About Time...Marauder Changes

Happy with the changes to Marauder. I really enjoyed the old playstyle where the Turrets auto-targeted. And now that they are buffed, I’m really looking forward to playing this set again. Never could get into N6M4.

1 Like

Don’t get yourself so excited though. The buffed M6 is ridiculously strong. I’m afraid it will get nerfed after the ptr, or at least after S25. I just hope they don’t nerf it to the ground, like they did with other sets.

As excited as I am about this change, I don’t think the old rocket based M6 build will make a return if sentry CA attacks are buffed by Hellcat Waistguards. It’s gonna be raining a lot of grenades I reckon.

Guess we’re going to have to see if the likes of Hellcat, Yangs, DML, etc is going to buff the sentries’ spender attacks.

If not, I foresee Kridershot being used as a means to apply chill on enemies and proc Wraps of Clarity.

Now the real question is… can I get use to a slower playstyle for DH again after GoD?

I can’t believe they brought back one of my most favorite builds! Like I’m in shock!!

I wouldn’t get too excited yet. They’re bringing back the concept but the build will likely change. I was watching Wudijo’s patch notes vid and his thoughts was the same as mine in that we likely won’t see multi spender builds… just a single spender due to all the multipliers (though, he thinks MS will be the way to go). Single spender isn’t very interesting to me but I’m cautiously optimistic at the moment.

I bet you’ll want to fire Spenders the whole time for attack speed purposes and you won’t even notice the autocast spenders until you start casting your own generator to recoup Hatred.

You know, I’m really hoping that Sentries’ cast of spenders won’t be buffed by multipliers for other skills… instead, buff Bombardier’s Rucksack and we can also use Odyssey’s End to buff the sentries’ attacks.

I’m envisaging builds with the following skills composition:

• Entangling Shot
  • Cluster Arrow or Multishot
  • Companion
  • Sentry
  • Smoke Screen or Vault
  • Vengeance

Yangs and Cindercoat. RCR > everything

Personally, I don’t care about the numbers or GR levels. I’m just happy that the auto-firing sentries are back, and they unnerfed them. I loved the old Marauder set, and was so upset when they nerfed it that I stopped playing for a couple of months.

Welcome back. Seriously, can’t wait for the new patch.

Now, they still have to do something about its speed. One small fix: Blizzard, if you are listening, for heaven’s sake, have the ferret’s movement speed increase go above the 25% cap. It’s such a small change, but would be a definite welcome.

1 Like

Bombardier’s Rucksack should be changed from giving 2 additional sentries to summon sentries in pairs.

This will increase sentries from 5 to 6 but importantly allow you to quickly summon sentries to activate 6 piece set bonus

I was actually going to try GoD in the next season, but I think I’m going to play with Marauder’s again. Going Cluster Arrow / Rockets though, even if it’s far from being the best.

That could be a real option for Cluster Arrow. I never did get to testing happens when you have 130% Sentry Skill + 30% Cluster Arrow + 150% Odyssey end.

They already fixed the 4-piece dmg bonus. So now the sentries dmg is flat 12000%.

Trash change to the build. Completely ruins any fun N6M4 builds immediately.

I think I’ll mess with EA: Frost Arrow for AD trash kill.

I particularly like the change. It makes sense that they’d try to make Marauder’s the pre-eminent sentry build though. For too long, N6/M4 was a better sentry build than the set that was supposed to built around sentries.

I’m thinking they’ll have to up damage % of the 6 piece on account of this though.

I doubt it, as they will just count the added attack speed as the dps increase.

The real question is if the sentry fire will proc effects, as it will no longer be proc/proc limited.

I’m thinking I’m going to mess around with a Chakram Marauder build now. The new ethereal sword transmogs look pretty cool and I like running around with a shield on my DH ( Makes for some cool transmog configurations). Yang’s and DML will probably still be the best way to go with the set but if I’m going to go with a weak wield at least my character will look cool doing it. LOL!

Cold Rocket Multishot will do crazy damage at 7.5 aps with dml and ballistics.

I sooooo hope something different breaks through however.

Deff testing M4/HPS interaction to see if they fixed it.

Maybe an auto-fire turret to just run interference for a M6 Hungering Arrow build…:thinking:

It turns M6 into what N6M4 was. This is better because there is now extra flexibility with jewelry, weapons, hybrid sets and more.

Got a question for dmkt though…

Is upping Sword of Ill Will from 1.0-1.4 to 20-25% per point of Hatred still in the ballpark of getting a Chakram build off the ground?

Edit: Never mind found the answer in another thread.