[2.6.10 PTR] Wizard Feedback

I like use Typhons set with Crimson and with 4th cube slot it will be even better. I just dont understand why typhons shoulders must have always AF? If there must be 1 stat always, why it isnt hydra dmg, since it uses always hydras. In PTR took over hour when i only re-rolled those shoulders that got non-ancient version of shoulders what i want. Season 21 i havent got yet at all shoulders what i want to that set because of that AF always there.

I want get Hydra dmg, CdR, RcR, and last Int and higher paragon that Int could be area dmg. Atm that last isnt even possible to roll.

So i’m asking to remove forced AF from those shoulders, that its easier get even right skills to them.

AF? You mean armor?

Yeah, it’s not ideal. DMO shoulders also have a guaranteed armor roll. FB shoulders have RCR. Vyr’s shoulders have guaranteed all res, which is definitely the worst of the options.

Good build. I tried it out briefly after equipping a little extra VIT. Kept up with timer on a random GR121. The rotation is definitely more easygoing with not having OID/EB in there + the extra RCR.

I have to admit, I completely forgot we can cube Unity in the 4th slot. Also like your choice of Exhaustion.

The lower toughness caused illusionist to proc more reliably (safe passage uptime improved too), that was another nicety, feels more mobile.

The RCR definitely felt nice, so nice I found I forgot to keep up Triumvirate a few times. :laughing:

Higher trash focus than the Aughild’s, but it felt okay defensively if you kite back. I did lose Squirt’s when under duress though, or when it by a lot of elite affixes. Risk/reward I suppose.

Overall a good option. Compared to the Aughild’s I was running, felt like it has about the same clear potential.

Makes me wonder if it would work well in solo speed rifting. :thinking:

Yes armor. Some games AF is armor =)

I know I started my own separate post but this looks like it’s the official Wizard feedback forum and hopefully the devs will look at it and take notice.

First, I would like to see Vyr’s to receive a buff. I don’t know what happened to the set a few/couple seasons ago but something got nerfed.

Second, and my biggest grip, the changed to Etched Sigil. This kills all meteor builds and meteor builds were fun. This pretty much makes the Tal Rasha set worthless since it focuses on meteors. I really don’t see any point to this change. It doesn’t take a build that was dominating and make it weaker, nor does it take a weak build and make it stronger.

Please rollback the change to Etched Sigil.

5 Likes

Regarding Vyrs, they first should revert the chantodo nerf.

Afterward, they can then have the vyr 6 piece effect gain an additional effect that’ll buff only the archon skills. Of course, it’ll be unlikely that we see the archon skills deal major damage unless chantodo is nerfed so instead I would suggest having chantodo gain an additional effect where each chantodo stack, while buffing the wave of destruction damage, will lower the damage of the wizard’s other skills while transformed in archon.

For example:

2 Likes

That would probably solve a lot of problems with that set.

I did not play that set very much, but I heard it can become a bit OP with the reversed-Archon builds. iirc.

As a far fetched thought, because it just came to my mind:

Maybe all sets can get redesigned into a single-Elemental Set

• Vyr’s -> Lightning
  • DMO -> Arcane
  • Typhons -> Cold
  • Firebird -> Fire (ofc)
  • Tal Rasha -> Multi-Elemental

Or any other constellation.

1 Like

Yeah even at 3k paragon I had to kite back from some dangerous packs. Rifts packed with ranged mobs were pretty sketchy (I noped out a rift when I walked it and there was like 50 spear goats inside the door). I didn’t have much in vit though, just enough to bring me up to 5k vit. I think I was something like 25k int / 5k vit. Probably could have done with some more vit. Crimson’s setup definitely seems like it would be a bit fishier because you’d want to get something you can survive. Slow moving melee mobs like zombie-grotesque are probably ideal. They don’t close on you fast to hit you much, plus it’s easier to keep them in the sweet spot.

