A "Re" Without The "Master" - Alpha Review & Attitude Concerns

Exactly. The game is now in that state what Blizz promised for us.

“Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.”

Well somebody cant handle reality.

Also very true. It’s just need some polishment and the fun can begin.

2 Likes

That doesn’t change the fact that while the Alpha was running, and even now, there is a very large amount of threads threatening refunds over dumb, minor changes, harassing people for asking for changes, or worse, complaining and harassing streamers for getting access over “the real fans”. The sheer quantity of people who thought that playing D2 entitled them to trying the Alpha out, to the point they started harassing and insulting streamers, wow.

Agreed, feeling entitled to the alpha makes very little sense. And I totally understand why they went for streamers. But these threads are such a minority, man, relative to all the people talking about D2R on the internet.

2 Likes

I had the chance to play the Alpha and I share this feeling !
I’m really happy with the current D2R (excepted some minor feedback at Diablo II: Resurrected | Beta - Diablo 3 Forums).

Btw, you can notice that this reserved forum contains more facts than debates, fortunately ^^

I can’t wait to play the release, I’m so excited !
Hopefully it will be… “SOON” ( © Blizzard :wink: )

1 Like

ALL purists were new players once.

So, yes, some new players might leave, but others will stay and become the new community. You can’t alienate those people.

Well, my personal approach would be IF they make changes, they should just make a 3rd version (besides Classic and LoD)

But besides that - there are thousands of games out there who follow modern principles. This is a remaster of a 20 year old game and there are good reasons to not make it a copy of these games.

4 Likes

I am happy you made this post. Not because I agree with every point you made, but the over all tone should help the toxic “fans” to tone it down a notch. Someone already reminded you that this is a “tech Alpha” so that should take care of your worst criticism directed at the devs.

My position is I can still play this game in the original form, I can get on D2R, or I can play Project Diablo 2. No one is forcing me to play this game however they re-make it. So, in the end the devs are going to do their best to consider what we may say (which is usually x% want this change and x% will hate this very change) and make what they think is the best most faithful version they want to make!

Damn now even my brother says he probably won’t bother with the remaster because they’re not doing enough with QoL improvements. He says he’ll just play PoE’s new leagues. I probably won’t even bother picking up the console version of D2R then. The purists are really going to have this game a wasteland.

1 Like

I feel there will be a lot more QoL improvements after launch.

2 Likes

I sure hope so. Vanilla D2 is great for a playthrough, but without more stuff being added, the novelty is going to wear off after a ladder or two. I think Blizzard should honestly just have two realms at this point. One for the QoL stuff announced now and another with more improvements.

Agreed. I’m a compulsive min/ maxer, so I don’t need much to make me happy. I’ll be happy with no rampant cheating and a shared stash, but I do recognize the clean feel of charm inventory and stacked gems, etc. I do not see a problem with a new realm, the player base is going to be big enough.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a confirm button, with attribute and skill point distribution. No one wants to accidentally hold shift+click and put ALL their points into something. I accidentally did this when I used a respec, so I actually had to use an additional respec.

I accidentally put ALL points into vitality, I was like… F***!!
That character was basically useless until I got essences.

PoE? You mean that game where in every new league 4-6 days after the launch i can farm tier 16 maps and basicly the whole screen is deletabale with 1 button and the only reason why shaper and other bosses dont die in 3 seconds cus there is a forced invulnerability phase for the bosses? The game where the powercreep is even bigger than in diablo 3? Ok.

1 Like

this x100000

1. No, its become a place where vets are defending the great game that they kept alive for 2 decades and the entire reason the remaster got made in the first place. You seeing it as “poisonous” only shows you have little understanding of what is actually upsetting the fans and don’t actually “get” anything. You see peoples defense as “toxic” because you are soft and think anyone not being super nice about the mutilating of a once legendary game is bad, when its honestly 100% necessary. The random joes demanding change COULD ruin this game if not drowned out by us hardcore fans.

2. Streamers were only given access to market the game and a lot of them INSULTED it and then started playing WoW. again, you have NO CLUE what you’re talking about and trying to paint everything with a broad negative brush to make your side appear like its the “right” side.

3. As said by Tuzz, new players are the toxic ones who will pick this up for 2 weeks and then their ADD will kick in and they go to another game. Not caring that their demands for changes and making everything easier ruined it for the entire devoted fan base.

4. The D2 veterans defending the game to prevent changes are ALSO the same people who shower new players with free gear and HRs. Making your entire OP even more clueless to whats going on. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

I mean you could say the same thing about any ARPG once you get fully geared. I do wish PoE wasn’t so zoom zoom though. It happens with D2 once you get enigma though also.

You must be really no lifing it to be obliterating T16 maps on day 3 though.

I can say that in almost every arpg that is true. But the main difference is that you cant do this in d2 in new ladder after 1 week.

Just read some (ok you need some deep diging) guide and get 2-3 friend to play with. You can then also do the same thing. I have 2 kids so trust me im not having so much time. Ofc i must talk with my wife to be more patience for 1 week when new league is coming. I admit this. xD

I approve of your brothers decision.

well, the remaster is that third version. Classic and LoD are not going away.

Regardless, some changes are necessary, like bug fixes. While other changes might not be necessary, but they are surely welcomed, like gold auto-pickup.

I’ve been playing D2 + LoD since 2005 and still play to this day, and quite honestly, this is sad when I come on the forums and see all these refund threats, if you didn’t think things were going to change in anyway and just the textures on the ground were going to look different and you’d be able to play in 1080p+ Then why bother PRE-PURSCHASING the game or even buying it all, don’t like it, don’t buy it.

I am dying to play this game for full release, changes or not, I have loved this game since I picked it up and will love it till I die probably.

2 Likes

Not sure if that reaction was supposed to be for me since you quoted soneone else.

Anyway, i didnt say anywhere that i even consider canceling my preorder. I will buy and play even when they just change graphics. But i would like to see additional attention to certain things which need improvement or fixing because i want the remaster to be good.