Another Chart from Era 11 Analysis That Micro is trying not to advertise

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/iC3SWeS

Actually, there have been two OP classes observed in Era 11 analysis and Micro keeps posting the collated chart only. This hides the power of Demon Hunters (he mains demon hunter).

Also FYI, he nitpicks 1 or 2 sentences from my analysis without adding the additional notes I mentioned. Barb analysis has about +5 GRs due to Raekor hota and its unintended play mechanism and wall charge snd bug packs. Almost all raekor hota clears skews the barb observations. Average barb has been behind Wiz and dH by about 14-19 GRs.

20 Likes

Link is not working, click bait or just something going wrong ?

Cannot edit somehow. This one. Necro-Wiz-DH

Imgur

4 Likes

Some fundamental issue for Micro’s analysis are:

1. He didn’t provide ptr barb performance curve. He simply implies barb curve match wiz. However, if he assume this, his analysis is absurd.
  2. He use single data to predict barb curve. However, that single data not even close to current wiz performance. Listen, whatever darkpatator says, he didn’t reach 145 in this ptr. 140 and 145 are completely different worlds.

That’s my opinion. I hate ppl using Prokhan’s data providing misleading infos.

13 Likes

Tell me about it. There are always explanations and notes but he picks one out and turns it into a mush.

If devs gave PTR Apis, I could very easily do it. Without Apis, you need to pick point by point and time consuming.

9 Likes

This was a quote from another PTR post against Micro where I find myself couldn’t agree more with it. After seeing your post here Pro, I really wanna give you two rounds of applause, for still even having the patience to point out his problems. But I bet he’s gonna come in later and give you a biased scientific analysis with his beautiful tables to argue with every one of your statements.

7 Likes

He is known to have 2 accounts, at least, to upvote his comments.
He is known to ramble on, when proven wrong, he continues.
He also never replied to the fact, that the Barbarian player has 10k paragon points clearing a 140, while Wizard prenerf was clearing 144 with 6k paragon points.
He contradicts himself, says one thing then the opposite.
I hope more people see this post and flags MicroRna posts for spam/trolling.
There is a difference in debating your opinions and whatever he rambles on about.

And don’t forget :
Check the non season leaderboards. Every class except for Monk is at 139-144.
When Barbarian hit 140 WITH 10k paragon points ( that is insane ), only to reach a 140 he was all over the place, hitting up numbers, claiming it should get nerfed. While also stating “Barbarians should get buffed”.
I urge people to flag him cause it’s nothing but a troll.

13 Likes

Prenerf GR144 Wiz clear is EU darkpatator clear with 10k paragon, same player as with Barb ptr GR140 clear…

Does it matter? He had 6 k when he tested the Wizard and now at 10k tested the Barbarian. Should indicate that people shouldn’t cry for nerfs for Barbarians when they got one build equial to almost every other class.

4 Likes

So wait, you’re saying that dark had only 6k paragon when he tested the wizard on the ptr?

Can you provide a link to that?

IIRC it was from the last PTR. Results visible on this recent PTR board had mixed results from both, you had to look at the clear date to tell what was what.

If you poked around you could see Barb was the only thing anyone was really pushing with.

3 Likes

Thanks Prokahn to provide this, so dev can have more clarity to make a judgment for barb this ptr.

2 Likes

</insert comedy here>
Shhhhh… DH’s are fun and awesome, but don’t tell anybody or post it in the forums.

6 Likes

Proey my man you are a saint to keep playing nicely with Ole Mate. His dribble posts :poop: me to tears.

+1’s to you fella and I wish they brought back the :-1: button.

4 Likes

This graph first off isn’t labelled at all on its Y axis… it was a waste of time for me to open it as it isn’t indicative of anything besides maybe there was more Wizard in GR 150, but doesn’t even go into if that was group roled or solo, whether they were or weren’t zdps etc…

It literally hurts my mind to think that people could believe that the class balance of a video game like this could be demonstrated in a single graph

I love his graph that he says he copied from a Barbarian math professor, that looks more like a genetic code markers. Then he admits the “graph” is a little busy and that makes it really hard to read. He then goes on to say you got to squint your eyes, pinch your nose and read in between the lines to tell what all that colored bird :poop: really means.
:rooster::poop::poop::poop:

I agree with that wholeheartedly.

4 Likes

Micro told me he did not see any reason to reply to this thread. But goes on and on in others. He was called out and still too scared to reply. Cause he knows he messed up.
I asked him where he was when Wizard was more op than Barbarian on the ptr. Or Necromancer for that matter. Never got an answer. I wonder why.

1 Like

Y-axis is a coefficient calculated using paragon, clear time and GR level.

Sorry for your confusion. This is from a performance analysis I carried out (many in the past). With the intend to come up with some figurative buff numbers so devs would not buff classes blindly. Which proved to be a nice way of measure as S12 balance patch showed.

Afterwards, as they kept buffing, balance was disturbed again.

I dont post the same stuff all the time so in case you are not familiar, the link to this analysis is below. You can follow them to reddit and find all my old posts on this topic. It has some numeric comparison merit. Which is only average and not exact.

You are correct. The greater rift performance curves as calculated by Prokahn and later by me only considered the top 1000 in the leaderboard on the live server. The reason that a similar calculation for the PTR is problematic is that this leaderboard information (to my knowledge) is not downloadable through Blizzard’s API. As such, you have to manually go through each leaderboard entry in game and manually record the player’s GR tier, the paragon level of the hero that cleared the GR, and the time to clear the GR. Prokahn himself described the difficulty in doing this. See his quote below.

Not true. I have posted several tables. I have looked at the top 40 clears on the PTR barb versus live era for every class. I have also looked at for each class live era vs. PTR barb non-season clears at or above 141, 140, 130, and clears at or above 125.

The graph with 3-way comparison in post #3 is self-explanatory and demonstrates that

1. Wizards>>Demon Hunters>>Necromancers.

2. The OP claims that both demon hunters and wizards are outliers.

3. I would argue that wizards (the furthest outlier) are much stronger than DH, the 2nd highest in terms of solo power.

4. The wizard power line is completely separate as shown in the graph with all 7 classes, showing it is an outlier.

5. The reason that it is difficult to see demon hunter when all 7 classes are graphed is that DH power line is partially superimposed by the purple line, representing witch doctors.

6. You will also notice a peculiarity in these graphs that necromancers which seem weaker at lower greater rifts exceed DHs at high greater rifts. The question is why? The answer is because of the necromenacer’s thorn build that is being nerfed this patch.

7. My view on data is that I prefer to see it, verify it, and analyze it myself rather than believing someone else.

8. The new forums have a search feature where one can look at all posts that someone makes to see things for themselves.

Imgur

My earnest point is that the game designers need to be careful about making another outlier, especially in light of them nerfing both wizards and necromancers.

This will be my only post in this thread. I have already quoted/linked numerous other posts where I state that it is easier/more prudent to nerf an outlier than buff 6 other classes. In the last PTR, I asked for wizards to be nerfed, a class that was recently called “obviously broken”. Blizzard in patch 2.6.7 apparently agreed and nerfed wizards as well as necromancers.

At the end of the day, my opinion does not matter. The developers will decide for themselves. All the data I looked at is available online/in game. Blizzard will decide what to do. I have my opinion based on my interpretation of the data. Others have theirs.

The only opinion/decision that will be relevant is Blizzard’s game developers.

That’s rich! You should think a little bit about that point.