Werewolf and Werebear skills are useless in PTR

i mean with how slow druids are now, every problem the were druid faced is magnified

2 Likes

So Fireclaws werebear was so-so with 4-5 frame attack.
Now it can get 9 frames at best.
Great job blizzard! But at least you buffed auradin!

3 Likes

The thing the devs messed up is that they didn’t realize that the wereform (anim code 40) is supposed to have a base frame of 13 frames per attack. Human form has a base of 19 frames per attack. Since there is a 75% eias frame cap in the game, it means that using the human form base frames makes it impossible to get shapeshifted forms to a decent speed. The people who made the game set the base frames to 13 for a reason. Your “fix” is actually a new bug that you’ve introduced.

Blizz devs, let me recap so you can program this quickly. Set base frames for wereform to 13.

14 Likes

Quite honestly I don’t even know what they want us to test by trying diffetent weapons, FURY damage was not buffed in any way, different weapons have been tested for the last 20 years, only fast weapons are used because everyone realized slow weapons are unusable, now we are supposed to tey things like BOTD Thunder maul which was already awful, and that now surprise is even slowe than before and the damage is the same?, there is nothing to test. Perhaps if we use the hydra bow they put in PTR and use zero IAS then maybe it will be faster than before…

3 Likes

Hi, it was i that wrote that.
I basicly forgot that the original a1 attack has -1 at the end. So it reach 9 frames now, which is its cap.

Eias/speedincrease:
Currently capped at 75.
Floor(ias*120/(ias+120)+SkillIas-Wsm

Usually a shaper can get 75 skillIas via werewolf skill.
This means 75 of 75 is already filled. However a slow base like forexample 10wsm May slow this down to 65eias.
Which means:
Ias needed for eias break:
ceiling((120*(EIAS- SIAS + WSM))/(120-(EIAS - SIAS +WSM)))

Ceiling((120*(75-75+10))/(120-(75-75+10))) = 11

So 11 ias is all u have to “play around with to use different weapons”
Which basicly means u have less choice.
And when we talk about early game prior to werewolf getting high skill ias and had lower ias in wep they actually had quite good usage of offhand ias before as well.

So, with a 10wsm base and werewolf skill equal of 75 skill ias the choice is worse than before. Now we just want max dmg i wep. Example eth death 2 polearm, or grief for 1hand.

Now lets see what max fpa is on fury:
75eias/speedincrease is max.
Druid got 17frames pr direction on polearm which is one of the fastest bases he can use. (bow is faster with 16).

As i understand shaped druid now calc ias as a regular druid. Although i would guess fury follow the serial frames pr direction as before:

Serial attack:
Ceiling((FramesPrDirection + 1)/2x256/(256x(100+Eias)/100))

Paw attack:
Ceiling(FramesPrDirection x 256/(256 x (100+Eias)/100))-1

Since eias is capped at 75 this is:
Serial attack:
Ceiling((17+1)/2x256/(256x(100+75)/100))-1 = 6fpa

Paw attack:
Ceiling(17x256/(256x(100+75)/100))-1 = 9

So its actually worse now, its less affected by all kind of ias…
Blizzard should swallow your pride on this one and revert this change…

Here is the solution to allow off hand ias and such to have more effect:

1. Revert back to the old formulas.
  2. Change 75eias/speed increase cap into 200.
    This allows diversity:
    It makes wepons such as beast to have an effect.
    It makes offhand ias to have an effect.
    You can choose to soc ur eth tomb reaver for 100 ias with 2 shael, or u can try to achieve same fpa with a higher damage jooled 90 ias eth tomb.
    For werebear this Change is creating diversity as well.
    Its not op, but it would indeed be a buff.

Let me know if u need old shape formula :stuck_out_tongue:

So the problem for shapers diversity and usage of offhand ias or speed increasing auras was always the limited eias cap.

Extra:
I hope u have a look upon holy fire aura as well, it need a nerf^^

I hope you would revert fhr and wsg into how it worked in d2lod. It created active gameplay, both the stunner and the stunned had to activly micromanage tactics vs each other. Wsg was the perfect usage of stun break. How stun worked on d2lod has not ever been used in other games, even though its the most genius way og stun to work in gaming ever!

14 Likes

Another weird thing they did to fury is to increase AR…tbh AR is never the issue with fury druid, but that it is interruptible is, now this fury is not only interruptible , but also slow, no DMG, and can’t teleport.

This is so great

4 Likes

Not quite true, for bosses AR is still hugely important , such that for uber tristam some of the best small charms you can get are steel charm of vitae for the 36ar/20 life, both of which mulitply for fury druids, because with only 11k attack rating you only hit the 3 ubers ~70% of the time, and a string of misses can kill you if you’re surrounded. each 36ar small charm adds another 360+ attack so even fury druids still have to, for some content, prioritize attack rating gear. But in general yes, fury druids will hit the 95% chance to hit cap for melee attacks on most all other normal content

tremendous response, points out the problem and offers a solution - please consider this Blizzard

5 Likes

I want to put this video in here that was linked in another thread showing… wirt’s leg = 4 shael griswald = grief = beast Z etc, “yay all weapons are equal, and all weapons are bad!”

D2R 2.4 PTR Fury Druid attack speed testing - YouTube

6 Likes

Saying all weapons are bad is an overstatement, they are unusable.

2 Likes

Holy middle finger, I can’t believe this change was actually intended.

2 Likes

The thing is they want the frames to be equal because apparently it’s too confusing to us players that have been playing this game for more than a decade lol. I wouldn’t mind them just making human druids base frames 13 though as long as it fixes the issue.

1 Like

All they really need to do is to throw in the “IAS bug” back pre 2.3 and it is already unlocking way more weapons than it could

4 Likes

This is really what we need and what I was hoping would happen in PTR. I was also hoping for skill FRW to be added to werewold and werebear as a bonus, or be able to teleport

1 Like

Literally every wolf druid player I talked to thought that was going to happen based on the PTR notes. No one thought they would move forward with something as crazy and horrific as what they actually did. I am now wondering if they kept the language in the PTR notes vague on purpose to avoid an absolute meltdown before its release.

5 Likes

and we should remember, the specific language regarding IAS was added after the initial notes were posted, food for thought

3 Likes

yes it is added afterward.

Original post does not have those IAS changes when they first announced

1 Like

Definitely odd that it was added after

Is there way we can make a petition or something for them to fix this? I was so excited about this new ladder, but if they don’t fix druids I’m not going to play. I really thought that we would actually see some diversity and not just pallys and sorcs, but for some reason they got the biggest buff.

2 Likes

Posting in this forums is the best bet I think