10sec-Freezing issue

Wudijo didnt “MAKE” this fix. And it does cause i was doing it less then a few hours ago. Your clearly doing something wrong

Friend, if im doing something wrong or not, its not my obligation to fix this. Im here to ask help for Blizzard, because it is Blizzards work, so, if im doing something wrong in trying to fix a issue that im not able to fix, im sorry.

Its been a good 6 months this issue has been occuring . Blizzard clearly arnt going to fix the FXMOD sound file and the player made fix still works. Its just abit rubbish having to play without Sound

It’s actually coming up to an anniversary.
I’m wondering if Blizzard will fix it for it’s 1st birthday.

2 Likes

It happens to me at times too. I just use the repair tool and it goes away . At least for a while lol

Clearly a non important fix , given the player made a work around which is posted above and my fix guide is covered by Wudijo. This is probably in the “its fixed enough” basket that Blizzard dont care

Diablo keeps crashing/freezing for you? Here's an easy fix! - YouTube If you need to view this fix

I created this topic just to reinforce the need to correct this problem. I’m sure someone at Blizzard saw this topic and simply ignored it, so I believe that all the things posted here are useless in terms of my attempt to ask for help for Blizzard to fix something that would be their duty. I would like to thank everyone who is always responding and posting also in an attempt to find a solution or a simple answer, which seems to be impossible.

Post withdrawn by blizzard, that ignored it for sure. I’m here waiting a answers.

I have the same issue. The work around mentioned above does not work and I am not going to download random .dll file and lose sound to fix. Fix this now, Blizzard!

1 Like

The game is almost unplayable at times. I have never had an issue until this season playing FB Wiz. Dying to random freezes is a bit annoying. Has there been any communication from Blizzard on this? Are they looking into it?

3 Likes

Me too,but almost always when i play in group, and it just sit there sometimes i have to restart pc because the freeze is permanent. Some Times yes ca 10 sec

This problem is happen since last year with no answere or any signal of a solution.

Is this a firebird issue? I never had this when I played WW barb.

1 Like

No, its a D3 issue :frowning:

1 Like

Changing audio channels to 32 has fixed it for me.

2 Likes

all solutions so far are palliative … sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t … and Blizzard doesn’t manifest

yes this is frustrating. so far, persistent freezing despite trying all the various suggestions including sound settings, cpu core affinity settings and even full re-install of D3 and blizzard-net client…thank goodness for soft-core option.

Replacing the FXMOD file is the only current proven “FIX” to this freeze

I’m still baffled as to why not everyone is having this issue. Why are only some of you having it?

There has to be a common reason. Some program you all have, or setting, or hardware, or something.

Time to evaluate what programs are running when playing, what hardware you all have, etc. Has to be more than an issue with a single DLL file.

Why isn’t mine acting up?

If everyone was having the issue, it would be a lot more vocally expressed, but because only a few of you have the problem (reported anyway), its not important enough apparently for Blizzard to address faster.

Not trying to do their job, but maybe its an issue that they have no direct control over and obviously doesn’t affect a huge amount of players.

So maybe we need to expand and see if you all have a common thread between you and your setups.

Game on.