Place your gamble on date for open beta here!

I would say August 17th

i hope the 2nd or the 9th

whoever wins - gets nothing. :smiley:

I’ll go with 8/20 - 22

Better be out today or they are losing a pre purchase sale.

1 Like

August 31st at 23:59 GMT

It will be on the 7th

“The Diablo II: Resurrected multiplayer open beta will kick-off in August …”
“Players who preorder the game will also gain early access to the open beta test taking place in August …”

Trying hard to avoid semantics and wishful thinking here, but from how they worded it above, it sounds like a majority of the test will be in August and not overflow too much into September.

Working backwards from the Sept 23 release date, I assume VV will need at least 2 weeks to implement feedback before release (1 week doesn’t sound like enough time). That puts beta ending on Sept 9.

Considering this will be an open beta, it will last much less than a closed beta since feedback will be rolling in much faster. Also, since they keep referring to the beta timeframe as just “August”, they might have the mindset of beta lasting exactly 4 weeks. That puts the open beta starting on Aug 12, but would probably be Aug 13 since it’s a Friday. Blizzard likes Tuesdays for patches, but open beta events and full releases in the Diablo world have historically been on Fridays.

Finally, this leaves early access, which could be a week before open beta or maybe just a few days before open beta. If we aim for their “favorite” days of Tuesday or Friday, that leaves early access starting on either Aug 6 or Aug 10.

The only “floating” point I see is the duration of the actual beta. 4 weeks might be too long. If it’s 3 weeks then that means early access would be Aug 13 or Aug 17 and open beta would be Aug 20. Though at this point August is almost over and you think they would have worded the timeframe a bit differently.

1 Like

The sooner the better - it will give devs more time to fix potential bugs, if any.

for sure, but my guess, again, is that they need to prep all the servers and the bandwidth, and probably some more tweaking on how Bnet acts with the new game?

1. August i guess :smiley:

I think this gamble should be more interesting.

I think everyone posting a guess should be putting their first SOJ on the line. The winner gets everyone’s first SOJ.

never delayed will 2029

August 31 since they said it is coming in August

I played D2 for 3 years and never found 1 SOJ lol

the 69th of august :smiley:

27 of august im thinking.

It’ll likely be the last day of August because Blizzard enjoys trolling us.

1 Like

Friday the 13th, when Jason meets Blizzard

2 Likes

August 13, or the 20th.