For Asia: (S21)
Wizard: 128
WD: 135
Necro: 138
Monk: 133
DH: 144
Crusader: 135
Barb: 134

So 16 between Wizard and DH. Not 20 but pretty close…
This post was about Asia btw not NA or EU.

For nonseason in Asia:
Wizard: 143
WD: 150
Necro: 150
Monk: 144
DH: 150
Sader: 150
Barb: 148

Also might not be as many players playing a certain class as much as other in each server.
DH has new style and a long awaited boost, not to mention the speed of it which draws more players to play it, this more pushing.

In NA it looks pretty good across the board in season. People also forget it wasn’t too long ago when wizards were “way above” the DH…

I have no problem with a class being boosted, but it is really annoying when last season wizards got a new set and it didn’t even get used as the top 2 choice for wizards (and still isn’t) yet the DH set gets fixed perfectly because of the feedback of some top streamers who happen to play DH. (TBF they know their class well and gave great feedback and amazingly blizz actually listened to their feedback!).

WIzards need a bump of about 5GR to be avg with the pack, so next season hopefully that is on the agenda.

Dh was a bit overtuned - more than the sader was last season IMO.

1 Like

Well I’ve always played WD and barb the most, played impale for multiple seasons and don’t fancy trying out GoD build.
All I’m sharing is my opinion on it. Which is it’s been a long time coming for DH fans and for them to even have one season on top with this build before it too may get nerfed, isn’t unreasonable.
Wizards, necro, and sader got their times of “OP” for a season at least. I think barb and monk never got a full season with their “OP” build. Barb got nerfed before it even hit live and monks…well haven’t heard too much about them.
I’m not an expert and I don’t keep up with every new development on the classes. I also have horrid memory and don’t feel like researching to make sure I have everything straight.

1 Like

Agreed. It would be nice for everyone if the devs were not so heavy-handed on the nerfing and did it more in smaller steps. That way, Typhon’s, Vyr’s , Mundungu etc etc… could have been what BLIZZARD seeks more readily , i.e. Balanced.

1 Like

Sorry I did miss that part…

But as I and others said, it’s likely because DH is the FOTM right now so there are likely more people playing it in Season.

I’ll concede that they probably need a little buff, but so do Monks :slight_smile:

I wish this were true…but there’s a post specifically calling out the lack of bug fixes with the new set…

You may be annoyed about the new Wiz set being trash, but so were the Barbs with their new set when ww/rend was massively outperforming it.

Let the DHs have their time in the sun…we’ve been in the dark for YEARS.

Using your numbers, GR 150 with 4% hp scaling (staring at GR 76) would be equivalent to the current GR 95.

1.17^19=19.7
1.04^75=18.9

To me, this would be bad for the game.

well, I just did GR34 in HC on my barbarian with combo IK/Crimsons/Aughilds and Seismic Slam! Yeah, I know its a bit Godly, but I don’t care!

2 Likes

EU hit a 150 GoD DH tonight. I’m not sure if that’s Wudijo’s character or not (I know he’s been pushing 150’s all week with many close calls). Either way, there it is folks. Crazy!!!

FYI their bottom 1000 is 127. :astonished:

Wudijo is 2250ish Paragon and the EU person who did it is 3k+

I have been watching Wudijo’s streams though, the guy has come SO close so many times. I am not sure why he didn’t bang out 148 or 149 just to have his name up there though lol.

He spent over 3500 keys and still hasn’t gotten the stars to line up. That guy has the patience of a saint, I would have walked away lol

1 Like

That’s why balancing around these high paragon players is nuts IMO. The normal player doesn’t have time/skill/etc to farm 1000s of keys to fish a perfect rift no matter the build.

3 Likes

Unless you get paid to do it via streaming and/or have a sugar momma/daddy allowing you to stay put for long periods of time :grin:. So yeah, the majority cannot generally compete with the people who fish like this…

1 Like

That is quite impressive.

Yes.

Yes.

OP is OP. Why do people always try to make it into a “class” war.
(heck, not necessarily saying DH GoD needs as nerf. One case is not much to base anything on. Just talking principles.

