[2.7.0] List of GoD DH Rework Ideas

Just gotta quote this to help insure dmkt sees it. =)

Anyhow tho. M6 from what I remember, is tanky as hell. I’m not sure of his build entirely but I’m willing to bet the tankiness of the build hasn’t lost its touch. UE on the other hand is squishy as hell.

1 Like

I think it would be nice to open up GoD to using more than just hungering arrow. The build already shares a similar interaction like the wizard source where you cast other abilities while channeling, so why not play further into it? The cold version of elemental arrow functions a lot like shatter shot (1 shot splits into 10…and slows!). Obviously, the supporting items would need buffing to bring it on par with ninth cirri satchel (looking at you, Kridershot!). Plus, the set bonuses would need some tweaking so strafe fires it off. Simply changing the 10000% primary skill bonus to “you gain …% increased damage for each second of momentum” would account for remaining damage. It always felt kinda weird how momentum was limited to buffing hungering arrow and boosting speed.

Pros:

• Elemental arrows hit once then must be refreshed, lowering concern for MD elites causing performance issues.
  • Keeps the “I’m turning this place into an ice house by shooting you with icy death arrows.” aesthetic
  • Gives elemental arrow some actual use (outside of marauder’s of LON builds of course)
  • More incentive to keep your momentum stacks up

Cons:

• Would still be less effective against single targets/small groups of enemies
  • Doesn’t fix the other DH builds from using hungering arrow against MD elites
  • Unless support items are balanced well enough, will likely turn the set away from being a generator build.
1 Like

Great job OP. Blizz please address this issue. Wudijo just put out a vid showing a GR 115 basic build that shows you overshot your adjustment.

2 Likes

I wish we knew what is really is Blizzard is trying to accomplish. A stated goal was to balance classes/sets around GR 130’s at 5K paragon. This nerf does not accomplish that goal in any way, shape for form. They stated in the patch notes that the pierce cap was “… to address concerns when interacting with Missile Dampening.” One dev pretesting the build prior to the PTR going live would have shown that the pierce cap did much more than just remove the GoD MD interaction from the game.

Honestly I kind of expected a hot fix by now to change the pierce cap, or a note addressing the issue and explaining where they are going from here, even if the note states “working as designed”.

3 Likes

Solution #2 is the best to me. Diversity shouldn’t be a major consideration and it’s not achievable as long as GR exists.
For me the major considerations are: 1. Giving DH a viable build in high GRs; 2. Less uncertainty which requires more tests; 3. easy to implement; 4. Address the missile dampening issue.
Diversity is the last thing I would consider.

1 Like

With the amount of attention and feedback that this thread is getting, I’m surprised my other thread regarding followers (in the same style) has gotten hardly any notice!

I don’t think the style has anything to do with the attention of each thread. Just moreso the controversy surrounding the nerf of GoD6, and the extremes they went to do so. DH (imo) is one of the most popular classes…Considering theres only 7 classes anyhow. GoD made it even more popular. Now it’s oblivious in its current form on PTR.

I don’t think any amount of follower changes can make up for the GoD nerf. Literally committed genocide on a DH subclass.

3 Likes

Oof. Steady on, old chap.

Are you? Really? WD minor nerf that doesn’t even bring them back to Blizz’s dev target of 130 @ 5k is more controversial than the follower changes. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the cross-post though, I’ll have a read of it after I’ve had an S-tier cheese sandwich.

1 Like

but what this has to do with devs statement GOD is changed “to address Missile Dumpening issue” ?
do you understand what they said? they said that GOD need a change BECAUSE OF THE MISSILE DUMPENING ISSUE.
the other 2 builds, UE HA and M6 HA, AHVE MISSILE DUMPENING ISSUE ALSO. the fact that players know to play that builds or not does not matter at all.

7 Likes

Yeah even the time was bugged when he closed the rifts. The video really shows a lot.

They fixed spinners!!! heh

is irelevant, at 115 with good GOD build dh one shot everything, so the n pierce nerf does not even matter.

So what you’re saying is that you stand firm behind the devs decision on the nerf of GoD6 (because of missile dampening) even if there would be other sets that would make this build more viable and piercing a ton of times missile dampening still, right?
I mean you do understand that the changes on 2 quivers, 2 weapons and 1 belt happened in order to give this new set power, but then they miscalculated that actually with only those items you could actually make other builds that have the potential and its proven already that can out perform GoD6 set.
To conclude idk how you think that the pierce nerf doesn’t matter when you have created something specific for that and then it becomes not viable anymore with that specific set but with others is actually performing way better.

And no. It’s only GoD6 that was nerfed. I believe M6 HA and UE HA are still the same, and can currently push higher than GoD6 on PTR. So UE HA and M6 HA can still abuse and exploit the missile dampening effect.

So that was my point. Having to learn how to stutterstep while using UE/M6 HA because you’re left without strafe. The build is just automatically hard and still less popular…The ceiling is high in terms of skill level and mechanics.

So very much like UE Multishot (talkin moreso back in S13-S20), The build had one of the highest potentials to by rank 1 on the leaderboards…But very few people could pull it off because of the build being very squishy but you need to learn to properly and effectively stutterstep to avoid the massive amounts of AoE dmg.

Are we watching the same video? the pierces just pierces the first target not anything else. When he got a big pack of mobs it’s doing nothing to them. He couldn’t even complete the 115.

2 Likes

Best vid I’ve seen in a while. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Wudijo put up another video in high description.
I’m unsure how to properly post videos on the forum.
If someone could help me out on that video post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW43qggXDdU&ab_channel=wudijo

2 Likes

Here’s the video:

5 Likes

It’s a good video.

It’s good to see his “TL/DW” bullet list is pretty much what has been discussed in this thread and picked apart in Iria’s original post. We’re mostly on the same page :slight_smile: