Barb Buffs in 2.6.7: Feedback and Analysis

Nice idea, but how did you trigger slow/chill at range? Intimidate is probably our best bet hmm. I´ll test it.
Rumble damage is still 620% + 2 * (current Fury - Slam skill Fury cost) * 15% per cast? Slam skill cost is 13.5 with Peak and 10% paragon RCR so you need at least 18 Fury when you use Rumble to outdamage Permafrost.

With or without Insanity, Ancients attack 2.5-times per sec, so they generate 3 * 2.5 * 4 = 30 Fury per second → 33 with Templar. The next breakpoint (44 Fury per sec) requires Gogok stacks.

Rumble proc coefficient is 0.111 IIRC so Weapons Master generates 0.2442 per hit so 0.7326 per cast as Rumble hits 3 times (main + 2 tremors).

On paper, that should work OK.

Update 1: GR118 in 9:52, which is 4-minutes faster than with the other builds.
Setup: Fjord+EF Permafrost, MOTE6-IK2, Killing Spree over Falter.

Update 2: Nah, I don´t like Rumble spam. I swing “air” way too frequently, thanks to the 1.5x attack speed multiplier on Fjord. Permafrost feels extremely good and EF is up a lot.

|118|9:52|Permafrost|MOTE6+IK2 + Fjord + EF + FotA||
|120|14:22|Permafrost|MOTE6+IK2 + Fjord + EF + FotA||
|121|13:02|Permafrost|MOTE6+IK2 + Fjord + EF + FotA||
|122|15:07|Permafrost|MOTE6+IK2 + Fjord + EF + FotA|| FAILED
|122|17:05|Permafrost|MOTE6+IK2 + Fjord + EF + FotA|| FAILED
|122|16:14|Permafrost|MOTE6+IK2 + Fjord + EF + FotA|| FAILED
|122|13:51|Permafrost|MOTE6+IK2 + Fjord + EF + FotA|| CLEARED

So MOTE6+IK2 Permafrost is around 3 GRs higher than IK HotA and LeapQuakeSlam, and that´s not even the best Permafrost build. :thinking:

Also holy hell, Juggernaut elites… :frowning_face:

1 Like

For anyone who missed it, darkpatator discussed the current potential of the ww/rend build if the PTR goes live as is.

1 Like

I heard titannova spent 200keys on IK HotA 130 runs…failed. Lol

GR123 in 14:58.583 with MOTE6+IK2 Permafrost. Hot a primal Band of Might so upgraded to 54.3% CDR. This Slam variant is really solid, but Crimson instead of IK2 would probably push it another 2-3 levels.

Props to him for seriously testing other builds beside WW/Rend.
He has cleared GR136 in 12:14 so that´s like a 139-140 on a similar map.
Paragon 6075 + 1340 augments = 7415 effective paragon.
That´s a huge performance gap.

Ik Hota and SS both still need a little buff, SS maybe like 50% and ik Hota between 50-100%?
we could nerf the raekor 4pc and buffing ik 6pc so that charge won’t be affected that much for ik hota but i wouldn’t buff ik so far that it makes LoD obsolete
4000%–>6000% on 6pc and the rest if neccessary buff on remorseless
i also wouldn’t mind buffing EQ while buffe MotE ( yet i doubt they would do that this season)

Barbs! Check this topic pls

I just did a more realistic comparison between ww barb and chat wiz on non season ptr. Compared level 3400 ish para and i ended up with 118 13 mins so could prob get a 120. And looked at nerfed chant wiz and they were at 124 so I would say leave barb alone for nerfing. The guys at near 10`000 para should be in there own class not with players at 3k or even 5k they will always win.

5 Likes

So you can only do 120 @ 3.4 k para with the new buffed WW barb?? Lol . Git gut I’d say

i created a dh on ptr season and “pushed” with shadow 800p gems around 30 and did a 110 first try thats the same as barbs did (not all obviously but i could have gone 2 higher with dh just by fishing)
problem is that no one is seriously pushing the other classes because there are no changes (other than the 2 underperforming sets)
it’s funny how so much ppl whine about barb getting a boost when THERE IS A F*CKING WIZ IN THE GRP THAT ONE-SHOT HALF THE SCREEN ON GR150 4 PLAYER -.-

9 Likes

Amen, Sinured.

Barbs are finally strong and no one is really pushing with other classes. The result is, of course, that Barb looks deceptively OP.

Here’s hoping the devs don’t tone down our buffs. But even if they do–if–we still got buffs, and they’re likely to still be substantial!

3 Likes

PTR is now closed, check pinned message of the first page of PTR Feedback page.

oh hi free,
well i really hope there is more coming this ptr, a small buff to hota/ss or at least the new sets to be competative
if they just nerf ww and that’s it i might not playing next season again and it would be a shame because the season-theme is interesting

The award for best wise crack goes to Bastich.

Pert, crackling, and cutting.

Pick up your trophy at the front desk because…

1 Like

PTR is over, but I’m hoping they adjust HOTA/SS numbers before it goes live. Those builds still need more buffs!

10 Likes

I’d like to thank my Mum (Mom for you other guys), Red Shirt Guy, Mr Plow and all the Barb hating trolls.

Thank you guys.

On a serious side kudos to the hard working barbros who make playing barb even better.

5 Likes

yes in my testing I found the echo/remorseless to slow and lacking . we have no speed to attack the rg when the echo falls off unless the rg has adds .

good said.
and if blizz kicks us in the back again we all refuse to group up with the whining wizz that will need us to support next season^^

im 100% with you. yes we need a hota weapon to compliment the remorseless. it needs an attack speed bonus with hota damage. and a new ik hota gem would be the best.

The issue I have is that Echoing Fury fears monsters, since it seems to now be BIS for IK Hota and WW barb, 2 of my fav builds, this is kind of an annoyance as a melee.

Since now, ww does not do the main damage, why people are equipping BK set?

I think Istvans with lightning rune in ww or

Echoing Fury in cube with Ambo and Pig Sticker/Sun keeper/Axe of Sankis/etc. may also do well. Anyone gave these a go yet?

I am looking forward to testing these awesome combinations.

Also did anyone test that Fulminator or thunderfry proc effects are triggering ambo rend? It should not by definition, but you never know until you test it?