140 Solo DH in HC (Asia) Update 150 - EU

Never said it was OP, I have been giving kudos for that set for quite a while. What I was sayin is comparing DoD to GoD, to me, is not the same or “close” to as far as “power”. You can also look at it as, comparing seasonal with the nutty theme not feasible, to me comparing 1 person out of a thousand who could do what GoD could do GR pushing wise with DoD.

So I still stand by what I was saying, comparing DoD to GoD is not there for me at all. Comparing to the new mund set SB would be closer imo. If you haven’t tried the new WD you should, it is a blast even though I hit my wall at 117 with it using Voo’s instead of sacred harvester.

It’s obviously going to get nerfed somewhat. Probably not that bad the 1st time around, because they will think season theme contributed somewhat, but if it performs well again next season, then it will be nerfed further again. Fingers crossed, the devs will actually bring up all the other sets to equal power rather than nerf the GoD set, but it’s very unlikely.

The only reason to adjust the power of the set is if it’s overperforming in non season.
No use looking at anything in the current season.

1 Like

Well I just looked on EU non season leaderboard and there is two DH 150 clears.
Both have 10 000+ paragons to begin with. Max level gems and augments.
I am not too surprised they managed 150.

No it’s not they using the season theme to full effect u can watch some clears from streamers how they stack it before big group or RG.

I never understand why people have the mentality of nerf one set instead of bring everything up to speed. “But power creep!” That boat has sailed a long time ago lol.

I think after years and years of demon hunter being the back end of the pack, being in the pack now seems disheartening to others because they’re so used to not seeing any demon hunters be viable.

We aren’t op. We’re merely catching up to the curb if anything.

3 Likes

And we have the posters in the D3 forum think that they can compete against top players on the leaderboard competitive if not because of the group XP Bonus. :rofl:

1 Like

If blizzard had listened to all you noob casual players who struggle to do 120-130 in groups then we with 4-5k+ para would be able to clear 150 GR in 0.5 seconds :smiley: lol. Enough guys your ‘buff, buff’! Cmon. There SHOULD be hard content to strive for. It is normal to play GR levels that are perfect for your gameplay style / gear / time investment. It is not a shame it is good. Not every granny should do 150 GRs . Just get it.

2 Likes

The problem is content is not hard, its just tuned numerically in a way its almost impossible to do without relying on gimmicks like the seasonal theme.

2 Likes

Never a reason to continue in the wrong direction.

In non-season you need to have at least 5-6k para (as trash killer) to do 150 GRs reliably . For seasons (with seasonal buff of some kind) i think 3-4k para with good gear and good cooperation and supports job would be nice to be able to clear 150. But it should be a push not push-over :smiley:

Yes I agree that making high-end content hard by introducing interesting mechanics or something else apart from big HP/damage numbers would be much preferable but I doubt it is realistic scenario considering the current state of D3 development.

Now check how many players with the same paragon, gear & augment did 150 with Monk, wizard, or even barb.

1 Like

Well, none of them. Maybe not the exact same paragon and perfect gear on all of them, but I get your point.

Based on this Blizz will adjust the set for sure.
I am biased here since I main DH, and I must say I really like the set.

Has been really fun playing DH with this set, going higher than ever in greater rifts.

So? Balancing items arround top leaderboards players is pure stupidity anyway, same as nerfing any build that stands out instead of bringing other to match it in power, cause of laziness…

If I was soloing GR 150 with any class at all with 5000 or 10000 paragon and almost maxed out caldesans and legendary gems I wouldn’t come to the forum to whine how some build is “OP”, but instead look for suggestions on how to make other class sets match it in power, same with all other completely ignored legendaries.

Maybe if Blizz focused more on Legendary Gems or other legendaries which are basicaly only good enough for max T10-13 and maybe T16 if you have 5000+ paragon we wouldn’t have such crazy numbers on class sets…

2 Likes

As it stands right now, you can’t clear above 150. If a build can do 150, it means top end competition ends up being “who can do 150 the fastest” (for each class) and it’s not fun, I can tell you that from doing exactly that for the last 5 seasons now.
If grift cap wasn’t 150, I wouldn’t ask for any nerf, I wouldn’t care. But as it is, there is a cap, and because of it, I hope all those 145+ builds get nerfed to be max 140-145. And then other builds should also be brought up to 140-145.

Why is it “pure stupidity” ? You can definely compare 2 p10k players, they both have insane gear, both have spent an insane amount of time in game, probably both are knowledgeable enough players. Comparing 2 average players wouldn’t be an as accurate representation of a build as 2 top players IMO. Some people struggle to clear 100 with GoD DH, some other blast through 110 with the same gear and paragon.

So with that logic you shouldn’t be able to reach 99 level in D2 LoD playing on CBNET, cause it’s the CAP right? :roll_eyes:

I’m an average D3 RoS player and before I joined my friend and started doing GR110+ with the new GoD set I SOLOED a 113 GR with 3 caldesans in items (Two 525 in both 1h crossbows and One 500 in Amulet) and average to bad items at best and 100-108 rank legendary gems with arround 1100-1300 paragon.

Now I do 102-119 GRs either Solo or 115-120 GRs with my friend and his clanmate, yeah I’m so OP right? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The question is what are your GR clears with other top builds. Is it the same or lower, assuming roughly equivalent gear and skill?’

1 Like

If I enjoyed playing D2 I would get to 99 and then stop playing because there would be no point in playing the game. I don’t want that to happen in d3.

Cf what GoodWillHunt said.

I don’t play with other classes anymore, but if you want go ahead check the leaderboard for 113-115 GR and you will find players from All classes using Top builds with less than 1000 paragon who cleared it (113-115 GRs).

I needed 1100-1300 paragon to do a 113 GRs, so don’t question me or treat like I was super OP playing GoD set in season in which the season theme helps a lot in killing everything faster than in non-season

Unlike you many players still do and enjoy playing D2 LoD even when they hit 99, so don’t treat everyone by your own measure…

1 Like

Great. Hopefully they can keep playing their game!

1k para is enough to clear 120-125 with GoD so maybe you’re just a below average player ?

2 Likes