Barbarians Unite Pls. Nice People spotted :)

That mob mentality though is real…:man_facepalming:

1 Like

I’d post the high five thing, but I’m not allowed lol

But I nearly spat my water out reading this :rofl:

That is becoming a genuine concern with some of the things I’ve read around here lately

1 Like

Ha!

Glad I could provide a chuckle. God knows the chuckle heads in GD are doing the opposite.

For the record, though Micro denies it, GoodWillHunt and DarkKnight are, indeed, his alts–of this I’m very certain.

2 Likes

I took your advice and stopped reading everything he wrote, the forums are a lot less confusing place now. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I see you’re still kicking, that’s a shame.

Well, I was thinking an increase of 300 - 400%.

2 Likes

There is a problem with your hypothesis that you are dunking on my “alts” in general discussion. The two accounts you quoted have not posted in general discussion in many days if you use the search function.

As I told you, whatever accounts that you think are my alts in the thread linked below are definitely not mine.

P.S. Could you please provide a quote where I made any denials?

I would love to see the faces of everyone who was asking for a nerf if devs actually buffed lamentation from 200% to 300% and increased the 6 pieces damage bonus from 10000% to 15000% and suddenly barbs could solo GR150

Devs would also mention that they would like to keep it like that for at least 2 seasons :rofl:

The outrage on forums would be just ridiculous…

Everyone who asked for nerfs would be like this:

9 Likes

In this scenario, the forum reaction to barbarians would be intriguing. I wonder how monks would feel being behind by 16 GRs.

The ironic thing is even if they take my advice, my plan is to play barbarians next season. I am advocating for reasonable buffs for the class that my plan is to play. I currently have 3 barbs on my account: Gynormica, Warrior, and Menace. I suspect it will be a rebirth to “Warrior” and delete so that I can create a new more fun name.

I was thinking TableGuy. How many characters are we allowed again?

Monks along with other classes should do what Free did for barbs and if they work hard on making viable suggestions that will benfit everyone than I see no problem why can’t Monks or Crusaders or any other class that feels left behind also have builds capable of clearing GR140+ too…

1 Like

This is not a solution, it is a problem.

Why, because if “players” who are in favor of something stay the same just flag posters who think otherwise, it makes the “players” look biased, and then Blizzard acts.

Rather than flagging and moving on, either fight the fight, or simply mention once why they are wrong, and move onto the next conversation!

I think would go a long way to ensuring nerfs only happen when needed in the future.

1 Like

But you are aware that not having enough balance can take away fun as well?

Let just take this scenario where the most unfun build are the most powerful and efficient to play, or the scenario where there are builds that people like to play are significantly underperforming compared to the best builds.

That makes playing these underperforming builds less fun.

======================================

So why not try to balance all or at least most builds around for example GR125? Yeah, it would include nerfing this one Barbarian build, but also all of the other outlier builds, so I don’t see a problem with that. Then instead of 4 builds, suddenly 50 builds are viable (the number 50 is randomly chosen, just to illustrate the point). Then Barbarians can have fun, as well as DHs, Wizards, Monks and all the other classes.

How does it take away from ones feeling of empowerment if all (meta) builds are somewhat evenly balanced? You are still powerful, you just wouldn’t own everything else anymore, and in fact if you would be able to own with builds that are significantly stronger, than you are taking away the fun from those that like to play builds that are now significantly underpowered (wich ironically would turn you into “The Fun Police”).

======================================

inb4: I am fairly indifferent on whether or not the WW build gets nerfed or if it can clear a GR140 or a GR120 or whatever, but in general I think there should be a decent amount of balance, which tries to balance all meta builds around GR1xx and preferably has 0 outlier builds. I just think to call and defame people who desire such a state of balance as “The Fun Police” etc is not the best way to go about it either.

3 Likes

Hmm, haven’t seen too many Wizards and Necro’s suffering and not enjoying themselves because their OP’ness came at the expense of ‘balance’. Why has it been OK for them, but if there’s the slightest possibility that Barb’s could be OP, then its " OMG please nerf we must have balance in the meta"?

Do tell.

