A "Re" Without The "Master" - Alpha Review & Attitude Concerns

I disagree. I would love for new players to fall in love with how the game IS.

You all sound like the naïve girlfriend who thinks she can get him to change into what she wants. They either love a game many have loved for decades, or they don’t. If they don’t, who cares.

2 Likes

What are you on about? Are you some kind of game reformist, trying to steer this remaster into a remake that tries to please everyone and ends up pleasing no one?

D2 is a defined game which caters to a specific audiance. New casual noobs need to accept it for what it is or move on with their lives. I am not going to lose any sleep over that some Fortnite kids can’t get into the game LMAO!

3 Likes

what a terrible way to lose all your credibility.

Please show me one comparison where the classic is objectively better, where if we went and asked 100 people, where the majority would say the classic version is aesthetically more pleasing.

I understand what youre trying to convey, but using extreme exaggerations do not help your case, and only cause the people you want to read your post, to skip it in order to find one not written in hyperbole.

blizzard is actually hitting a higher approval rate, but if the only place youre trying to source opinions is third party sites like jsp, then yes… youre going to find an echo chamber that praises the original.

Also, at the time of you writing this, skill showcases have been made largely available for each class on youtube. So I’m curious about how much you actually invested into this line of thought, before laying your thoughts and opinions on the forums (thats what they are, subjective thoughts and opinions.

I’m happy to tell you, that if youre so displeased with the modernized graphics and you feel they pale so much to the originals, all you need to do is press “G” (default binding) and the game will toggle “Classic” graphics.

Hope this helped, much love drium.

1 Like

I think that just shows you didn’t look at them at all! And you didn’t spend a weekend playing with them, either.

Most of the ice spells look outright terrible, with some, like Blizzard (ironic), looking worse in this remaster than they did in the remake. The frost/frozen/freeze effect also looks really, really bad. It’s a blue saturation filter in the worst way possible, which is odd considering D3 nailed that effect.

There are also MANY complaints about lightning spells; some look less dangerous and less lethal overall, have been shrunk in size, and the blue vs white coloring is a hot debate.

I’m not going to make a complete list for you. The threads are out there, the videos are out there. You’re the one who needs to do their homework. =)

Smh your just wrong in so many ways.

Good post. I agree with a lot of what you said. Some of it sounds a little dramatic, we are all sick of the toxic #no changes people, but most of it is spot on.
I’m hopeful they will work on the game between here and release. I got into the alpha too and the movement did feel a little clunky but I started to get used to it before the end. Only really got one full day of playtime in too so it didn’t take long.

I rekon it’ll be fine anyhow gtg bb :slight_smile:

I think there are only a few skills where the overwhelming majority thinks they need more work.

Blizzard
Lightning Fury
Holy Shield (probably still in development)

You are wrong, pleople that wants the gameplay to remain as it is, like me, are the ones that still play it in the present. When i say play it, i mean play diablo 2, not any of those mods out there that are not diablo 2. The guys that played the game 20y ago can barely remember the game and wont be playing it more than a few days.

1 Like

I have seen some of the streamers complain about the spell effects. I am not sure if they are taking everything into consideration however. Yes, some effects may be a little more subdued. However, Diablo 2 puts more characters on screen (8) than most if not all of the modern aRPGs like D3 (4) and PoE (6). In addition to 8 characters you also have up to 8 Mercs as well as minions from the Druid and Necro, not to mention the monsters.

Diablo 2 Ressurrected is already pretty demanding on hardware. What is it going to be like with 8 characters on screen using and casting spells? Is it going to kill your FPS? If all those spells were bolder would it make the screen a huge mess of effects obscuring monsters, players and loot drops? The more stuff that has to be rendered, the bigger the impact on performance and visuals. There may be a very good reason why Vicarious Visions is showing restraint with the individual spell effects.

P.S. I agree that the Blizzard effect is not very good but I never really liked the original one either. I always thought that instead of falling ice comets it should look more like a wind driven snowstorm. However, that might also tank FPS so I will be reasonable in my demands.

