A Good Take on Personal Loot & Loud Purists

I love how people manipulate Rod’s tweet.
They quote tweet when he mentioned it could be in somewhere along the way and by this he started a storm within D2 fans.

What you should quote along this tweet is that LATER he tweeted twice that it’s not happening and it’s just discussion.

1 Like

Yep, that is reason two I blocked him. He edits it like that to change the narrative as the conversation goes, absolute intellectual dishonesty.

we could use what plotters always say (most toxic ppl in forums) :laughing: plotters have replaced us here now haha

1 Like

If a post is edited there will be a small pencil icon near the timestamp of the post. One can also hover over that pencil icon to see the exact timestamp of that post. I do edit posts oto fix typos and grammatical errors. The idea that someone mass edits a post is easily verifiable and refutable.

1 Like

As an example if you check this post, you will see the small pencil icon indicating it was edited and at what time.

Isn’t that always the case.
D2 is a fairly easy game, but some people have build up a story about its perceived difficulty. Making changes, unrelated to the difficulty as they might be, are met with resistance because they risks revealing how the game was not difficult. How stuff like FFA clicking did not make the game more “challenging”.

I wonder if it will be the same story as WoW Classic. Where the game came out, and those people who had told themselves how much harder WoW was originally… well, had a reality check.

The idea that a poll need to cover 100% of the group it is trying to measure :open_mouth:

500-1000 would be enough. A few thousand would be nice for crosstabs though.

Indeed. Diablo 2 is literally Free Handouts: The Game.

Your right the game is super easy. So is FFA loot and gearing. Thanks for making my point that ploot is not needed and would only expedite the play time for most to 2 weeks.

FFA and gearing is 95% of end game.

You are the best ! Thx

The minority of purists ? Interesting, i’m pretty sure we are the majority. Anyway, ploot is not gonna happen , deal with it and stop making random topics which won’t help. Ploot is dead, now make a youtube video and complain about the purists

Ploot has nothing to do with easy or hard, and never has. So FFA being easy does not make Ploot less relevant.
It is just a quality of life change, that people might choose based on preferences. Not easier, not harder, not better, not worse.

Lol, no. Gearing is ~95% of endgame (well, it is a bit unfair to PvP, but it will have to do). FFA is basically nothing. Heck, as people correctly say, solo is a lot more relevant for gearing, and FFA doesn’t exactly matter there.

Thanks. There are other good people out there in the world, but I am aware that I am up there at least.

1 Like

Gearing is everything. You admitted its already too easy. So why would ploot be a thing.

Thanks buddy! Your admission was all I needed.

Ploot doesn’t make gearing easier. It is all in your head.
Gearing should not be easier.

Ploot crowd want higher drop chances. When baal drops you nothing for 10 runs because ploot is horrible. You will come running for % change.

So yes the game is easy as you mentioned with FFA. No need to change it.

Diablo 3 loot style, so everyone is living in his personal loot space, no need to increase drop rates then.

Hehe they need a safe bubble.

Nonsense lies.

Agreed. We should not make D2 even easier.
Ploot should be added as an alternative loot rule, that would not affect the games difficulty.

1 Like

To me it seems that you are completely off sense of the point of this tweet. It is clearly stated that they discuss. Why would there be a discussion if it is not happening? Just say it won’t happen and this is it, the topic closed. But they discuss, which means there is no final decision on it. And he also said that at least no ploot on launch. So, currenlty, the topic is open, and ploot could be implemented in the next update or in one year, or never, it is not yet known.

1 Like

So true. I highly doubt its just a loud minority whos against ploot. Im also against ploot and im not posting on reddit or youtube at all, here I made about 3 posts in this forum…

I pre-ordered the game because it was called Remaster with QoL changes. I loved the original game and will love D2R too when I recognize the authentic feel of the game.
Ploot is NO QoL change. It would massively change the feel of the game and the market economy.

2 Likes

Ploot or not I am fine with either.

Most people are gonna be playing alone or with friends where they will happily hand it off.

Do you think personal loot means up to 8x drops in an 8 player game?

Personal loot makes the game easy for scrubs. It changes the entire game. Dont care if its 10x 100x or 1000x the loot.

Nobody cares bro