đź‘Ť A Diablo 4 Trading System That Will Work

I want to see an anonymous trading board in the game. A trade board that enhances the D2 trade system but eliminates real money item selling and 3rd party websites like jsp and discord. I want to see this board work like a store. The only way to trade is to purchase other players items with gold you’ve farmed in game and gold you’ve made selling your own items in your own store. I want to see all the gear bound to an account except when in game and the other player was partied with you when the item dropped. The only other way to trade items is via the store I mentioned. Each character on the account can access and use the store. Gold made form an item goes directly to the character that first found it, no sharing gold between characters.

Separate from this store and also not in Sanctuary is an armoury which all our characters can access. This armoury is our muling system for the account. We leave Sanctuary and if we need to mule we go to our armoury and deposit what we want to keep and then go to our store and put up for sale what we want to sell. The items in the armoury can be shared among all the characters on the account, non ladder and ladder being the exception.

Make drops completely random like D2 LoD, make it so each character has it’s own drops in game and make it so the game is completely playable using only SSF.

Edit: Blizzard sets the price of the items like they do with the NPC shops.

DeMasked adds a good idea to mine.

Another option: I wondered if binding gold and items to a character would work, and the only way to trade would be in a trade window where items are traded for gold, but the price of the item is preset by Blizzard. The only way to obtain gold would be to hunt monsters, pop chests and selling items. Make the drops of items and gold very low, but make the game completely end game playable as SSF. As well, make gold part of crafting, repairs and gambling. Gold would be a very valuable resource, but not tradable and not farm-able, we would have to grind for it.

4 Likes

If I have a nice item stashed and my friend starts to play a class that can use it, I want to be able to give it to him.

That’s why non restricted trade, without any complex systems is the way to go.

Also, a trading board is similar to an auction house. It makes buying and selling gear too easy, which brings focus on trading for gear instead of killing monsters.

With a simple trading system, without any way to search an ingame database for the item you are looking for, such as an auction house or market, it helps keep the main focus on killing monsters. If you give people an auction or market, they will use it a lot.

9 Likes

You need to kill monsters to gather gold and items. You need items to sell in your store and gold to buy other player’s items. This idea isn’t an action house, it is an economy based on in game work–grinding and killing monsters.

There is nothing worse for the game than an experienced player equipping a new player to the game. It makes for a whole lot of bad players like we see in D2 LoD.

I could see this being easily exploited by gold sellers for cash.

For that reason, I’m out.

2 Likes

How do you sell gold for real money if it is bound to the character?

How do you prevent the game from becoming about how to best and most efficiently farm currency?

• Website advertises 50B gold for $19.95
  • The buyer lists his crappy gray boots for 50B gold.
  • Gold seller buys them for 50B gold.
5 Likes

Gold can only be used to buy items when logged into the game via the anonymous store, and all gold is bound to the characters. What you said is impossible with my system. Did you not read or listen to my original post?

Blizzard simply places the value for each item like they do with NPCs.

1 Like

This idea sucks. Sucks so badly that there is no chance of it ever being implemented.

5 Likes

That’s even worse than your original idea where you never included this caveat by the way.

Keep adding and changing things - maybe it will work.

1 Like

You sound like someone who wants to sell Blizzard’s ip for real money.

How is it worse?

That is what the exploration of ideas is meant to do.

That’s because you guys are presenting problems and I’m looking for solutions to the problems.

Free trade is not open for compromise for many of us. It’s free trade or D4 is already worse than D2 & PoE; at least from a longevity standpoint. I don’t want to spend the time learning the game, get my friends on board; just for it to die out in a couple years. Having a trade economy is important in a dungeon crawler.

My decision to buy D4 will be determined by whether or not there will be free trade.

Soulbound property does not belong in Diablo. D3 ruined the franchise; and they will fail at winning our hearts back if they choose to retain qualities of D3 many of us hated.

9 Likes

My idea will make for an enduring game with an awesome legit economy, free trade will destroy it.

1 Like

What a ludicrous phrase; considering the longest living RPG’s have free, unrestricted trade.

3 Likes

It’s not ludicrous, you’re inability to see where my idea will lead is what would be ludicrous. D2 is not enduring because of free trade, it is enduring because it is an amazing game with great depth, but it has a serious problem with exploits do to it’s free trade economy.

1 Like

Why do you think free trade will ruin the game?

2 Likes

The original idea is so bad and I don’t even want to comment it, but some kind of “fair apprisal system” needs to be there if an AH-style open trading is to be allowed.

The point is that AH-style is wrong. AH is necessary in WoW-like MMORPG because a small group of people can’t efficiently generate everything needed when playing the game.

There is no need for AH in an ARPG because even one person should be able to somehow-efficiently generate everything needed, otherwise it’s a design failure.

AH only reduced people’s relation, not enhancing it. Without AH to help my friend build a new charcter we may need to play together for a while, at least I need to ask what he wants. With AH I only need to give him some gold.

No AH No apprisal open trading like D2 may be the most elegent solution if trading has to be implemented.

This does allow RMT with 3rd party, but anything preventing it is like DRM - people who want RMT find a way to workaround it and lawful people get punished.

If RMT has to be eliminated or minimized, D3 style “trading” is already good enough.

2 Likes

It’s worse because it beats the whole point of an economy. Items are priced based on supply and demand. Not some arbitrary number blizzard assigns to it. There would be no difference to simply selling it to an NPC. You miss the whole point we want trade.

3 Likes

By tying the best places to experience grind to the best places to get loot and gold. I sure it can be easily figured out.