature

1 Like

When playing with friends and family multiplayer is very cool.

Playing with strangers… nope. It just feels like solo with elaborate NPC’s. I hate it. I completely dread that D4 will be always online with that multiplayer concept.

3 Likes

You’re being triggered by useless internet points. Just play the game.

To quote my favorite comedy show:

“Everything is made up and the points don’t matter.”

Also if you don’t want to play with groups on the leaderboard, there’s this fancy filter that sets it to Solo Rifts. Imagine that.

1 Like

No, too much RNG to be proper.

1 Like

Don’t need to play for the hours you are mentioning nor need to bot. You just have to learn how to play efficiently as well as have a good strong speed farming characters to grind xp for paragons.

More so since they have the filters for the various sets. Just choose your set or maybe no set and the build. Then go for it, it won’t take as many paragons as you think. I have seen all types of paragon levels clearing GRs that I haven’t cleared yet.

This patch has got me playing this game again alongside of another game.

There are plenty of leader boards to compete for concerning any build that you choose. As long as it is supported by either a set, Legacy of Dreams or Legacy of Nightmares.