That being said, since Blizzard is unwilling to actually nerf most of the OP stuff (such as zDPS), I guess buffing solo builds is the only option anyway :smiley:

It’s actually why balancing around this is the best way to do it. You have the highest clear that requires the perfect GRift. Meaning all highest clears have the same perfect GRift. This means that you can take the GRift out of the equation for balancing and focus strictly on the numbers.

If you balance at a lower end, say GRift 120, then you have to factor in A LOT more variables. Lower GRifts can be cleared anywhere from 2 minutes to 15 minutes. Did they have the same GRift? Did 1 person get the best pylons and the other get junk?

Overall, it’s much easier to balance with less variables. Balancing at the highest clear gets rid of variables.

Edit: Granted in this situation it’s not great to look at this specific seasonal clear as it includes the seasonal buffs. Which is a lot more variables.

Yes and no.
Maybe a build is not actually OP on average, it is just really strong for one specific type of GRift. Then it would be wrong to nerf the build generally. Though it might need a nerf in the specific area where it was OP (or maybe that type of GRift needed a change instead - might be easier).

They guy that did it, didn’t stream it. He told me that killed the RG with 230 stack Tornados on Hamlin after a Condi pylon.

The build is definitely OP. I don’t really play much DH and I broke 100 GR pretty fast, without much effort. Way faster than any of the other characters, similarly geared. I might push it to see how far I can take it.

The fact that the Bottom of the ladder is so high for DH is telling.

It doesn’t mean I want it nerfed, it means we should bring up the other classes/builds to this level.

1 Like

Sure. Not talking about GoD. Only that you cant really determine a builds strength based on the highest GRift clear alone.

Nerfs are better imo. But it doesnt seem like Blizzard want to go that route. Buffs is just even more power creep.

How so? In what way?

Because from where I’m standing, things look like this:
I beat 123 with Zuni Darts WD
I beat 126 with with Dreadlands DH

Same quality gear, 200 more Paragon and slightly higher gems on the DH.
We’re talking NS, no seasonal themes.

I’d say the set is fairly balanced. The only OP thing about it, is that’s it’s good for both high clears AND speed rifts and bounties.
Just in advance, if you’re comparing sets based on their performance on seasons with exploits, I’d say it’s not an adequate place to test.
If you’re comparing the new set to some outdated set, also not the right way to go about it.

1 Like

Might also be the case of placing 100 random players each with the GoD DH and DoD and see who clears what, how high, and how easy.

I’m glad for DH’s, at least those who have religiously played them and in waiting for it. However I cannot see comparing DoD with GoD close in power. One person might clear a 130 with WD compared to 50 with GoD even if the same number of people played both classes.

Part of the reason so many clears on DH is for the sheer amount of people playing it. Another reason is because of the strength of said set making it more accessible to more casual players not to mention the mobility aspect of the build. This goes for other classes as well.

Look at the barbarian LB. I bet 98-99% of them are using ww/rend where as I placed on there with frenzy which takes more to play for elite hunting and no ww for mobility. Ease of use makes a big difference. If a thousand more people would push with frenzy, I wouldn’t be the little speck on the barbarian LB.

1 Like

Why?

1.We’re talking strictly solo, as I’ve only played solo for a while.
(btw, if you see me with a bow on the armory, that’s fast GR setup)

1. We’re talking strictly GR…
    because yes, for fast GR, Regular Rift or bounties, obviously GoD would outperform darts.

And I know how to play sets properly, I’ve been in top 100 as Darts when I played actively and competitively.

We’re talking the most sterile example. The same player, similar Paragon and lvl of gems (DH had slighly more, due to the simple fact that I am playing and lvling), good rolls on gear (although Slightly better on the GoD set).

And as far as I know Zuni… I’m not even sure if it’s on the lvl of the new set (I haven’t played the new WD set), while GoD is a brand new and might suffer some nerfs (although I’m really not sure it needs some).

So again, what makes you think the set is OP? Surely you’re not basing it on the performance of people on season, especially with the current seasonal theme…