Allow cow level to be made post-King kill

go away, as a veteran d2 player having the cow king being killed and not being able to make again is insane.

12 Likes

Cow King is Holy. If you kill him, you will get punished by not couldn’t open the cow level again. This is fair, but I understand the frustrating by killing him with a mistake.

But they should fix one thing. Other players shouldn’t be punished by the evil man who kill the Holy King

1 Like

What you’re not getting is that no one is actually punished because there’s an annoying walk around to be able to still make cow portal.

So they should just eliminate the fact you can’t make it when he dies to get rid of the walk around everyone’s going to do anyways

8 Likes

Ahh I didn’t know this.

Hmm, Blizzard should make a block-script If It even possible so you are not going to be able to walk around just to make cow portal.

Well that would be impossible since the walk around is just using another character that hasn’t killed the king to open the portal

What if

The person who kills the cow king will receive a punishment so that you can not open the cow portal again, but will also get a temporary Cow King Ban for trying opening with other classes in your account.

I don’t know about this idea.

Or what if they just remove the penalty.

7 Likes

Then the king will not be holy if they remove it.
Some penalty must exist.
But I really don’t know how Vicarious Visions is going to do this.
Or just let it be like It is today,
It does no harm to players

He’s not holy.
He generally drops crap and unless you’re lightning based he dies most times without you even noticing.

It does no harm to just remove the penalty

8 Likes

Did you selectively ignore the fact they said they are shipping the game with mechanics as they were but are looking for feedback from the players and are open to changing other things?

4 Likes

I’m assuming English is a 2nd+ language for you.

The King is not holy. It has never been holy. In fact he is a ‘Hell Bovine’. Literal opposite of Holy.

No penalty needs to exists. Its a loot based game and everything else is able to be killed repeatedly.

Annoyance is harm. ‘Work-arounds’ are harmful.

7 Likes

I’ll be honest, the cow king wasn’t even on my radar before, but after this thread it’s definitely one of the changes I’d like to see implemented.

Anything to get more variance in gameplay. Baal runs will still be a huge part, but cows would be nice to be able to be soloed for white items and runes.

Yes to infinite cows!

9 Likes

Definitely something that some people forgot. I actually pre-purchased D2R because I wanted to post this question. Seems like the overwhelming majority are in favor. Now to get some Vicarious Visions eyes on this.

5 Likes

Why is this even a debate?

3 Likes

You can do infinite cows, with

• lightning sorc
  • javazon
  • trapsin

That was always part of the game: with different speccs, you can farm in different areas differently well. I would not like to see this change actually.

1 Like

It was a big reason why you have to make new characters though, till this day

2 Likes

Yes that’s true, It’s my 2nd language.
Let’s see what Vicarious Visions do about this, but I hope It doesn’t change.

One thing they actually can do is to give the person who killed the king penalty.
It’s not hard to make a new character.

1 Like

Not only endless moo, make a 2nd version of the cow level that are harder and give more xp

1 Like

i can understand the original reason behind cows being limited to once per difficulty per character. it was because of the insane experience but that was nerfed years ago. no reason to limit entry anymore, especially in a remaster.

9 Likes

This is such a small tweak and there is already a work around - getting another character to make cows for you that you. I don’t want anything that touches core gameplay and this does not.

Please make this QOL change.

7 Likes