6 Likes

Hey Demon. I just want to point something out for you. Don’t ever read any of Micro’s posts. He’s a troll. All his information is skewed and manipulated by him. He barely plays the class and he’s been proven wrong multiple times by multiple people.

He said all he does is post the data. His “data” is word of mouth. The guy who cleared 140 said the build could do 146 which is a blatant and outright lie. I honestly think he was having fun messing with us and getting the forums all riled up. Although, Micro took that as the truth and has been incorporating it in his skewed data ever since, even after I took the time to show him how that was wrong using just basic common sense.

I don’t know the full story, but I think if you removed Micro from the equation and looked at what the real barbs are saying, you’ll see the truth and none of this drama will need to take place <3.

Clueso, I’m not sure where your gr125 is coming from, but 140 is the balance mark.
These are all the top clears across all regions

Sader-138
DH -139
Necro - 142
WD - 140
Barb - 140
Wizard - 144 - 141 post nerf? Who really knows with Vyrs…

If you are all for balance than you should be very happy with where barbs are at.
I’m quite sure that barb GR 140 was also cleared with the highest amount of paragon, meaning all of those other top clears are by people with less paragon.

The only class that needs some love is Monk and Sader needs a small boost.

At this stage in Diablo. A solo GR 140 is the epitome of balance.

Actually, the proposal was intended to bring all of our builds up to like gr 138 I think? He did try, you just haven’t seen it yet I assume.

On a side note. Where is all of this fairness and balance hippie mumbo jumbo coming from? If no class balance changed in the patch notes and the only thing they announced was the theme, nobody would be on the ptr advocating for wizard nerf.

Admit it, you don’t want to see barbs have fun. If you weren’t advocating for wiz nerfs, than you don’t get to advocate for barb nerfs.

Also, even if you weren’t advocating for wiz nerfs, you still don’t get to advocate for barb nerfs lol.

I’m a barb, my muscles are bigger than yours. Thus, I am right and you are wrong.

3 Likes

I think hero names can have a maximum of 11 characters in them.
So, you could definitely get ImFunPolice, NerfTheBarb or CryOnForums.

9 Likes

So you want to nerf OP builds, so most builds can ONLY clear a GR125 in late 2019?

http://replygif.net/i/1008.gif

Seriously what’s with all the fear that most classes could do GR140 solo as easy as doing a 130GR, even if each class had only 2 sets capable of achieving it and one LoD build per class…

I prefer to have ALL classes balanced arround 135-140 GR than be stuck at 120-125 GR for years, just because some people can’t stand the fact that “the most dedicated players” with over 8000-10000 paragon (which is like 1%-5% of the playerbase) could clear a 150 GR solo…

3 Likes

Leave barb as is. Leave season buff as is. Leave the fire explosion as is. That will be fun to see everyone find a hidding spot,rock, tree, wall. If its op so what its only for a season.

2 Likes

Free, it was about time for you to TALK LIKE THAT. I almost broke my phone giving you my like

4 Likes

It is not okay.

It was kind of a whatever-number. It could have been anything else. The number was just there to illustrate the point.

I am advocating for balance, which means nerfing OP things and buffing underpowered things and this is being done in order for more builds feeling stasfying to play (in regards of the rewards of XP, gems, etc, you are getting as well as being able to participate in higher level group play), so your assumption that I do this because I “do not want Barbs to have fun”, is wrong.

I read Free’s proposal and for the most part I liked it a lot (aside from some minor and medium large issues that I had on which I also gave feedback). Do you know the saying (and I am paraphrasing here) that some people who are ones harshest critics can also be ones strongest advocates, because they want them to succeed.?! That is basically what I am trying to do here.

Furthermore, what I wrote in this thread was not directly in favor of actually nerfing Barbs, but rather directed at the underlying premise/idea/axiom that people who want nerfs are not wanting to have people to have fun, because (ironically) it is quite the opposite, since the more builds are balanced, the builds there are to have fun with, and in order to achieve that, nerfs are sometimes necessary.

I said “for example”. The number was just there to illustrate my point an it could have been any other number.

2 Likes

No, you are not. You are a troll or just plain stupid (or both).

4 Likes