Barb Nerf = No S19

I’m not a wizard player. I main necro on PC and play barb on my switch. So that argument doesn’t work in this case, since gr110 would still be higher than the necro. I’m not anti barb by any means. If you look at my posts you would see that if you didn’t think that any mention of a SLIGHT nerf was an attack on the barb community.

2 Likes

You may want to know something. People calling for nerfs are referring to slight number changes. From 10 to 9.5 and not the complete 10 to 1 nerf which a lot of the clueless people here seems to think its about. Lets make that clear.

And they are bringing up arguments such as people calling for nerfs are haters and do not play the class.

Right. What nice and solid points you have there to base your arguments on.

3 Likes

Exactly, the barb community’s response by in large to any call for changes to ptr have been straw man arguments and ad hominem attacks.

I would not judge the barb community by a handful of posters nor any community based on a few people. My sense is the more professional/respectful that we can discuss this issue ], the better.

I guarantee barb is not doing 144 in NON season. If you watch that 140 video he’s barely surviving against zombies and grotesque. They aren’t hard hitting mobs either.

My point being, it doesn’t have to be nerfed at all. Blizzard doesn’t do 10 to 9.5 either. They don’t know how to swing the nerf bat that easily. If they nerf something, they nerf it hard. Take chant for example…

How are they straw man arguments? No one has shown me any semblance of proof as to why barb should nerfed. Talk about straw man arguments…

I’ve been having to respond to you guys every day since the ptr started because whenever barb starts to feel good, the community yells for nerfs for some reason. It feels like a bunch of barb haters to people like me that have been waiting 5 YEARS for a strong and balanced barb.

4 Likes

Don’t know why a person being called out still replies, thinking he got something to say.

Let’s not forget the same person advocated for buffs for Barbarians and the same time was against it and wanted nerfs.
Also discussed with knowledgeable people knowing a whole lot more about Barbarians and refused to listen.

4 Likes

Is this a dig at me? It sure sounds like it.

I do not need to reply to that thread for obvious reasons. The graph with 3-way comparison in post #3 is self-explanatory and demonstrates that

1. Wizards>>Demon Hunters>>Necromancers.
  2. The OP in that thread claims that both demon hunters and wizards are outliers.
  3. Wizards (the outlier) are much stronger than DH (the 2nd best) in terms of solo power.
  4. The wizard power line is completely separate, showing it is an outlier.
  5. The reason that it is difficult to see demon hunter “line” when all 7 classes are graphed is that DH power is superimposed on other classes.
  6. My view on data is that I prefer to see it, verify it, and analyze it myself rather than believing someone else.
  7. The new forums have a search feature where one can look at all posts that someone makes to see things for themselves.

Roidraged,

My comment about judging populations based on the actions of a few is a discussion in general and not anyone specific.

There is no proof that the barb in ptr is OP. There’s also no proof that the barb as is is underpowered. That is because these are subjective opinions since the leaderboards have you compete against your own class, not others. There’s certainly evidence, however, that the barb in it’s current state is weaker than the other classes just as there is evidence that the ptr barb will be an outlier in the other direction. The evidence of this has been posted many times across all the threads and I’m not going to regurgitate one of micros tables or the ptr clears that barbs made after only 1 week.

I think that lamentation should go from 200% to 100%. That is the only change that I think is needed. You disagree, and that is fine. If the ptr barb goes through as is then I am happy for you, but it would be a shame if it then gets nerfed later on.

Strange Micro. Cause you are everywhere else. Replying to everything.
But when you get called out, you refuse cause you can’t come up with some graph of numbers or anything else to defend yourself with.

Did you know there were made threads about you on the Barbarian forum, telling us to not reply to you cause of all the bip you have done?
You are known to discuss subjects with dedicated and more knowledgable people about the Barbarian class than you. You were proven wrong multiple times. You still went on.
Strange why you advocate for nerfing Barbarians when you can clearly see that your beloved class Dh is doing just fine. Or Wizard for that matter.
Where were you when these classes together with Necro was just fine?

If the people dedicated to Barbarian are saying to others we should not feed you with comments, there is something wrong.

You just goes on and on, but strangely enough you dare not to go speak to someone calling you out.

I will say this as a last thing. For people reading.
I still urge people not to even comment or reply to you.
This forum should be about debating things. About suggestions and helping others out.
You were never around when Wizard and Necros was Op ( more than Barbarians was on the current ptr ).
Suddenly you spam posted everywhere cause there is a new forum and you could level up on here.
You then proceeded to contradict yourself. Saying Barbarians should get a buff, but then again you said they should get nerfed/not recieve anything.

I did not know people on this forum or on the old one. But I have seen people doing a lot of work. You began to discuss with these people. People knowing more than you do. You refuse to listen when you were proven wrong.
I don’t know what your deal is and frankly, could not care. You spam posts with ludacris numbers and don’t get the entire picture of it all.
Again, for people reading, Micro is spamming, going nuts about nerfing Barbarians, saying he then don’t want them to get nerfed.

And if you follow my link, or heck even read here, he refuses to reply to a thread when being called out.
A simple troll.

4 Likes

And for a final note. I am tired of people like Micro. Ruining a forum.
Wizard and Necros have been better than other classes.
No Micro there pulling up numbers.
Only when Barbarians finally gets something, even before. He has something against the class or the people on the forum section of Barbarians. They don’t even want to write with him = says it all.

5 Likes

Surely the Diablo 3 Devs will allow the whirlwind Barb, in particular, to be somewhat OP in Season 19. Why nerf anything? The Barbarian is a beautiful class to play and it’s been under-performing for some years now.

If anything the spin to win Barb should be one of the strongest builds in the game. Not just high tier or middle of the pack. It’s great to see a neglected character receiving a lot of love! :crossed_swords: :heartpulse:

5 Likes

I really only wanted to know how the Barb community felt, hence the question:

But Miss Flanagan, aka MicroRNA (and others like him/her), decided to use this thread to continue their smear campaign to ruin things for Barb’s.

4 Likes

I think it will depend on the state of Season Buff when the patch hits live. If season buff gets nerfed a bit, then I don’t necessarily think Barb need a nerf, but if it’s going to remian as it is, then it should, as it is the class that is best equiped (grouping elites for kill stacks) to deal with season buff.

This.

Barbs speed Grifts competing with Rats or doing 3 GR’s higher than any class will be absolutely nothing compared to the imbalance of seasonal themes which literally effects everything you do in the game.

1 Like

WW Barb has always been my favorite class/build, but i pretty much dropped it once i found out how easy it was to do better with HotA IK / Impale DH / WoL monk, etc.

i dont like that they minimized the value of Whirlwind itself to be of minor consequence. i dont like that they went from a crit heavy class to a crits dont really matter class.

I’ll play S19. I’ll play WW barb S19. i just dont know if it will be my main character or not yet. WoL monk has done well by me for several seasons now (i only care about finishing the season journey, not chasing leaderboards)

if no barb nerf season 19: season of the barbarians solo 150 4 man barbs

If they nerf it more than 2-3 GR levels, I am okay, if they simply kill it, why play?

Just another season then of Wiz and Necro ruling all…What is the point!

4 Likes

I’m a barb player and if the ptr barb receives minor nerfs but the overall changes remain the same I’ll play it season 19 because I’m not a petulant child who takes his toys and stomps home if I don’t get my way. I’ll play if it isn’t nerfed as well.

3 Likes