17 August Beta release Leak - Oh really?

They said exactly that.
They said “in august” and “soon”. Which is essentially the same as giving a date and in the same sentence not committing to it.
Just live with the fact that you will not get your own hand-written release date delivered by the lead developer in person to your doorstep.

You guys are acting like they have to give us a date, they don’t have to do anything, we should be glad they are considering letting us play before the game actually comes out.

1 Like

Late according to who? And “Should have been out” according to who? You? Lol. Simmer down snowflake, you don’t get to decide.
They literally never said anything resembling a date other than “August” it’s the first week of August. They never even said “Early” or “mid” or “late” in the month. So relax.

I think it’s quite sad how so many were assuming we would get the Beta early in August…I figured we would most likely get it near the end or the middle of august because it would be closer to the release date of the game itself in September and Blizzard has done this type of role many times.

We didn’t assume August, they told us, if you pre-ordered the game you could not have not noticed the pre-order and get early access to beta sign.

1 Like

He said early August not August. That extra word has a huge shift in meaning

2 Likes
2 Likes

If that’s the case I’m actually off from both jobs. Excited

What’s the hurry? It’s ready when it’s ready and who knows how accurate that Aug. 17th date will be.

didnt they also say they wanted Weekend Beta? 17th is a tuesday

The 17th will be the date,
But we would not want to wait.

1 Like

I personally put the 17th Aug date leak down to either a placeholder by Microsoft, or a prediction based on what could now be outdated information. Maybe the 17th was the original goal and based on unknown circumstances has changed…who knows.

1 Like

While I don’t personally care that much about beta, I do disagree with this perspective:

They aren’t “considering” anything. They advertised beta access as part of the pre-order, so they actually have to deliver or they’ll get sued. They didn’t specify a length or date, so it might end up being one beta weekend and nothing more to meet that requirement, but they aren’t giving people beta out of the kindness of their hearts. It was an advertised element of a paid product that they have to deliver on.

5 Likes

that is a bit sad, diablo II resurrection on Friday 13th would have been epic.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with you guys? Since when can uninformed fans tell, when a beta should start? Huge facepalm…

1 Like

Don’t ask me I find it funny how many thought we would get Beta early in August because of Pre-order…they never once gave a actual date in August when D2R was announced.

2 Likes

I’d post the its always sunny pepe silvia pic about people thinking beta would be the first week. but I guess sarcasm gets blocked by trust level. If you can’t trust sarcasm, who you can ya trust? :thinking:

There is no date in your official store link.

1 Like

It was removed after a few hours

1 Like

The only thing they are really testing is Bnet stability.

We’ve been “testing” Diablo 2 for over 20 years.