Angelic Crucible - Sanctified Items Not "Ancient-Level"

According to the 2.7.4 patch notes:

Sanctifying an item reforges it to have perfect Ancient-level stats on all affixes while also preserving the item’s Legendary Power.

In practice, most Sanctified items roll with “Normal” level stats. However, they can roll with “Ancient-level” stats. The items don’t look/present any different when “ancient” -vs- “normal”, you just have to know what the stat ranges are.

The engine appears to be “reforging” with the same rules as per Reforge Legendary in the Cube. I’ve run several attempts on several items, and generally was only able to get “Ancient-level” stats after approximately 15 Angelic “Reforges” on average.

20 Likes

It’s hilarious… you’re forced to use only ancient items and instead of maxing the stats it lowers them. LOL I’m going to try reapplying the crucibles as well. But if we need 10+ on average they better drop like candy from a broken machine.

1 Like

You can Sanctify “normal” level items, they do not need to be Ancient to use an Angelic Crucible on them.

Sanctifying an Ancient item does not guarantee an “Ancient” Sanctified item. I have tested this as well.

4 Likes

Blockquote you’re forced to use only ancient items and instead of maxing the stats it lowers them
Blockquote

That doesn’t appear to be the case. I’ve had normal items sanctify to primal ancient and ancient weapons sanctify to normal ones. I’d guess that the algorithm that’s rerolling the weapon’s affixes is also rerolling its quality with roughly the same % chance for an ancient as the horadric cube.

Upvote

This may not be work as intended i hope.

Or so, Normal Item should Be Sanctified Ancient when you use on it?

Or You Keep 2 Range of Sanctified.
Ancient and Normal.

But if you use on Ancient Item, it should Stay Ancient

2 Likes

I don’t think this works as intended. Official Patch Note says:

… Sanctifying an item reforges it to have perfect Ancient-level stats on all affixes while also preserving the item’s Legendary Power. …

No matter item is ancient or non-ancient, when Angelic Crucible used on a legendary item, it should turn into ancient with perfect stats i.e. primal ancient.

So this is undoubtedly a bug.

Screenshot showing the issue…

Both items have had a crucible used on them. The one on the left has ancient level stats, i.e. 1000 STR and VIT, whereas the one on the right has non-ancient level stats, i.e. 750 STR. Having done this on well over 50 Remorseless weapons at this point, I’ve only had a 1000 stat level item once.

8 Likes

It wouldn’t let me sanctify my non-ancient shoulders but would let me sanctify the ancient pants. So far I’ve used an average of 10 crucibles to get ancient stats on the items I’ve tried so it’s working like the normal recipe #2 in the Cube.

I’ll try sanctifying some non-ancients again and see what happens.

Update – I must’ve had one of the sneaky sub-70 set items before. Every level 70 has let me sanctify it except that first one. But they’re still about 90% non-ancient.

As with other people, I was only getting perfect regular stats, not perfect ancient stats.

But, the news everyone obviously wants to hear is that sanctified puzzled rings are still treated as ancient puzzle rings when putting them in the cube. If you’re after ancient vaults, this is the season to do so.

3 Likes

indeed, broken season theme

if you’re actually wanting the good stuff, you’re looking at a 33.33% chance (cause you want 1/3 powers) combined with the 10% roll for the item to be ancient…

that last part isn’t intended based on what was said

as it stands you have 3.3% chance to get the proper sanctified item roll

If you go and re-roll a non-ancient level Sanctified item you’ll see the max value at Myriam, 1000 STR/DEX/INT/VIT etc.
This is clearly bugged and applying the regular Legendary/Ancient drop rate.

So, like, was this even tested at all before it went to PTR?

There’s bugs, and then there’s “never really worked in the first place”

2 Likes

Well, if this is how ‘it is working as intended’ I’m going to be setting my sights on S28 and hope it’s better. Give this season a hard pass.

1 Like

it would be nice if the item stayed the same stats but just randomly rolled a new ability. I ended up going thru many of those items only to have the item turn out worse than when it dropped.

I feel like the intent is for the ‘randomization’ of the “reforge” to require more than just 3 attempts to get the final “Best in Slot” item, to help prolong the grind for ideal gear.

But the Ancient -vs- Normal, and the weird stat ranges that appear for items if you go to Enchant them at the mystic, seems to be multiple bugs at play.

1 Like

I sanctified an Ancient, and it turned it into a sh*tty non-Ancient :rofl:

I hope this is not intended.

1 Like

I had to use 51 reforges just to get an item with ancient stats…

What you are calling ancient, is an STL file, that is used to record account information. Those with a physics engine, from a previous game development program, i.e.

Not all locations have the same STL image. It is a ghost image of a location, so the proof can be later used by the factions.

The issue you’re seeing is with black damage, that is, damage with no associated element. All of the elemental damage types will show as Ancient level ranges, but black damage will always show (and be) normal level ranges. That’s where the bug is.

Screenshot clearly shows both with Poison element. It isn’t just the damage range it is the other stats such as STR and VIT as well.

They are dropping 90% as a max value legendary, not the claimed “always perfect ancient” aka Primal.

If you take one of these to the Mystic you will see the Ancient values as rolls, the issue is the 90/10/0.3% drop rates are being applied.

1 Like