1 Like

Yes exactly what I was thinking about. We should wait to see it in action with more people on screen. In the end it will be maybe even batter than orgininal to not have so many shiny effect on screen.

You can criticize me when you stop being a stalker and looking for threads I post in to harass and insult me. =) Though at the rate you’re going I suspect that’ll be handled shortly and I won’t have to worry about it anymore.

Nice job proving my point btw.

In my opinion D2R is almost perfect in its current state, there is not much to do for the Dev Team.
Now to all the Change Requester: Why do you think Blizzard remastered D2 Classic aswell ? because of nostalgia reasons and because classic is what it is right? Yes, and same applies to LoD Vanilla. It was remastered for nostalgia reasons. LoD in D2R is not meant to be a “balanced” LoD.
Also MrLlama perfectly concluded: It is good to have “bad” skills ! because actually thats what it is, its about having skills that are a challenge to play. And come on, none of the skills in D2 is really THAT bad, they are just not as efficient as others. But they also dont need to be. Same applies to Items btw.
D2 Classic is not perfectly balanced either and following this “we have to balance” logic, devs should balance Classic too right? but then there is not even a reason to add Classic to D2R anymore, so why did they even add it .
I know you dont want to hear D3 comparisons but D3 is a perfect example of a Life-Time-Try to balance the game. each 3 months we see massive changes because low skills/items became too weak and because nerfing is a bad behaviour, everything just gets buffed and buffed and more buffed but till today we clearly notice the gap between good and bad skills/items became even bigger.
We will always have Meta Builds for both PvM and PvP, there is NO way to fix this since every spell is too unique.

i would be ok for balance changes in Mods or maybe in a DLC but not in the core game

1 Like

Aha so you going to tell i’m not allowed to search on other threads? Lol? Who do you think you are?

So if i call a maphacker and pickit user a cheater that is insult? I’m rly like when a cheater plays the victim card. xD

Your point is that you want ploot cus without it you cant get any item in the game. Thats why you want everywhere changes. If there are enough changes then you hope that blizz also makes ploot. You are rly simple.

Thank you for continuing to prove my point over and over. =)

Crying on the forum 7/24 is not a point. But you had nice part demolishing d2 with your hacks. I still can remember how hard you bashed the hackers in your earlyer post. You know before you decided to hide your forum posts. Grow up little cheater.

This thread: wow the community has a huge issue with harassment, bullying and disdain for non-hardcore purist players.

Jani: I’m gonna show them this thread is wrong by harassing and bullying the OP!

Brilliant move. Not sure the forum mods will agree, but brilliant strategy.

im sure it will be same as POE and all the diablo 2 private servers, most people come back for every reset then stop playing after a month or so till next reset pretty normal, playing for 3-4 months straight is not what most people do these days even in POE that has endless end game and content like half the people stop playing 2-3 weeks in.

Jeez, the people refunding over some vfx they dont like are such an incredibly small minority. You say “purists” are giving so much hate? Ive seen so many posts celebrating D2R, including mine - there is not a problem here. The gaming journalists loved D2R. Ive seen the vast majority of people so impressed and pleased by the D2R alpha. It has been a huge success.

You have always wanted big changes to D2, and now youre trying to paint this picture of disaster if D2R remains faithful to D2. It’s obvious you dont really enjoy many of D2’s gameplay mechanics. Sorry, but that’s ok. Meanwhile, articles are being written everywhere about how awesome it is D2R has retained D2’s soul.

Im incredibly happy with D2R after the alpha, and the general sentiment is it all looks great. You are calling a beautiful day a horrible storm with this post.

11 Likes

Just because you think it’s beautiful out doesn’t invalidate the opinions and observations of people who don’t agree, and there are tons.

1 Like

Who cares? While we have time, we are giving vfx feedback. It does not mean everyone is refunding, as your post suggests. The vast majority of people critiquing vfx are generally deeply satisfied with D2R. You are casting this alpha as having had some calamitous outcome when most people are generally quite happy with it. So – no man, there is not a problem here.

1 Like