Blizzard please fix the crash issue!

Getting tired of loosing extra rolls in GR from the crashing.

its pretty lame that the current fix is to download HotS and take the sound file and put it into D3´s folders.

how many are experiencing the 5 seconds freeze and sometimes crashes?

5 Likes

I’ve crashed 3 times recently, all right after killing the GR guardian.

1 Like

I’m experiencing this. Can you share more details about using hots as a fix?

Been experiencing it for a couple months now, since the patch. It’s happened to me on HC and I can tell you I wasn’t amused.

I was told when it happens “hit the pause button” and wait until the menu appears, then you’ll know it’s unstuck. It can happen anytime whether you’re in combat or not.

But this is not a new issue, been happening for years.

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/7q8456/i_fixed_my_d3_pausefreezes_sharing_how_in_case_it/

Strange. I didn’t play much last season so don’t know if the problem would have existed for me then but didn’t get it before last season and getting it now.

Yep this 8-year old game has more stability issues than most of the newly released games on steam including cyberpunk 2077. This is a shame and shows how incompetent the programmers behind D3 are…
Even playing hardcore is nearly impossible right now!

2 Likes

Same problem here. Game randomly freezes…sometimes recovers after some seconds (with me dead by then)…sometimes crashes.

1 Like

I had the same problem with freezes and lags.
I tried several things with settings and there was no improvement.
So my last thing I did was, I disabled any frame limitations in D3 and set a limit in Nvidia driver settings. Since there, I´ve got no (big) issues anymore.
But for me it looks like it has sth. to do with a bad internet conncetion or packet loss on Blizz server side.
Usually I´m using VPN for Internet, and sometimes I forget disabling it and the freezes/lags come back.
I guess the Net-Code is just bad and causes big trouble.

Do you gus play Fullscreen or Windowed mode?
Sometimes I think, D3 doesn´t like it much to be in background.
I play in windowed fullscreen and if I put D3 to background for too long, it also has some problems.

I’ve restored (scan/repaired) the game files (so I can hear sounds) & then changed some graphics settings per these links & it hasn’t froze up yet.

Happy Holidays

2 Likes

check wujido ( or how he spells it), he got a video on youtube.

you wont crash, but you wont have any game sound.

I’m experiencing this as well. It seems like this was a known issue evert since S22 started, and yet there’s still no fix other than that no sound file thing. I pretty much take this as “We dont care about the game and its playerbase, we have other things to do and will get to fixing it as slowly as possible” statement from the D3 team lol.

I honestly think they are intentionally trying to shoo out current customers and prevent future customers from purchasing their game.

Don’t be silly. The game is on sale right now, they WANT to sell it.

Personally, I’d buy a second copy for myself if I could link the two together somehow and use one account for storage.

1 Like

Sure they are.

What’s more plausible is the team is too small to fix in a timely manner or they haven’t figured out a way to fix it.

okey i think i fixed it, i changed some stuff in nvidias control panel and have not got a freeze or crash in around 6 hours of play time. one can hope!
got this from the other thread Meatplow suggested.

In your graphics card settings, navigate to where your specific app settings are. Pick Diablo 3. Change these:

Negative LOD Bias - Clamp
Trilinear optimization - Off
Vertical Sync - Use 3D application settings
Pre Rendered Frames - 1
Max Frame Rate - (Change to match your monitor’s max Hz)
Preferred Refresh Rate - (Change to match your monitor’s max Hz)

In-Game:
Vertical Sync - On
Max Foreground FPS - (Change to match your monitor’s max Hz)

All other settings just use default.

This is what fixed it for me, give it a try! ^

According to the D3 log, it seems to be a sound error than a graphics error for me.