A Good Take on Personal Loot & Loud Purists

Not this guy’s biggest fan, but i like his take on the implementation of ploot and also about the loud minority of purists who want zero changes.

15 Likes

Yep, I loved that part, it’s so true. Truth hurst doesn’t it :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

The OG didnt really get vocal until the pressure set in to discuss it.
Everyone is being so soft after some resistance finally popped up.
Went from Amazon, to Pootlooters real fast.
Pootlooters even have youtube influencers addressing it, woo woo.
Should of launched it OG like advertised, then adjusted for the commuinty opinion.

1 Like

Loud minority. Lol this guy

5 Likes

We just need a D2R skin on PD2. I’d pay double.

2 Likes

Half the people don’t follow streamers or these forums. They purchased on the notion that the game would be true to classic with SOME qol of changes.

Wait until the masses find out.

9 Likes

Pretty sure the masses don’t give a damn about extensive changes. Modern games are at the point they are today because they cater to the masses. I’ll bet more people will be like “ah , nice addition” than “those bastards lied to me”. Safe to assume that people who do not follow any D2R discussion by now are not purists by any standard. Pretty sure they purchased on the notion that they’d feel like they’re 12 years old again slamming fallen with a cudgel.

2 Likes

I don’t give a flying bone fetish’s backside what is in that video.

8 Likes

I’d say most people will play the game, celebrate a bit, and vent their complaints to their friends that play. Then they’ll either continue playing and huff for a bit, soon getting over it, or they’ll move on to the next thing. I expect MANY tourists to this game.

4 Likes

Yep, a lot of tourism, just like classic wow.

3 Likes

Imagine, being shocked that a remaster of an old game, will be the old game thats being remastered. Then being angry and dismissive of the people, that 1) want the remastered old game and 2) want what the company is advertising the product as.

VV stated they were nervous about auto gold, removed console inventory list changes, because they felt it changed the Feel of the game to much.

But people hear “We want community feedback” and there brain goes to Lahlah land.

They will add new Acts, New Classes, New Loot Distribution Systems, Maps and Rift system!

Like How out of touch with what the devs have said about how Unwilling to make even small changes are people.

Devs arent even fixing bugs that negatively affect the player experience, always miss, Fend and Fury.

Yet people are screaming for massive system overhauls and additions to the game.

At what point, did a remaster of a game change from remastering the Game.

When you remaster a song, you dont start adding lyrics. When you remaster a movie, you dont recast the actors and actresses.

People claim to the moon “There isnt an official definition of video game remaster!” But lets Face Facts. You know it when you see it. And giant system changes and additional content to a game isnt a remaster.

Classic Gameplay — the same Diablo 2 you know and love, Preserved.

24 Likes

I don’t mind changes. I don’t want ploot. See the difference. QoL and balancing is fine.

Ploot is not for d2

22 Likes

I have an answer. People are idiots :slight_smile:

3 Likes

your ok with changes, balance, quality of life.

You aint ok with system reworks.

3 Likes

You got it ! 20 char

2 Likes

This is exactly why I pre-ordered it. Literally everything you wrote here. I was shocked to see how many complaints there are for it not being something that was advertised.

Shortly after pre-ordering, I started browsing D2 subreddit and forums after seeing some weird conversations happening about it and now I’m sucked into the vortex of arguing semantics with adult-children who want to overhaul the game and claim otherwise.

Maybe that’s my issue, since I don’t have kids, I’m not practiced in the art of ignoring them like a strong parent would.

I played off and on (mostly on) since D1 release, got D2 the second my parents could afford it and don’t understand what the issue is with it. Sure, some things aren’t balanced but what game is?

Every season/patch/update has balance changes. Major content changes are expansions. But even to go way back, I can load my original CD up and play vanilla SP. And fn enjoy it.

It was and is unbelievably good. Not perfect but good enough that I don’t think any of these overhauls are necessary. I got into poe, grim dawn, d3, wolcen, and others and none of them came close to what this game still is.

I mean, I still have Black and White 2 original CD and I play it often. No patches, no fixes, nada. It’s one of my top 3 favorites and that isn’t even perfect.

If it ain’t broke…just reskin it.

5 Likes

I think the anti-change crowd are also completely out of touch with reality of what VV IS willing to do though. The changes suggested in their recent survey are pretty huge:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/pcnmqh/d2r_new_blizzard_email_survey_questions/

(not ploot though. still don’t need that. :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

The NO CHANGES crowds a myth. That group is really, a “I am happy with whats been promised” Crowd.

I want the shared stash. I want the No Character Expire, I want the Global Servers, I want the New Graphics. I want what the company is literally marketing the game as.

I dont want system overhauls. Giant additions of content that arent in the game, thats being remastered.

6 Likes
Version Population (EU + NA) Definition
1.08 - 1.10 ~400,000 Loud minority
1.10 - 1.14 ~40,000 Silent majority
3 Likes

I’m stealing that. If it ain’t broke reskin it.

Qol changes are fine. Ploot and core mechanics are not.

People complaining about picket want ploot which is basically pickit. I do the work you get free loot. How fun.

2 Likes