Bone spear builds season 22

Hello, I would like this topic just be a depository of bone spear builds variants players are playing.

Simple posts with a d3 planner link are plenty. This is not supposed to be a discussion topic. So let’s try and keep it clean.

Cheers.

Ranged push build with bone spikes and Reilena Shadowhook:

ptr-d3planner-com/159049299

CC push build with Cursed Scythe and Nayr Black Death:

ptr-d3planner-com/989790217

4-Man Trashkiller with 3 sups 1 zNnec, 1 zBarb sup, and zMonk:

ptr-d3planner-com/586950317

(Clones kill the RG, Sups max main stat)

T16 Key Speedfarming:

ptr-d3planner-com/742970048

Ranged push build with 100% Land of the Dead
https://ptr.d3planner.com/724959113

This is one of the top 2 variations of Bone spear for season 22. You saw it here first. Enjoy.

• Generator Free Version for T16 Speedfarming and low GRs (up to around 110, depending on paragonlvl augments etc)

Should be viable for Rat runs too with a few tweaks

Edit: Updated → Switched Bonespear-Rune to Shatter, included Nemesis Bracers.

Expected and confirmed result:

Solo GR 90-105 in 90 - 120 Seconds

• My build for solo-pushing without Brigs

It is super-tanky and plays very simmilar to a poison-scythe necro.
You gather a large chunk of mobs, shoot a few bonespears to kill one or 2.
Then you activate Corpse Explosion right before the Poison-Cycle of CoE to freeze everything and start shooting bonespears afterwards.

It is much more noob-friendly than a Variant with Briggs as you are less squishy. In terms of pushing it is probably behind the variant with Briggs as you cant pixel / wont be able to apply AD as well as with briggs.

Tradeoff: Comfort vs GR-LVL

Current clear with it : 136

Wudijo posted a YT video of bone spear rat setup, slightly below real rats, with 1 BS necro and 3x support (barb, nec, dh). BS necro is played by rob in this vid.

2 Likes

Y, tried a simmilar combination today.

Support:

• Barb --> Pixels
  • Znec --> Freezes after Pixel
  • DH --> Entangling shot for Extradmg

DD:

• 1 Bonespear Nec

Did achieve a few GR120s below 3 minutes with this Setup. Did see some nice Crits in the area of 8000 Trillion.

When someone took a Powerpylon…it went up to 22.000 T xD. Pretty Insane numbers

We tried to push a little and 135 was pretty easy. We stopped after that with pushing though as i had no Stricken-Gem yet and the Bossfights became too long

This would be too slow for T16 without the Steuart’s Greaves.

1 Like

agree. For any speedbuild steuarts are mandatory

Pity bonespear necro wont be too powerful in non seasons as it only truly shines with the fourth cube slot.

1 Like

Actually quite creative, i like it. Gonna give it a try

Yeah, i know. Don’t get me wrong, i dont think it will be a top-tier build variant.
But its creative in some way and looks fun to play. Prob will stick to my pushbuild, but ill give this one a try to see if i like the playstyle

https://i.imgur.com/gN2A9UA.jpg

LptD was rarely fun to play.

I just hope they turn the bracers back up to former glory or slightly above for Nonseason / no 4th slot gameplay

1 Like

Agreed, though mathematically, going from 6x to 5x is only 1.5 GR of damage lost. I’d love an offhand but I’ll take it. These bracers should have been out in 2.6.9, since it’s basically an 8 piece set with one mandatory cube for Spike.

True, but it wasn’t needed. Once the 4,3x of Raleinas is missing, Nec will be a few GRs behind GoD i think. So they could have left it at 500

2 Likes

Your right Psikill, I tried to run it without the 4th slot and its going to be hard to get to 150 out of 400%… And remember its only 400 if you cube it or get a lucky roll.

with bracer nerf make this build alot of worst than lod mages speed pls give back the buff to play something difference for speed 3 years now play mages

Agree with this. In NS Bone spear will therefore be nothing special.

Huh?

The damage went from 500% increased damage to 400%. Thats not even noticeable less damage actually. About 1 greater rift difficulty lower.
And i can se no LoD Mages doing 146s so

It’s about 19% (~1GR) dmg loss on bracer. What we needed was an offhand for masquerade, that gives us another 200-300% BS multiplier, and triple this bonus vs 3 or less targets.

Am pretty sure we will see a lot of Masq’s BS speeds 110-125, while not equal or better with LoD mages, it will be close and different playstyle, plus a ton lot more toughness so you won’t just implode if something sneezes at you.

It remains our best set even past S22, highest toughness / dps / mobility and FLEXIBILITY in passive / skills. It can easily be adjusted post S22 to be competitive with other classes S tier sets by bumping multipliers or adding an offhand.