Angelic Crucible - Sanctified Items Not "Ancient-Level"

On the weapons I checked at the Mystic, in every case the plain “black” damage roll was always normal legendary ranges while the elemental damage types were Ancient legendary ranges. The mainstat on the ones I’ve rolled were capped at 750 as well. I wonder if the sanctified item is using the 90/10 Normal/Ancient ratios and if the item sanctifies as “Ancient” it gets the Ancient ranges and if not, ends up with Normal ranges (with bugged elemental ranges apparently). If that’s the case, then the devs need to change the item to always roll as “Ancient” so it uses the proper values.

Its clearly a bug since the patch notes say the items will have perfect ancient stats.
The bigger clue something wrong is this:
The bug items have by default maximum stats for normal quality items which is below an ancient item minimum possible roll 750 INT on my necro 1 hand weapon when a normal ancient version at the Mystic cant roll less than 825 INT and both have max roll of 1000 INT.

Any reason a follower cannot equip a sanctified item?

I think for the same reason they can’t wear class specific gear.
I don’t think it’s an issue anyway.

The patch notes specify that followers can’t equip angelic items.

It seems to randomly change the special power event as well as the ancient level. I tried several Crucibles on an ancient item constantly converting it to ‘normal’, and then back to ‘Ancient’. I am not sure if this is intended or broken. It should keep the base as is, ie., Ancient should stay ancient and normal should stay normal.

Changing all stats including the power is normal, think of it as a page 2 cube reforge.
The main issue is the level of the item is only 10% chance of maxed Ancient, Vs what the patch notes say is to happen.

I sincerely thank you for the response, I will endeavor to be more specific and bring further clarity to how I word my posts in the future, but it was actually a question. Hence the ‘?’ at the end of the sentence.

But again thank you for taking the time to reply.

My apologies, here’s my amended response to you asking why followers can’t equip them.

Because Blizzard said so (in the patch notes).

That’s… not true at all.

Here’s a black damage item with ancient level stats:

And examples of all 6 other elements with non-ancient stats:

Arcane

Fire

Holy

Lightning

Cold

Poison

It’s just random whether it rolls with ancient stats or not.

2 Likes

At the mystic, it depends on if it rolls ancient damage or not. If it rolled ancient stats to start with, all 7 elements will reroll to primal.

If it rolled non-ancient damage, that element will show both non-ancient and ancient values in the range and all other elements will show ancient only.

Example that rolled ancient: all 7 elements show primal ancient values for reroll:

Example that rolled non-ancient w/ arcane damage: arcane shows perfect normal + perfect ancient values for reroll, all 6 other elements show perfect ancient only:

2 Likes

Then the problem is that they didn’t make it always roll ancient despite what the description says for the item in the blog.

Hence the Bug Report thread you’re in! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Looking at the screenshot above, definitely an irritating bug. The sanctified weapon’s elemental attack stat high end doesn’t even reach the starting low end of an ancient weapon.

Someone probably thought they were being clever when programming this and had it first reforge the item using the cube effect, then set its stats to the maximum for the item. Which is wild to me because there’s already an effect that guarantees an ancient primal drop: when you first complete a 70 or higher GR. That item is random, but it wouldn’t be difficult to set a specific item drop (they already do that with Leoric’s Crown).

They are not going to drop like candy from a broken machine. They will more than likely drop equivalent to that of which an Ancient drops. Not trying to be disrespectful but you sound like you’ve grown slightly accustomed to instant gratification and trying to apply it to D3 gameplay. Considering in the current state of the game that getting a Primal is interestingly long enough (along with the Primals that can’t even be used in any form of a build) these Angelic Powers from Crucible are game changers, like literally game changing abilities for most of them.

With that being said, I assure you, they aren’t going to drop like candy from a broken machine and for the sake of longetivity, I hope they don’t. That would be demonstrably game killing. Demonstrable in the way every other game that has just given game changing things away like “candy from a broken machine” has had death. And if your reply is the game is already dead or something along those lines… then shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

My reply is basically “learn to read the dates of posts on old threads”.

When I posted my comment the PTR was badly broken in several areas. We had, as usual, zero response from Blizzard on how they planned on fixing anything going forward so it was the usual game of “Guess what crazy solution they’ll come up with to hobble something together at the last minute”.

Why are you replying to a month old post? Especially when the PTR is over, and that you clearly didn’t bother to read the entire thread before posting.