2 Likes

New post for solo push and multiplier feedback.

Also, Wizardspike no longer has the ICD in place but the proc rate is still low somehow. :confused:

1 Like

I guess all Archon builds would go for max cdr despite that change.
Mainly because wizard got huge mobility problems anyways and even the 2 second teleport CD in Archon form is a pain in the butt with no CDR on gear.

Which stats instead of CDR would you suggest to bear with a 2 second teleport cd. I feel like there are not many valueable ones:
ATS doesnt synergize very well with Vyrs since you alread got plenty of additive ATS via Vyrs 4piece (capped at 5.00 oftentimes when overlapping).
AD doesnt work with Chantodos WoD
you could get some more defensive stats like %life, Amor or All Resist, and some dmg rolls on rings (which is probably the biggest gain here)
Useful but not that big of a deal considering you have a higher teleport cooldown.

Maybe a flat cooldown reduction for Archon and its abilities would adress that.

or the generally better option, not Vyr related:
for the sake of the wizard class give Archons Teleport 3 charges with a 2 sec CD each, and while at it do the same treatment for the Teleport skill. Something like 3 charges with a ~8 sec CD would be sufficient.

They should also remove or significantly lower the ICD on Ess of Johan.

Well I’m sure cdr would still be an option for vyr archon builds, for example those that make use of the captain crimson set. That said for Archon builds forgoing chantodo, AD could be an option for the archon skills and would in fact be a way for vyr archon to differentiate itself from vyr chantodo archon, and aether walker helps with archon teleport (admittedly that takes up a weapon slot). That said, I’m not against improving teleport and would in fact consider that a welcome change.

1 Like

Not sure if it sure if anyone watches Bluddshed like I do but just watched his first video on some feedback from phase 1 PTR. Had some interesting thoughts on wizard slung at the others too.

I would like to see changes in the Magic orb skills, this will bring variety to the gameplay for this character. For example, to increase the damage Rune - destruction, this will allow you to play this character as a bosskiller.

You mean Arcane Orb and its runes, I assume.

You mean the Obliteration rune.

I think that rather than doing that, the Frozen Orb rune needs a nerf of about 50% to 67% and to make for that, the damage bonus on either Triumvirate and/or Unstable Scepter should be doubled or tripled. Or alternatively, the multiplier on Wizardspike could get significantly increased.

That way all runes would be somewhat on par with each other and thanks to the buff to the support legendaries of Arcane Orb, all of them would be viable, not just Frozen Orb.

Beyond that, if they have some time available, they could also adjust some of the Arcane Orb visuals:

Also I think that Obliteration should increase the AoE, rather than reducing it,

Previously there was an Arcane Orb rune called Arcane Nova which increased the detonation radius to 20 Yards. I personally would prefer that one over Obliteration. Maybe other people share my point of view on that.

What color is the sky in the world you live in? 

Instead of nerfing AO- Oblit, they should double all other runes (except FO) and triple the damage on Spark.

1 Like

I was not talking about nerfing Arcane Orbit, but nerfing Frozen Orb and then increase the damage bonus on items to make up for that.

I never played with Spark or Scorch, because I can not stand their visuals. Or even Frozen Orb…

They just look like unnecessarily large white/black balls that for some reason pierce through enemies. I definitely would prefer them to have a better look at a size that is more like the original sphere in the middle of the unruned Arcane Orb.

Also, buffing all runes to the level of Frozen Orb would make Arcane Orb too powerful during leveling, assuming that Disintegrate also has its tickrate adjusted, which currently is too high afaik.

They should just remove the ICD on every item, reduce % proc accordingly, and let there be a speed based proc build for once. Fast generator builds would benefit a lot from this.

For damage dealing procs I would agree in general, but with other procs, like buffs and CC’s, I can see that there might should be a short ICD of maybe ~3 seconds.

Maybe there also is a way that certain procs can not proc more than 3 times within 5 seconds for example.