Blizzard this is ridiculous, crusader already at 148 GR solo after nerf

Ulmaguest is right. This OP crusader build needs to be nerfed for the sake of balance. It is OK to be #1; however, being #1 by multiple GRs is bad for the game and build diversity.

4 Likes

I play the lazy shotgun version, and itā€™s been nerfed pretty hard by the shield of fury change. Itā€™s right on par with a rend/ww barb. My 125 clears are within 20 seconds apart. The problem is with the pig sticker version. From what Iā€™ve read, you can macro some stuff to take advantage of some AIS issues, so that might be the problem.

Really - who cares? If someone spent the time needed to get to 10K + paragon let them have their moment in the sun of doing a 148 GRift - something of no value or importance really to anyone. Just bring up some other builds so they can also clear that at the same para level.

The outrage over the <1% of the population who will accomplish this amuses me.

Game is near the end of itā€™s life cycle anyway and Iā€™m sure most people are just waiting to move on to Diablo 4.

shrug

3 Likes

You are still missing the point. People donā€™t care if 10k + paragon people solo 150s or 148s. They care if only 1 class can get close to that vs the others as well.

If Crusader can solo 150ā€™s and 10k paragon and then next best class can only do a 142 with 10k paragon then you will see that difference in the lower end as well. Crusaders will clear 130 with 1k paragon and the next best class can only do a 120 with 1k paragon. Do you understand now?

5 Likes

You must of missed the part where I wrote, in the opening of my post no less, ā€œJust bring up some other builds so they can also clear that at the same para level.ā€

Yet you also stated

It is important and it does have value. This is what I was replying to.

I guess our definitions of what is important and valuable may differ.

Anyway your post trying to school me on not understanding the concept of class equity was still misplaced. Maybe you can use that reply on someone else.

Iā€™m not trying to school you. Iā€™m trying to help you understand why people are upset as you also stated

The outrage isnā€™t over the accomplishment of the GRift 150. We just want you to better understand this issue.

Again, I do understand the issue. Itā€™s actually not that challenging to understand, which is why I addressed it in my very first post in this thread. Iā€™m not sure why you are focusing me in this thread when I already suggested all classes should have builds to do this.

Lets wait and see what the other new sets will be like, before we start calling for nerf hammer. But if the intention of the new sets was to be like the monkā€™s new set, then it will be nerfed. If not then monkā€™s set will get a buff to come up to the power that was intended for the new sets.

You again crying for nerfs. :roll_eyes:
Let barbs and saders have their fun this season and put someone else into the sunlight for S20.

9 Likes

The balance is with every D3 player under 5k paragon.
Like hundreds of thousands of us.

Please stop making posts about 10k players hitting gr150 messing up the balance.

Those 10k players are less then .001% of the entire player base.

5 Likes

Another one pops up that doesnā€™t understand the full effect. If a 10k Paragon Crusader can clear a 150 and the next best class can do a 142 and then the 3rd best a 138 then it will show at 1k paragon.

Crusader will do 130s with 1k paragon while any other class will do 115-120s with 1k paragon

5 Likes

This is why we were mad about the rend nerf to Barbarians.

Just let the end numbers be what they are, the nerf itself hurt the players not near the top that are pushing far more than it will hurt the higher players.

They need to pick a clear balance point, discuss what this balance point is, and then they need to execute balance.

For a company this size and of this stature, not sure how this is so hard to understand, yet it is this way across all their games.

Right, and then it is simple base on my above.

The company needs to come out and say what the balance point is, and execute that balance point.

It is truly that simple.

1 Like

Cool , hope blizzard keeps it up canā€™t wait till i can do a 150 GF.

1 Like

In terme of balance i prefer set balance than class balance for diversity.

If every set of barb can do 140 im happy cause i can play the build i prefer.

If every set of DH can do 135 im happy cause i can play the build i prefer. Even if itā€™s -5 GR compare to barb.

The fact that Sader is overtuned only affect group play cause solo push is a competion with yourself ( we canā€™t compete with botters 10 K paragon so i donā€™t even care about leaderbord ).

2 Likes

On the PTR Lamentation had 200% Rend bonus.
Their initial decision was to remove that bonus completely.
Only after a 2000+ post thread did they relent and put it to 150%.

And all of that was because they considered the Barb overtuned when a 10500 paragon player had done GR140 with it. Now compare that to Crusaders doing GR150s in 2.6.7 and GR148s in 2.6.7a and it makes nerfing Lamentation at all look incredibly disingenuous if the intent was to nerf any and all builds that were capable of more than around GR140 solo.

8 Likes

A power assessment and solution was shared several times, they should have followed the advice a bit closer. The recommended 2pc buff to lightning and holy skills was solid, it would have been great with a future buff to Akkhan.

The damage is done, SoF lost character and it plays just like any other legendary. Akkhan/LoD HF is impotent. Thereā€™s no incentive to play any other Crusader build, as they are at least 8GRs weaker. In addition to releasing new sets, the game is long due for another 2.6.4/2.6.1 rework.

1 Like

More likely the intent was to not over nerf it like they did with Lamentation.

1 Like

It seems like thereā€™s a few people in here that donā€™t understand the concept that given a particular paragon range, when one build is clearing several GRs higher than all the rest then COMPARATIVELY it is much stronger (aka OP).

Two scenarios arise. 1) comparing around 10k paragon builds when 1 build is able to clear 5+ GR levels higher than any other build that means it is comparatively OP.
2) comparing within a season where paragon levels max out at around 5k, the same thing happens. When 1 build is able to clear 5+ GR levels higher than any other build (in a season) that means it is comparatively OP.

3 Likes