👍 A Diablo 4 Trading System That Will Work

Nah. There are rmt options in D3 where they play the game on your account to get the item you need. Same could still be done. Also there is selling of fully geared accounts. You didn’t remove rmt. You made it on par with D3 with an even worse system.

What I’ve suggested doesn’t at all resemble D3, but resembles the spirit of what the D2 developers wanted trading to be in that game. My suggestion is open trading in game, you just don’t know who you’re buying and selling with, all item prices are set by Blizzard and only in game gold can be used as the currency. As far as account selling goes that is easily preventable, Blizzard just need to change some bnet account requirements to prevent it.

You sure are full of yourself huh? “Resembles the spirit of what the D2 developers…” What you posted is probably the worse idea I have seen on these forums.

The implementation is definitely different than D3 but the result on rmt is the same. It still exists.

I’m just going to guess you are trolling at this point. No way you actually think this is an actual good idea.

If you’re trying to insult me because of my self confidence, you’re doing nothing to harm me, but you are exposing your own lack of self respect.

That’s not self confidence. That’s just egotistical. I’m just calling it. It’s just one of those “who do you think you are” moments. You definitely aren’t someone who can claim that your idea “resembles the spirit of what D2 developers wanted trading to be in that game”… your idea is just fascism in video game form.

How would prices reflect the item’s worth when you have different affixes / etc… that can increase or decrease the item’s value?

Perhaps it should be like Gheed’s system in that you buy the item without knowing about the stats at all. Price would need to reflect this of course and re-selling the item would decrease it’s value.

Thanks Dr Kasey, I’m confident that my idea will work. I just wouldn’t work with you in charge.

Actually I am. I play the game and I trade in game only item for item, which is what the D2 developers wanted. My suggestion for D4 is an evolved version that prevents item binding and prevents RMT like in D2.

Actually, not even close, it is in game capitalism, what you want is theft according to Blizzard’s EULA.

I await your next failed character assassination attempt.

No one sees the stats, they just see that it is a specific item like soj ring. We buy items like it was gambling, but the items up for gamble are items put up by other players. Prices are set, too, by Blizzard. I like it.

Yeah. A market on supply and demand is theft lol. And a market where the blizzard controls what you sell and buy items for is capitalism.

RMT of Blizzard’s items is illegal and is theft.

Our economy in game is capitalism, and everything in the game is owned by Blizzard, including the items, what we type and the economy. Blizzard would be selling us a game with this economy, they will not be selling us the jsp type of fascist economy.

I think this could work as you’d have zero idea who you are buying from which stops any sort of Real Money Item Selling or Gold Selling.

Since it would in fact be random and not knowing what you get the prices would need to be relatively cheap say for a Base Legendary Item but for the higher tiered items it would get more expensive (but you’d have better access to Gold Accumulation via high level dungeons/challenges/end game).

If Legendary Items / Set Items have certain Affixes that will always be on that item then those could be revealed. Example: ??? Attack Power (or Defense Power), +3 Random Affixes and * Meteor Casts Twice. You would only see the ability the item is centering on so players can more easily buy items that they want to use for a specific build.

There should also be some sort of Crafting System so if you get a rather bad item that you don’t like you can break it down and perhaps gain materials to eventually craft that item again for a far cheaper price. Alternative option would be re-selling the item on the market but it would lose Gold Value.

edit: Also Blizzard / Diablo 4 better not sell Gold for Real Money. AAA Price for the initial game with a Store Set Up with some Cosmetics that only cost Gold and then maybe a few weeks / a month later they start adding Fairly Priced Cosmetics to the game which can eventually have discounts / deals.

edit2: By Fairly Priced I mean like 1 Cosmetic should be like $1.00-$2.00 or something.

1 Like

Let your creativity flow!

If we can only carry 100k gold and the most expensive items are 50K, this will mean a player will have to sell more items and grind more kills to get more gold to buy another 50k item.

If mid items only sell for 1k and the most a monster can drop is 250 gold then this will require a lot of work and some time to get enough gold to buy another BiS item.

No to trading board, that would cause the drop rate to be bad. Due to drops having to be tuned around the existence of some sort AH. Where it would mean that you would be forced to play the trading game just to get decent gear to progress.

1 Like

Gold would be account bound so you’d have to earn it via playing the game and not some market AH.

1 Like

Not even in the slightest. Drop rates would be just as insanely low as in D2 and gold accumulation would also be insanely slow going.

As long as gold is account bound then I have nothing to worry about concerning this topic or the other one on buying power because of gambling.

My suggestion is making gold character bound. We can share items with our other characters but not the gold.

So your contention is that games like Grim Dawn and Pillars of Eternity aren’t worth playing, simply because they don’t have a trade economy?

You do realize that only like 3 ARPGs have ever had an economy, right? D2, D3, and PoE. That’s it as far as I know.

That is not exactly an A-RPG.
I think other A-RPGs technically have trading too.
Grim Dawn got trading afaik. Just isn’t used particularly much, especially when there are no shared servers, so people who would want to trade can just go for the even easier solution of cheating.

In any case, no, trading surely does not seem important for a dungeon crawler. All the games that have had trading support, would have been better without it.

I think if an item is gambled for 50K the person who is selling it should only get 5% of the 50K gold. Gold should be hard to obtain but easily spent.

terrible idea… the entire concept is Auction house again…

free trade needs to happen… Blizzard can control everything about trading though at the same time… limiting how many trades a player can make per week…

cooldown on trades to limit the amount of trades we can do is already 100000 times better than your idea of a new Auction house