Werewolf and Werebear skills are useless in PTR

There is zero way they tested it before putting it into the PTR. Wolf druids can’t HIT things anymore. I am really not exaggerating here. This build cannot be used in PVM or PVP. If they tested this themselves, they would have been extremely concerned and probably not moved forward with it.

3 Likes

all we can hope on is that they were serious with their words:

“We will be looking at ways to improve the performance of the transformed Druid without sacrificing the benefits obtained from unifying the attack speed calculations.”

Off-weapon IAS, please

2 Likes

I wonder if ubers is even possible now attacking as slowly as druids do now?

1 Like

That wont matter, the way that IAS works, bear and druid will be CAPPED at 10 frame attack with their current changes. You will only need 11 IAS (anywhere on character) to max out, you CANT get faster than that because you’re starting with a 23 frame human attack swing table. Add the fact that fury is interruptible and druid has to facetank everything, and you get an unplayable mess

7 Likes

HAHA no, i tried last night… a fury druid , with godly gear, BIS uber killing gear, cant even kill duriel in shifting sands. You cant hit fast enough to proc lifeleach and heal yourself, you just die. over… and over… and over…

3 Likes

IIRC, back when it was introduced the human form wasn’t intended to be a good fighter form but the bear/wolf were hence different frame break rates.

If they want to push that a different way, they really need to alter the druid’s base frame rates so that you’re similar to the barb in human form (just no skills to support it) so that with IAS, you’ll be similar to the original Wolf ias table.

1 Like

I watched my friend try with BIS uber gear, he died at Duriel repeatedly because he couldn’t hit him enough times before taking too much damage.

2 Likes

Btw this was without a torch but with an Anni (17/15/5) because we did one d-clone walk on PTR last night around 11 eastern. Trust me, i know what i’m tlaking about, it’s literally impossible for a fury druid to even clear the den/sands/furnace now let alone uber tristam itself

1 Like

i didnt understand this, now it is actually the biggest possible nerf in the history of this game

4 Likes

I mean seriously only 11IAS needed to hit max speed, so ANY weapon is max speed, which is ultra slow… i guess only option is last wish, there isn’t anything else at all. And it will perform way wayyyyy worse than before

2 Likes

Except even last wish requires you to hit fast to proc, and you’ll attack too slow to actually survive. You wont proc LW’s lifetap or crushing blow enough to live.

1 Like

Logic for a weapon now is find the slowest possible base, and try to socket it or make a runeword with as much damage as possible, then proceed to die in PvE and PvP

This post has suddenly become super realistic and accurate instead of emotional and b1tchy

That’s what we were trying to say last night, but everyone told wolf druid players to **** off and stop whining. But when Blizzard destroys an entire class for no reason, people are going to be upset.

3 Likes

all the thunder maul people are probably enjoying their slow as concrete weapons, now that everyone can struggle as much as they have :joy:

People on PTR have just zero interest on this topic, I am glad at least this thread is announcing the possibly the worst issue if it comes live

Why do people have no interest? Like I said before, this change is so drastic (basically removing the viability of an entire skill tree) that it will have ripple effects for overall balance in the game. Why do other characters get three skill trees but Druids now only have two?

3 Likes

A lot of people already pass on any build that relies on attack rating. On top of that, Fury druid is like a zeal Paladin, and Paladins are much more popular. I used to love both and after enough missing, kinda just picked classes that don’t rely on AR.

1 Like

And zeal cant be interrupted, but fury can… and now fury is slow, so more apt to be interrupted…

1 Like

Never thought I’d see the day where Fend Amazon is laughing running past a Fury Druid.

3 Likes