Barb was nerfed in patch 2.6.7!

On the original PTR, it had a 150-200% damage multiplier, not 500%.
On the BlizzCon PTR, it has no damage multiplier at all.

1 Like

“Rend can now stack up to 2 times on an enemy” is a x2 modifier

These are the players which blizz listens to. Absolutely no clue what their talking about, but yet demand a nerf and in the end getting what they asked for.

6 Likes

I wish, but sadly no.

It just goes to show that a lot of players has no clue about the current issues. Cranking Rend up to 34 million% damage was a huge overload. There are better ways to achieve power.

You were thinking of buying D4 before? For 6-7 years barb has been in this mess so not planning to give them my money lol

2 Likes

Like i said, you are the player base which blizz take seriously, and yet has no clue what they are talking about. But go on, tell us “the better ways” to achieve power. We are waiting.

4 Likes

Yep enlighten us with your wisdom please (I mean Kiwen not you Wolverine)

1 Like

Two problems with this stand;

1. This has always been on the belt, it is not part of the buff. It has never allowed Rend to be viable since WotW came out.
  2. Because the double stacking was there before and still is, it is not a change for Rend. The loss of the 200% damage increase though is and the loss of it causes you to go from say 300 damage on a rend to 100.

What that means is that the removal of the buff on that belt will drop the dps by that much. Or as others have put it, it will drop the potential by 7-8 GR.

So, NOW, a person with near/actually max gems and 10000 paragon will be able to do GR133. So, most players will never get near that. My bet is that it will not let most players get much past 125, but I am not going to claim that is anything other than my opinion.

3 Likes

Obviously, he meant Grind to 19k Paragon.

EZ.

Only 1% of the current player base is above 125 GR level see this for reference:

1 Like

While many were distracted watching Liltit animation video at Blizzcon, Blizz used that opportunity to ninja nerf barb.

5 Likes

Means my supposition is both right and wrong.

Wrong because of bad reason for it, and right because it is already proven.

Thank you for the correction. I am really tired today and had read that, but it did not sink in.

Nah, only been quoted 2 times thus far so won’t exactly say that. However the issue is always a matter of “how”.

Actually the Rend build was really powerful in a few patches, until more power creep made it non-existing. And that is the reason I hate multipliers above 3. It’s a very bad way to go.

Rends total damage output is Rends total damage output regardless of where and how. In the damage calculation it is still a x5 that has been changed to an x2.

WhirlRend is still 20 times better than Whirlwind, and is still 17 tiers higher. Sure it is less than the 60 times stronger than it was before, but it doesn’t mean it had to be so, to be competitive.

1 Like

Then tell us “how”. We are still waiting.

You might want to learn how math and bonuses work.

Assuming double stacking rend is a perfect 100% increase in damage, that is a 2X multiplier.

The 200% increased damage is a 3X multipliers.

You do not add those together since they are two different modifiers, the multiply together. It would b 3 X 2 = 6. So combined, it is at best a 6X, not 5X, multiplier.

But, once again, when talking about the buff, and it is not part of it, that loss of 200% damage cuts the power of it by 2/3 (3/3 - 1/3) or 66.7%. Aka, you are only doing a third of the damage you were before its removal or 33.3%.

Aka, if it was hitting for 300 before for every instance of it, they are now only hitting for 100. That is why this is such a large nerf.

Dang the whole 200% skill bonus damage is gone? lol? I thought it would at least be lowered to like 100% but the whole 200%!!! lol…

Welcome to the barbarian life. Get used to it lol. We started to enjoy it, it became and addiction.

4 Likes

Rend deals 220% x 6 x 3 x 101 x 3 x 15 = 17,998,200% which can be applied twice, meaning 35,996,400%

Removing the x3 from the belt means 220% x 6 x 3 x 101 x 15 = 5,999,400% which can be applied twice for 11,998,800%

Just remember that everything is put in to relative values. So even though -60% seems like a lot, it actually isn’t.

You just admitted the damage is doing 66% less damage.

As others have shown and proved, this is a reduction of ~7 GR. That means that it takes a 10000 paragon and high level gems player to get to 133.

Wizard players have done that same thing with ~5000 paragon.

This is what makes the large nerf so idiotic.

4 Likes

I’m sorry if this sounds naive on my part but I have a simple question. Why can wizards and necros do 140s solo but barbarians and monks can’t? I mean I can only see it two ways if you actually want to talk balance. One: this is not intended and both Wiz and necro need to be lowered. Or two: this is still not intended and the other classes need a way to get there. I’m not even considering three, which would be that this is intended, because that would invalidate my question.

2 Likes