[2.6.10 PTR] Wizard Feedback

Yeah, that could work as well, but I think a new thread is better visible for the CM’s and the devs (if the devs from the Diablo Legacy Team actually hang around here from time to time).

Ah, okay, then I must have confused you with someone.
Ty!

Hmm, I see your point. I will create a new thread for 2nd round after PTR (i’m still testing :tired_face:) and link them. You are correct, it’s a lot of feedback.

2 Likes

Scream into the vacuum, friend. That said, the PTR has been officially extended, so maybe there is hope.

I think I said everything that needed to be said two weeks ago, but we haven’t seen any updates since then.

And this is Diablo 3.

We’ll find out soon, but I won’t expect much.

Aughild’s eh? Interesting.

I was trying Crimson’s in non-season. If you wanted to keep shields, you can move Shame of Delsere to the cube and run Crimson’s. The extra RCR from Crimson’s was very noticeable for AP management, and even without any additional CDR on gear you still get a 28% damage boost. I had 42% RCR for DR too (shoulders + topaz in helm). Something like this: https://ptr.d3planner.com/100490860

Not sure what you’d run with the extra cube slot in seasons though. FoT probably, or maybe Unity for better Squirt’s uptime. I’d probably do Unity at lower paragon, I was still dropping Squirt’s at times at 3k paragon. I probably wouldn’t go with OoID for a Crimson’s + Blood Bracers setup though, too hard to fit EB if you need MW: Deflection too. You’d have to drop Teleport. I hate running builds without Teleport.

3 Likes

I know that feeling.

1 Like

the sad fact is that they only try to understand why its lagging their servers atm…
So, they try once again to fix their seasontheme in order to be able to get the season started instead of doing an acceptable job of rebalancing everything.

I mean, theres 4 player games with 4-5 pylons possible that lag the freaking s*** out of the game.
What were they thinking? Thats just like adding a 10 player game for a season. That kills the server too

Me as well, but I also “hate” running builds with Teleport, because I know Teleport could be sooo much better (2-3 Charges, 8 Seconds Recharge Time, etc).

Although “hate” is kinda a strong word for that, “dislike” would fit better…

i dislike that basically every other class nowadays have a better teleport than wizard has.

Wizards teleport gets stuck everywhere and is then on a huge cooldown. And all because some devs in the past said that they found Diablo 2s teleport too op and dont want to see enigma happen in d3.

But looking at monks dash and necros teleport this already has gone the wrong path. Even barb jumping over closed indoor walls that make no sense at all seem to work better than wizards teleport xD

4 Likes

Sorc looking at Wizard trying to Teleport: :woman_facepalming: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :rofl: :wave:
Wizard looking at Sorc quickly porting out of range: :fist: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :anger: :sob:

D3 Teleport with extra gimmicks (aka partially usable rune effects) is nice and all but man, get the damn basics right.

1 Like

if i remember right, the basic was already there in the past.
Wizard could teleport trough closed doors and all but that was fixed because it was op in d2.
And since then we get stuck on every single tiny rock in the line of sight…

I like use Typhons set with Crimson and with 4th cube slot it will be even better. I just dont understand why typhons shoulders must have always AF? If there must be 1 stat always, why it isnt hydra dmg, since it uses always hydras. In PTR took over hour when i only re-rolled those shoulders that got non-ancient version of shoulders what i want. Season 21 i havent got yet at all shoulders what i want to that set because of that AF always there.

I want get Hydra dmg, CdR, RcR, and last Int and higher paragon that Int could be area dmg. Atm that last isnt even possible to roll.

So i’m asking to remove forced AF from those shoulders, that its easier get even right skills to them.

AF? You mean armor?

Yeah, it’s not ideal. DMO shoulders also have a guaranteed armor roll. FB shoulders have RCR. Vyr’s shoulders have guaranteed all res, which is definitely the worst of the options.

Good build. I tried it out briefly after equipping a little extra VIT. Kept up with timer on a random GR121. The rotation is definitely more easygoing with not having OID/EB in there + the extra RCR.

I have to admit, I completely forgot we can cube Unity in the 4th slot. Also like your choice of Exhaustion.

The lower toughness caused illusionist to proc more reliably (safe passage uptime improved too), that was another nicety, feels more mobile.

The RCR definitely felt nice, so nice I found I forgot to keep up Triumvirate a few times. :laughing:

Higher trash focus than the Aughild’s, but it felt okay defensively if you kite back. I did lose Squirt’s when under duress though, or when it by a lot of elite affixes. Risk/reward I suppose.

Overall a good option. Compared to the Aughild’s I was running, felt like it has about the same clear potential.

Makes me wonder if it would work well in solo speed rifting. :thinking:

Yes armor. Some games AF is armor =)

I know I started my own separate post but this looks like it’s the official Wizard feedback forum and hopefully the devs will look at it and take notice.

First, I would like to see Vyr’s to receive a buff. I don’t know what happened to the set a few/couple seasons ago but something got nerfed.

Second, and my biggest grip, the changed to Etched Sigil. This kills all meteor builds and meteor builds were fun. This pretty much makes the Tal Rasha set worthless since it focuses on meteors. I really don’t see any point to this change. It doesn’t take a build that was dominating and make it weaker, nor does it take a weak build and make it stronger.

Please rollback the change to Etched Sigil.

5 Likes

Regarding Vyrs, they first should revert the chantodo nerf.

Afterward, they can then have the vyr 6 piece effect gain an additional effect that’ll buff only the archon skills. Of course, it’ll be unlikely that we see the archon skills deal major damage unless chantodo is nerfed so instead I would suggest having chantodo gain an additional effect where each chantodo stack, while buffing the wave of destruction damage, will lower the damage of the wizard’s other skills while transformed in archon.

For example:

2 Likes

That would probably solve a lot of problems with that set.

I did not play that set very much, but I heard it can become a bit OP with the reversed-Archon builds. iirc.

As a far fetched thought, because it just came to my mind:

Maybe all sets can get redesigned into a single-Elemental Set

• Vyr’s -> Lightning
  • DMO -> Arcane
  • Typhons -> Cold
  • Firebird -> Fire (ofc)
  • Tal Rasha -> Multi-Elemental

Or any other constellation.

1 Like

Yeah even at 3k paragon I had to kite back from some dangerous packs. Rifts packed with ranged mobs were pretty sketchy (I noped out a rift when I walked it and there was like 50 spear goats inside the door). I didn’t have much in vit though, just enough to bring me up to 5k vit. I think I was something like 25k int / 5k vit. Probably could have done with some more vit. Crimson’s setup definitely seems like it would be a bit fishier because you’d want to get something you can survive. Slow moving melee mobs like zombie-grotesque are probably ideal. They don’t close on you fast to hit you much, plus it’s easier to keep them in the sweet spot.

2 Likes